5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!
Published on 14 Dec 2007 by A. Cole

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure
Well, firstly I have to say - I like this dog! It makes lots of cute sounds and plays music. It is brightly coloured and fairly interactive - a good learning toy.

Published 10 months ago by SM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, 14 Dec 2007
A. Cole "Allie73" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
No toy holds my 7-month-old's interest more than this puppy. He just loves it, and has loved it for a few months, so it's not a passing fancy! It sings songs, it counts, it does the alphabet, it names body parts and colours. It really makes my baby laugh. It's fun to watch him discover which body parts play which tunes. It seems very well made. My baby often throws it or chews on it and there is no damage done. It's a big hit in our house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Dec 2013
The packaging the dog comes in isn't very good. When the postman delivered it it was singing away. At first I thought it was broken as it never finished a song or completed the alphabet but On closer inspection there is a second tab in the back that's you need to pull out. My baby loves it and it keeps him entertained for hrs. It's a firm favourite of his and now it has to go everywhere we do. I agree with other reviews it is very sensitive and altho it gets very annoying having to listen to the same things over and over and never hearing it out to the end it keeps the baby amused and if he happy I'm happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab toy for baby, 6 Nov 2008
Amazon Customer (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this toy for my baby girl when she was 3 months old and it is most definately her favourite toy. It has provided her with hours of entertainment and it never fails to hold her attention. It can be sensitive but this does not seem to bother my daughter...in fact she loves it. She is now nearly 7 months old and she still loves it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure, 7 Jan 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy (Toy)

However! - my daughter doesn't like it. She has no time for it at all and cries when it is given to her. She has other singing talking toys that she does like and I don't know what it is about this one - but it just doesn't seem to appeal to her. Weirdly it doesn't seem to appeal to the toddler either.

The big downside of it is that the 'controls' are far too sensitive and it takes a slight brush or touch or knock to stop what it is doing and make it start doing something else which can be frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this toy!, 10 July 2008
J. Harper (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Bought this when my daughter was 6 months old. She loved it and it is still her favourite toy 6 months later. It is a bit sensitive and can switch very quickly from one song/phrase to another upon the slightest touch, however she has worked out now to sit back and listen if she wants to hear a certain song before touching it again. Keeps her amused for ages. Keeps going back to it time and time again. A great buy and would throughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy, 9 Jan 2014
Bought for my new born son, who is now 4 months old. A great buy for the money. well packaged to avoid damage

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth every penny!, 19 April 2011
Bought this for my 8 month old for christmas. He didn't pay much attention it and I was rather dissapointed because It is a rather costly toy. However, now this toy has become him absolute favourite. It is the only toy he owns that will hold his attention and keep him entertained for hours. When you give him the puppy his eyes light up and a big smile spreads across his little face. All you can hear is his little giggles when he barks and blows kisses. He is such an adorable puppy. Lovely, bright and colouful. Sings a wide variety of different songs and actually teaches children things unlike most toys ive seen. I bought this after seeing my husbands little sister play with it from when she was 6 months, by the time she was a year old she could do all of head, shoulders knees and toes ect. Seems a favourite with everyone I know who owns it.
As for it being touchy, it can be but it has to be sensitive for little hands to touch. I wouldnt say it is annoyingly touchy and I have heard it finished songs. Plus the fact that when they are at this age it doesnt matter if it does skips because all they want to do is explore. By they time they get to the age where they'll benefit from it educationally they will have learned not to press it so much and to wait for it to finish. Personally I think it is worth every single penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 4 Jan 2009
M. Emerson "mr_emerson" (Kent) - See all my reviews
I can't understand some of the negative reviews. Yes, there are issues with the buttons being sensitive but they are not that bad. For the price this is a good toy which manages to be cute and educational. It is well made and contains a good selection of songs and effects. For a younger child it is ideal to hold in front of them and activate the buttons for them and show them the results - I am sure older children will button bash but that may be an indication that they need something more challenging. For a younger baby this provides good entertainment and value wrapped up in a cute package.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 27 Oct 2008
My little girl started loving this toy at 3 months. At 6 months it is her favorite toy. Keeps her amused for a long time and she gets really excited when she sees this toy and gets to play with it. Would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special but not bad for a battery-operated toy, 27 Dec 2012
Let me start by saying I am not a fan of battery-operated toys, but we received this as a Christmas present for my 9-month-old daughter. I don't find it to be too sensitive, as many other reviews suggest (and wonder if their toys have slight defects?), but just about right for an older baby. It's actually more straightforward than some other Fisher-Price toys that appear to put on light-shows with no discernible pattern every time you hit a button (one reason I don't like these kind of toys), and I think it's easier for a toddler to understand the cause and effect relationship. Each time you press the Heart, the dog says "Heart", "Red Heart" or "I Love You". You press the Hand and he says "Hand", "Green Hand" or applauds. It's much less of a headache than I was expecting. My little one is really only interested in the flashing heart at the moment, but she also likes the toy when it's turned off, as it's colourful, textured and cuddly.

The songs are simple and the voice that sings them is cute rather than annoying, though I would still rather sing and play with my baby without battery-assistance. We also get much longer stretches of entertainment out of our simple shape-sorter and wooden beat frame, but this is a nice toy to take out once a day to change things up. Definitely simpler, less annoying, and more educational than the majority of Fisher-Price, Tomy, V-tech, etc;

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy