5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, thought provoking and dramatic
Published on 11 Jan 2011 by Cavetti

2.0 out of 5 stars A bucket of cold water
The fact that I was very disappointed with this CD has nothing to do with the seller. The content is poor and disjointed and I suppose I was expecting an expansion of the ethnic side of the soundtrack. This CD is just the bits of music from the movie
Published 17 months ago by Mr RG MacDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, thought provoking and dramatic, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Man on Fire (Audio CD)
Harry Gregson-Williams has graced us with numerous fantastic film scores for us to endulge ourselves on but this time he has created through this thrilling revenge film, a masterpiece. The occasional accoustic guitar transports you to Mexico, to a city of stunning architecture and character, sweating under a midday sun. The sorrowful music truly portrays Creasy's pain at the loss of Pita, drawing us in and creating further empathy for his character as we hear his heartbreak in these pieces. This music has the capacity to truly emphasise the gentle nature of a character that has lost his way but has compassion remaining despite the tortures of his past.

However we also get a glimpse into the madness within with scores such as "Nightmare" that reveals the frightening nature of Creasy's alcoholism. The confusion of sounds and violent nature of the music truly permits us to glance further into his personal torment at past actions and lack of purpose. The revenge music we also hear throughout the music perfectly portrays Creasy's anger at those who took Pita and the fast moving, cresendoes have our hearts racing. Furthermore the almost electronic, heavy feel of the music is in contrast to the softer bursts of accoustic we also hear in this album, allowing us to enjoy each type of track with more intensity.

The most notable track from this beautiful album is the well received combination of Harry Gregson Williams and Lisa Gerrard "The End". This stunning piece of music has the capacity to captivate and portrays the feel of this film. It stresses the hope that Pita gave to Creasy and beneath the layers of revenge that we witness in the film and hear on this album we gain an insight to a softer side of Creasy that Pita was able to draw out in their time together and the peace he finally has towards himself.

A truly magnificant film but importantly a beautiful album that does Harry Gregson-Williams great credit. Personally, apart from the obvious "The end" that has me close to tears no matter where I listen to it, other tracks such as "Pita's Sorrow" and "Smiling" are some of my favourite tracks and in themself are beautiful in their simplistic nature. However I also enjoy the faster, more intense tracks such as "the voice" and in particular "Main Theme" that have my heart racing each time as I run alongside Creasy's in his attempts to avenge Pita.

To all you sitting there, debating whether or not to buy this album I would definitely recommend you add it to your basket. This fruitful collection of songs will have you transported through the bad moments and the good, into Creasy's world.

Cavetti

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry, please do this again !!!, 10 Aug 2004
This review is from: Man On Fire (Audio CD)
Wow! Once again he comes through with another amazing score to a hopefully great movie. A must for fans! If you only got the final track, feat. Lisa Gerrad ( Ex Dead Can Dance ) it would be worth it. A classic !! Lisa you're an angel !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars just an amazing great action movie, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Man On Fire (Audio CD)
I loved to see this movie over and over again. Supporting music is great and wisdom is sometimes deep. Like a bullit never lies, everyone is an artist and the shot will set you free !

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Man On Fire (Audio CD)
I love the film Man on Fire and the music plays a big part of it but this CD is just snippets of the background music in the film. To add to that some of the main songs in the film aren't even on here.

I sent mine back within an hour of opening it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bucket of cold water, 21 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful soul searching music, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Man On Fire (Audio CD)
The music on this cd is truly amazing,I would recomend seeing the film, in that way you will instantley feel and understand the emotional deeply moving inpact of the film,my personal favourite track is the end music lisa gerrard track 26.Deborah

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: Man On Fire (Audio CD)
I loved the movie and the soundtrack was a big part of it ,thats way I wanted to have this CD it is just amazing..

Man On Fire
Man On Fire by Harry Gregson-Williams (Audio CD - 2009)