5.0 out of 5 stars a sturdy elegant practical bin
Published on 20 May 2007 by Giuseppe E. Bignardi

1.0 out of 5 stars A poor effort for Brabantia!
I purchased my 1st bin in November 2010 after getting fed up of the smells coming from my old lift off top one. This seemed like the perfect solution, keeps smells in, nice and slim, 10 year guarantee and best of all it is a Brabantia, the best know name in the market.
The lid catch first went wrong at the beginning of december so I ordered a replacement, then...
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by stephen

5.0 out of 5 stars a sturdy elegant practical bin, 20 May 2007
We bought this bin 2 weeks ago and we are quite happy with our purchase. The capacity is modest (30 litres) for a family of 4 and we fill it in 2 days, but it takes little space due to its tall design. The advantage of a 72 cm high bin, over the shorter ones, is not only the increased capacity but also the fact you can fill it without bending (or missing). We preferred the touch to the pedal opening mechanism because it stays open as long as you need (unlike the pedal models which closes as you remove the foot). The only minor fault is that the handle is intended to be on the back, whereas we prefer to keep it on the front to pull the bin out from below the kitchen table: the only difference between the front and back is a verical seem line but, being not unsightly, it does not really matter. I would recommend it, unless a larger capacity is required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia Touch Bin, 10 Mar 2010
Janet Fish (Lowdham, Notts) - See all my reviews
I bought this bin because I wanted a tall narrow bin, all black with no stainless steel showing. The reason for this is that my previous two stainless steel bins both went rusty within a short space of time and were difficult to keep looking nice and clean. This bin is brilliant. Big enough to hold a decent amount of waste, but small enough to fit into the place I need it. The fact that it is all black means it always looks smart and clean and it is very easy to wash down without it looking streaky. They give you a free gift of 20 bin bags specially made in the right size which are also great as they are very well made and have ties on them for ease of use. At a price tag of nearly 60 my husband thought I was mad, but I think it will last for years and will always look as good as new. I recommend this bin to all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but reliable and easy to clean, 29 July 2009
Brabantia bins are expensive, but the quality far surpasses anything else I've bought previously. The lid mechanism, although plastic, feels very solid and my 3-year-old hasn't broken it yet!

The inner bucket has vent holes in the bottom to allow the bag to lift out easily. This also prevents nasty smells from building up inside the bin and makes it easy to clean (my tip: as it has holes in the bottom, take the bucket outside, put a few drops of detergent in it and fill it from the garden hose).

The inside of the lid is suitably high so that rubbish doesn't touch the inside of it (unless you really overfill your bin. That said, it is also easy to clean. The "fingerproof" finish really works - no fingerprints! This is another blessing if you have small children in the house.

I would not waste any money on Brabantia's own bin bags - the lid fits in such a way as to cover up any larger, cheaper bags you might be using, so no one will ever know!

I was initially tempted by the more expensive Brabantia bin with a sensor lid but, after seeing negative reviews about the reliability, I decided to go for this more sensible option. I have so far not been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!, 25 Nov 2008
This review is from: Brabantia 30 L Touch Bin - Matt Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I bought one of these just under a year ago, for my birthday in January. I was a bit wary of it as it seemed rather pricey, but I have been convinced it was worth the money.

I bought it as reviews read elsewhere pointed out that if it broke, Brabantia's excellent customer serice would provide replacement parts free of charge, to ensure that it did indeed live up to its long guarantee.

Not that mine has broken, however - far from it.

11 months on, it looks as smart as when I bought it. The matt steel basically does not show marks, the 'touch' top is easy for even my toddler to use, but stays shut even when absolutely full, and keeps smells to a minimum.

A well-made, quality product, that does what it claims, whilst looking discreetly smart. Highly recommended - no faults at all I can think of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantial touch bin, 20 Nov 2010
This review is from: Brabantia 30 L Touch Bin - Matt Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned a Brabantia touch bin for the past five years and it has been a great product. For Christmas this year, I've bought one for my daughter as she has had all the other types of bin but has never been very happy with them. I'm sure she'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, 18 Sep 2009
Paul Bell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brabantia 30 L Touch Bin - Matt Steel (Kitchen & Home)
Our old cheap pedal bin broke a while back, and we have larger versions of these bins at work so I knew they were pretty rugged. This one is just the right size for our family of 4 - its full and needs emptying just before it starts smelling. The lid is excellent - keeps the smells in, and easy to clean - I even spotted my wife washing it in the sink the other day which would have been unheard of with our previous bin - that used to be my job and one I am delighted to relinquish! It looks great too - the brushed finish doesn't show finger marks which is essential with small children in the house. The Brabantia bags are also worth it if you buy in bulk - they fit perfectly as you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bin - but check for dents, 10 Nov 2008
J. E. Bradburn "J.B" (London. UK) - See all my reviews
Great bin - I already own one but bought another for my brother's xmas gift (ok, bit of a dull gift but it's what he wants). Brilliant size, easy to use and robost. The reason I wanted to write a review was to comment on how the first bin turned up with two small dents at the front. Make sure you thoroughly check the bin before accepting it as although the dents were small, the ceiling lights showed them up. The second bin arrived in perfect condition.

Full marks to amazon for providing an efficient easy to use returns system and for providing great products at good prices. Debenhams had the same bin for sale for 60 + a 5 p&p fee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, 9 Nov 2011
I really wanted a slim bin that was easy to clean, silent and pleasing to the eye.
This bin ticked all the boxes for me. It holds a good amount of rubbish and there's no 'bin aroma' when you need to change the bag.
I know it's just a bin, but its really a great product and I am very happy with my purchase. It sits snugly behind the kitchen door and is unimposing.
I also like the the fact it has no unsightly overhang from the bin bag as they bags (which I purchased separately as well the 20 you get with the bin) are a good fit and are quite strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia touch bin, 8 Oct 2010
Evelyn Stewart "even so" (England) - See all my reviews
It is such an improvement on our old bin and although we haven't had it long it is perfect. Fits in to the space we had perfectly and looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bin, 8 Mar 2009
Minesh Patel "miles05" (Birmingham, England, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item from Amazon four weeks ago when they had a special offer on the item as I wanted to replace our plastic bin which was not fit for purpose anymore. It was delivered on time and was in perfect condition when it was delivered to me. I thought the price was great value for money and the quality of the product is excellent. As I live in small household the, 30 litre bin is ideal as we only need to empty the bin for our weekly refuse collection service. If you live large household with four or more people than the 50 litre bin might be more ideal for your family needs. I am really happy with the purchase and recommend it to anyone else. The bin also comes with a ten year guarantee.

Brabantia 30 L Touch Bin - Matt Steel