4.0 out of 5 stars Soldering iron. 60watts
I needed a more powerful soldering iron to solder thicker cables to connectors on a classis car, my current iron was only 30watts. The new soldering iron does the job well.
Published on 4 July 2010 by Classic man

2.0 out of 5 stars Tip problems
Two or three minutes after starting to use the iron for my glass work, the end of the tip fractured making a neat seam impossible. I contacted Draper and was sent another tip but the same thing happened with that one. I returned the whole thing to Amazon and got a refund. I reckon you get what you pay for and this was cheap.
Published on 21 Mar. 2011 by Glasser

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Tip problems, 21 Mar. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Soldering iron. 60watts, 4 July 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern soldering iron, 19 Jan. 2011
Michael S. Stewart "michaelstewart" (Bushey Heath, Herts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
This was purchased as a replacement for a 30 year old Henley solon iron of similar wattage. It heats up quickly, much lighter to handle than the one it replaces and with its smaller tip, easier to maneuver.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
I have recently purchased this Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron... it is a great piece of kit and works well in every way but the tip it comes with is shaped as a phillips screwdriver tip, so basicly if you want a soldering iron for small and fiddly stuff change the tip. Overall i rate this product 5/5 stars and i congratulate Draper for making such a great soldering iron. Definately the best soldering iron on amazon. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
Bought as a 'stocking filler' gift for my brother because this is what he asked for.
Perfect general purpose soldering iron, which has mostly been used on vehicle wiring loom repairs.
Too big for electronics really, but would do in a pinch if needed?
Heats up quickly and is nice to use. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
It was a long time since I have done any soldering. I bought this for a reasonably priced item for a brand i recognize. Works well, heats up quickly, stand that comes with it is simple but works well. Handle doesnt get hot, even when used for a long period of time.
Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay iron, but with tip problems..., 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
This iron is okay for the price, but if you plan on doing a lot of soldering it's definitely worth getting a better iron.

My tip became fractured the second time I used it, leaving an enormous concave hole at the end of the tip. After a few more uses, the tip became completely oxidised and unusable.. If you want to buy this iron, it's worth buying a few extra tips - but at that price, you may as well just buy a more expensive iron in the first place.

2.0 out of 5 stars Di-sa-ppoooooooointed.gif, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
I'm giving this soldering iron no more than 2 stars for the simple fact that it's powerful and at first used impressed me a lot. However after less than 10 times usage I have experienced what other people on here have mentioned. A fractured tip. Actually mine has a hole in it. I thought about ringing them so they can send a new replacement but then I read most people got about 10 months useage out of these so totally not worth the effort. Not to mention the same thing is going to happen with the new chisel tip. Anyway it's a shame Draper made such a poor product just to rely on wattage sale. I also noticed my 30w Weller actually runs pretty hot for something that is half the wattage. Maybe I will see if I can get a powerful version from the same brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soldering Iron, 30 Mar. 2013
L. M. Conder - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
This is a good little iron, very useful for soldering small items, I bought it to replace a very old iron which i had had for about 40 years, so far I'm really pleased with it. It was well packed and delivery was fast.

2.0 out of 5 stars Soldering Iron, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Draper 71418 230-Volt 60-Watt Soldering Iron (DIY & Tools)
Very poor product. The tip was difficult to keep tinned and it failed after a year or so. Great pity as Draper products are usually very good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›