5.0 out of 5 stars k-lash in a class of their own nek-off, 25 Aug 2004
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Its been a while since I last bought an album of real value. It annoys me that 99% of music listeners are awesomely nieve in their commercial exploits seeking only the very tip of an iceberg that stretches to the underground of real music of real significance. Klashnekoff, along with the likes of Jehst and Lewis Parker are supreme. 'The Sagas of Klashnekoff' glorifies the class of UK hip hop in comparison with rest of the rap-world. 'Murda', 'B 4 U Die' and 'Parrowdice' are simply awesome. Lyrics that read as poetry rejoice their incredible intellect to MC the way they do. This is hardcore hip hop but the finest with the best beats. If you, out there have never heard of any UK talent, you must explore and find out like the rest of us have the incredible music of undergroung UK hip hop. Trust!!-youll never look back!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Air, 27 May 2004
Ian (Leyburn, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Klashnekoff and Terrafirma are a breath of fresh air. Tracks like 'All i got'and 'Murda' show why Uk Hip Hop is the next big thing. Having grew up listening to all legends in Hip Hop like Tupac, Klasnekoff really shows me why he is the next one in line. His Rhyme and flow flys along with his beats and to any hip hop fan, even mainstream artist lovers this is a classic.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album, 21 Nov 2006
J. Stocks "hip-hop-head" (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
This is an album which I find particularly easy to listen to. Klash's lyrics are predominantly tight, meaningful and thoughtful. The beats are mostly nice aswell complementing the rapstyle with success.

'Zero' is a fresh and brilliant opening track for the album, letting the listener know what he/she is in for with the opening lines "I self-cater, radiate like alpha beta/battle the caper, detonate the paper...".

Where this album really stands out for me though is through the guest appearances of Kyza who quite literally blows the other rappers away with his verses on several of the tracks. On 'B4 U die' Klashnekoff demonstrates his substantial ability on the mic (as he does throughout), but Kyza finishes the track with an outstanding verse e.g. "I'm so solid, I spit knowledge liquid and gas/call me gravity the way man'll be lifting you chaps/it's pure non-fiction I'm spittin' I stick to the facts/mans thought they had the bottle till I twisted their caps...". Despite not showing the same type of conscious lyricism which Klashnekoff brings, it is certainly the tracks with Kyza on that are my favourites.

One personal drawback to this album is the amount of skits on it, particularly those at the beginning of certain tracks. They simply don't interest me, but that is a purely personal opinion.

This is definitely an album worth owning for the UK hip-hop fan, offering a quite unique and highly conscious alternative to other releases on the market.

As a side point, one of the previous reviewers confuses the artist 'Ricochet Kalashnekoff' with 'Klashnekoff' (as in 'The Sagas of...') so I just thought I'd clear that up.

Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyrics from the next level, 22 Dec 2004
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Sit up and take note. This album puts UK hip hop artists to shame. He has pushed lyrical content to a next level. All the tracks on this are immaculate, flow, lyrics and beats. By far the best Uk album I have heard all year. The obvious classics are "All I Got", "Murda" etc. But my own personal favourite has to be "Son of Niah". The flute is just insane and every lyric is tight. "I fought wars, and returned war torn, My wife was scorned, she took the life of my firstborn". Woah! Pure deepness. Future Classic. Simple and plain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Rose, 6 April 2005
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Although only having listened to this album a few times I can tell you that it is brilliant. All the tracks are great, my favorite being track 8, Black Rose. I love it, and although I have not heard that much UK hip hop i can safely say that from what I have heard Klashnekoff is one of the best, probably competing with Skinnyman and Ty. This album is one which you can put on and listen to the end without skipping a track. Pure beauty.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dark and eerie world of K-LASH-NEK-OFF, 26 July 2004
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Recently the finest hip hop artists have been surfacing from all over the UK - and this is one of them. Though the album is dark (as in murky), Klashnekoff's talent shines through so bright. From the moment you press play, he pulls you into his world - and if you ain't feelin' this, you ain't listened to it properly. It's shadowy and and eerie there and the only way to get out is to press stop.
He has the ability to write intelligent lyrics that entertain as well as make sense ("...maintain my balance like Libra/swift like Calibra, injection" - from "Daggo Mentality" - Klashnekoff). He has live footage between some tracks and his West-Indian (Rasta) roots are apparent in the music and lyrics as well. Plus the focus of his music is on life and its harsh realities (violence, racism, death, love etc.) and he make you visualise this. Klashnekoff disregards the usual shallow materialism that many (or most) hip hop artists chat about these days. He tells it like it is/was instead of how he wants you to envy what he has and that deserves PURE RESPECT.
The grimy "It's Murda" is an obvious stand out track without a doubt where he spits violent Rasta flavoured lyrics over an innocent little piano tune and a heavy bass. But if you listen to more of the album, his raw talent don't stop there..."All I Got" over a classical-sounding tune, the piano laced "Jankrowville", "Daggo Mentality", intelligent lyrical content of "Parrowdice", "B4 U DIE", "Our Time", "Zero" are all heavy tracks. The beautiful and deep "Black Rose" shows an emotional side while the skits (2 of them) you hear the sinister racial abuse against Black people. "Son of Niah" is deep, thoughtful and mellow.
The only thing the album lacks though is more tracks from the talented man - I look forward to the next album. Oh and a few bigger photos of him won't hurt either 'cause damn he's fine!

5.0 out of 5 stars the black russian, 4 July 2004
K. McLoughlin (MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Klashnekoff is an up and coming emcee who has unmistakable talent. If you like Jehst, Braintax, and other UK emcees then you'll love this album. In fact If you apprecciate clever lyrics, grimy slang, vivid imagery, and cool beats then you'll love this. Its laced with reggae style beats with an unmistakable hip hop authenticity to it. I dont care who you are, this underground album will speak to any hip hop fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Support, buy, see..., 17 Jan 2005
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
A gritty, raw and complete album that Klashnekoff deserves to take-off with. Some fantastic rhymes, rhythms and beats, here's UK Hip-Hop presented at its best. Who needs the US when you've got Ricochet on your door?

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best every UK hip hop albums., 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
Mix of content, style of production and flow make this one of the best UK hip hop albums of all time and one of my favourites period. BUY IT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not sleep on raw UK hip hop talent., 4 July 2004
This review is from: The Sagas of... (Audio CD)
This artist solely got me into UK hip hop after hearing 'Daqggo Mentality'. With tracks such as the banger 'Its Murda', the Terra Firma joint 'Parrowdice' the deep 'Black rose' 'All I got' and 'Son of Niah' this album cannot fail to please on all angles. Since hearing K-lash, i've been copping albums from Blak Twang, Jehst, Ty, Mystro and Task Force. The album might seem a bit short, onlt 10 tracks and 4 skits, but Nas produced arguably the best ever hip hop album in ten tracks...so...that shouldnt matter. This man could teach the likes of 50 cent a thing or two. I've not stopped rinsing this album since I copped it, and im loving it more cos none of my friends can get their hands on it. Even if you're not into UK hip hop, trust me and cop this, you wont be disappointed.
"Its Murda...when man test the terra firma!"-Klashnekoff
Peace

The Sagas of...
The Sagas of... by Klashnekoff (Audio CD - 2004)