5.0 out of 5 stars Still makes me feel guilty...
I've never done a review before, but I thought I have to because of how impressed I was with this product.

I ordered this so I could have some slightly guilt free pancakes on Christmas morning. It was incredible!

Shipping - Wrapped very well and comfortably in it's box, with bubble wrap. Bottle was sealed.

Taste - Genuinely shocked how...
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by HershDavda

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely on the fence about this
I really can't decide whether this 'syrup' is the best thing since sliced bread or a bottle full of ghastly chemicals.

Published on 7 Feb 2012 by AphraOnline

5.0 out of 5 stars Still makes me feel guilty..., 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)

Taste - Genuinely shocked how much it tasted like regular, sugary maple syrup. I still feel guilty when I use it since I can't really wrap my head around that fact that there's no sacrifice in taste whatsoever. Normally 0 calorie/diet stuff tends to sacrifice a certain amount of flavour to achieve it's calorie deficit. Not here.

In total, yes, it is a slightly pricey item if you take into account the cost of shipping, so I use it somewhat sparingly, however, don't let this take away from it's amazing taste. Throw out your old maple syrup and order yourself a bottle of this stuff. Give it to someone without telling them it's 0 calories/sugar etc., they won't know the difference.

Seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars NomNomNom!, 4 Dec 2013
F. MACKENZIE (UK) - See all my reviews
LOVE this product!
We get protein pancake mix and to then have a very sweet yet sugar free syrup to make them really tasty, AWESOME!

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely on the fence about this, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)

The product certainly smells very much like maple syrup and even tastes very much like it - at first. It lacks the body and depth of flavour associated with the real thing but I could forgive this if it wasn't for the truly vile aftertaste that continues to develop long after one has finished eating. Follow it immediately with something strongly flavoured (espresso, perhaps, or a clove of garlic!) and it might be avoided, I suppose, but it really did feel like I'd just rinsed my mouth with the waste from a chemical recycling plant.

On the other hand, the *immediate* flavour was very acceptable and I probably will continue to use it - just not at the end of a meal!

My only other concern is the same one I have with all zero calorie products coming out of the U.S. - that it's not really zero calorie (or carbs, which is more important to me) at all. Because manufacturers are permitted by U.S. law to round down by portion, they only need to get to 0.9g of carbs per serving to be allowed to label it carb free and, as portions sizes are often ridiculously small in order to achieve this, a real portion could contain heaps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw out the sugar and save your life!, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
Firstly and most importantly if you're used to a high sugar, fat, carb diet/sweet tooth this will taste rather odd and perhaps unsatisfying, maybe even offensive. It's not tasteless or lacking a sweet quality flavour, just different, like sweetener in your tea. All products produced today involve processing and have artificial preservatives and enhancers, again the syrup is different and your taste buds will need to adapt. It's most likely you're used to having deserts off the shelf from the supermarket ready to sit down in front of the telly and spoon away in delight. With this you need to put a few things together like some fruit, low sugar biscuit thing crumbled over it, or what you fancy without ruining the point of the product. The Caramel Syrup is less popular, it's my second choice, it's a good option if you get tired of this. Third on the list is the chocolate syrup, though it is quite a departure from any chocolate I've tasted. After a few goes combined with the right things it's useable, but don't expect a melted Galaxy bar running down your banana split! Try hard and push yourself to get off sugar, it's the worst addiction in the world, beyond smoking and alcohol. I cleared out all the sugar in my house and in 10 months have come from 20 stone to 14! The doctor can't understand how simply removing all sugar could produce a profound result... My whole life has changed, from getting out of the bed to climbing stairs, it's so easy, I'm a different person!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great for no calories., 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
It has a great taste and I even enjoy it by itself. It goes nice on pancakes or mixed with Greek yogurt. I also have started including this in my cups of tea and they taste amazing! I don't know what people are complaining about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
I just tasted this out of the bottle to check I liked it and I was pleasantly surprised! Seeing as it's free from sugar, carbs and calories I wasn't sure whether or not it would be good but it's nice. Not as good as regular syrup but then I'm on a diet and this is a fantastic addition to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
I feel guilty anyway! It's so good I actually feel like I'm eating a hell of a lot of sugar... Definitely the best of the Walden Farm products that I've tried so far. Delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
the best of all the Walden farm syrups. Incredible taste!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely zero calorie treat, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g (Grocery)
Quick delivery from seller, was apprehensive as very mixed reviews but was pleasantly suprised it is very sweet but so is maple syrup and with zero calories extra will be a regular from now on in my cupboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 July 2014