Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 November 2006
I've seen this album be described as 'un-listenable' in some quarters, and I do empathise with those thoughts. The brashness and, frankly, the strangeness of this offering from one of Japan's most prodigious bands make it an extremely inaccessible record.

Really, I'd venture to suggest that this is for die-hard Boredoms fans only. Alternatively, I'd advise anyone interested by the band to pursue either `Super Are' or 'Vision Creation Newsun' first.

There are moments of moderate musical success here, and I personally do enjoy the album (in moderation!), however like all the band's work, it needs to be cranked up really loud to be appreciated. The concise opening 'Nice B-O-R-E Guy & Boyoyo Touch' is a listenable slice of curiousness, whilst the sprawling ten-minute 'Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori' hints at the band's future successes with avant-experimentation.

A decent buy, I guess, for those who like their music REALLY strange!
on 19 March 2012
A seminal recording and the perfect cure for media induced musical conformism. If you think that Radiohead are an experimental band, you ought to hear Pop Tatari.