Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 September 2005
Never been a big fan of Beverley Knight or many female "soul" singers to be honest, but I heard a few of her songs on the radio and decided to take a chance on the album. I haven't stopped listening to it since it dropped on the doormat in that innocent little brown box. It's an awesome album. Every track could have been released as a single and would have been a hit (if the single-buying public was aged over 9 and was less fickle).
on 2 September 2005
What can I say, this album is my favourite album of the past 12 months! Beverley has proven herself to be rediculously talented, a true British gem who doesn't get the credit she deserves! Every song on this album is amazing and you can tell Beverly's really put her heart and soul into every song. My particular fave is the beautiful "first time" also "remember me" a song that brought me to tears the first time I heard it. There's also the upbeat offerings of "come as you are", "keep this fire burning" and "tea and sympathy". To summarise EVERYONE should have this album as part of their collection a classic which should not go un-noticed! If you do one thing today buy this album!
on 17 August 2005
I bought this album on the instict of two songs "Come As You Are" and "Keep This Fire Burning". I certainly wasn't disappointed. Previously i had never really taken much notice of Beverley Knight and how wrong i was to do so. The whole of this album is excellent and there is not a song which i do not like. There are one's that stick out, paticularly "Supasonic" "Tea & Sympathy" and "Straight Jacket" which i couldn't stop listening to, a fantastic ballad! After listening to this album i bought the other 3.
Beverley Knight has a very strong voice and certainly knows how to choose a song to suit her vocal abilities. It's about time the British had a great female vocalist, and here she is! Go buy this cd!!!
on 1 June 2005
So far, the album of her career. This CD is phenomenal.
Launched by the summer anthem "Come As You Are", this kicks off a whole multitude of styles and rhythms. "Not Too Late For Love" is my favourite for its pure honesty and fantastic video. Then the cover of Robyn's "Keep This Fire Burning". The best way to do a cover version, make it better than the original. (Done).
To be fair I have always been a huge fan of Beverley Knight. She has risen from "The B Funk" through "Prodigial Sista" through "Who I Am" to this pinnacle. I can't fault it. Buy her records and keep her in the business because flowers like this don't grow in the shade very often.
on 3 June 2005
After buying Beverley's second and third albums. I was pleased to purchase her forth album entitled 'Affirmation'. This album shows progression from her 2003 release 'Who I Am' as she perfects her sound blending different genres and working with various song writers such as Guy Chambers on this album. The album has many possible singles such as Till I See Ya and First time and includes the 3 hits Come As You Are, Never Too Late For Love and Keep This Fire Burning! Great vocals, Great lyrics and Well worth the money! 5/5
on 28 June 2004
This is the only Beverley Knight album that I have bought and I have to say I am not disappointed at all. I think she has the most magnificent voice beating even the likes of Anastacia with her power. The album itself is also great. The best tracks are, in my opinion, the amazing single - Come as you are, Keep this fire burning, Straight jacket and Till I see ya. I am sure these will all be top 10 selling singles. However, the final track does not sum up the overall mood of the album in my opinion and does not act as an appropriate conclusion to what is otherwise a masterpiece. Miss Knight cleverly arranges the album with slow, soulful tunes and R&B and rock wonders. I hope this album gets the praise it deserves because Beverley Knight should be a name to remember.
on 12 May 2006
I Really love this CD. it is one that I play over and over when I am in the mood for this type of music. Love it. This one along with the others are on my "Keep" pile. This type of music does not seem to go "out of date". I play it if and when the mood takes me.
on 8 October 2008
I had never been a huge fan of beverly until i read a review of this album when it was released, i was never that really into soul music also!! however, once i bought this album all those years ago its still constantly played on my ipod!!
this album is without a doubt one of the best albums ive bought in my life!! there is so much on this record that everyone can relate to, wether u like heavy metal of jazz!! this is a MUST for any music lover! beverley is sooooo underrated and i hope that one day she will become a global superstar b cus thats what she deserves!!
VINE VOICEon 6 February 2005
I actually bought the single Come As You Are, however the rest of this album is so much better than that song. This has got to be the best album of 2005 by a mile and i cannot believe Brit Awards has neglected to recognise this. The best tracks are 'No One Ever Loves in Vain', 'Affirmation' and 'Tea and Sympathy'
on 17 February 2014
A little disappointed only because I had expected so much; I think of Beverley as an under-apreciated British star, so probably expected too muck