on 22 June 2007
My son bought me this - just another LED lamp I thought. But this one knocks all the multi-LED torches for six with unbelievable brightness and beam throw. Now you really can forget the old filament lamp technology; this is powerful and compact. One disadvantage - it is not big enough or heavy enough to knock out that burglar in the night; you will now need to find a heavy stick !
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2006
I have had one of these for 12 months now and I must admit that it is by far the best torch I have ever owned (and I have owned a few !!). Collegues are always asking to borrow it or enquire where I bought it and even can I pick one up for them when i'm out shopping next !!! It really is that good and blows the competition out of the water. I have only one small quibble....even though it has a battery life of 50 hours when used for extended periods I have found this estimated to be much less. Otherwise I suggest you choose one of these...you wont be sorry.
on 26 February 2008
OK .....with LED light technology, most of the electrical energy is converted into light, whereas with filament bulbs, most of the energy is converted into heat. This is why I've bought several LED torches over the past 5 years because the batteries last 4 or 5 times longer than conventional torches. However, the light output was never a match for a large chunky Maglite 4D cell.

However the Luxeon technology incorporated in this torch ( and others in the Lenser range ) defies all logic. It simply makes no sense whatsoever.
How can a torch this size ( its tiny!!! ) outperform every other torch I've ever owned or seen ?........ obviously its magic !

Its a daft price to pay for a torch, I know, but it has excellent build quality and the light output has to be literally seen to be believed. However, this torch is most defineitely not suitable for children......seriously !
This torch is very compact and gives out such brillant white light that looking directly at the light cannot be good for your eyes! We use it for looking in the cupboard under the stairs and for walking at night in unlit country lanes. Its so compact and light you can easily put in in your trouser pocket or handbag. Battery life is excellent as a negligiable amout of heat is produce - all the energy goes to a chip to make the light. A first class product.
on 13 August 2007
I work security - constant night shift. I spend a lot of time wandering around in the dark, and I'm very immpressed with this little torch. It way out performs my 4 D-cell led maglite. It pushes out a brilliant white beam to around 50 feet, and operates for about 25-30 hours before the beam shows any sign of dimming. Also, I'm very clumsy - I've dropped this little torch onto concrete, tarmac, steel stairs, into puddles, mud, etc, and it still functions perfectly - it's well worth the money.
on 2 May 2010
After years using various Maglites I bought one of these about two years ago for work, I'm an aircraft engineer so use a torch every day. This torch was far superior to anything I had tried before, the light is very bright, I would even go as far as saying sometimes almost too bright. The battery life is very good, on average I only replace the batteries about once every two months (the maglite used to be once every two weeks!)
Highly recommended (So much that I've just ordered another two Led Lenser products)
on 22 April 2011
This torch is fantastic! It is very small and light and fits unobtrusively into my handbag or pocket, BUT, it has a very stong white beam which is effective even on the darkest night. I didn't know that such a good torch could be so strong and light (light in both ways - get it?). It is definitely worth the extra money, the battery life is excellent (still on my first one). I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 20 October 2011
Do yourself a favour and don't use the Lenser batteries that come with it, you will get a lot more light if you use a premium brand like duracell.
All in all, a fantastic lightweight torch with amazing perfomance for the size, just use better batteries.
on 13 June 2013
Most powerful torch I've ever owned. Blows your socks off.
The battery loading compartment looks like a nuclear device from a James Bond movie and feel solid, well made.

Only criticism is it's not so great when you're trying to read a serial number on a cooker plate for example, it's so bright it literally washes out what it is you're trying to view. I have to aim the torch elsewhere and read it from the peripheral light.

First thing I did was of course was to turn out the lights that night, make it dark as possible in the house and check it out.
Wow, I could see cobwebs in places I didn't know I had places!

As a professional Handyman and Gas Engineer in West London this torch lives with me, goes everywhere I go and in used daily.
I can't fault it.
My Electrician is just drooling over it, I keep telling him to get his own!

It's like the VW Golf of torches, a nice solid click every time you turn it off and on.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2013
I think I purchased my V2 in 2003, sorry it wasnt Amazon, but it is a brilliant torch, I have never had a problem with my V2 and I have tried nearly all the AAA battery manufacturers, I have to say I have been let down more than once or twice with Duracel leaking before expiry, the best in this torch I have found to be Varta and Energizer Alkaline. This torch has such a lovely beam that it even gets warm at the head. Another AAA to consider is a set of highest mah rechargable batteries, they work well in the Lenser V2.

These torches are very well worth the price, and very bright, just be careful who you point it at.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse