5.0 out of 5 stars The kindest cut of all
Published on 27 Nov 2009 by Mr. Geoffrey G. J. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Good value for your money but are plasticy feeling and light weight. At first thought they wouldn't work, but they do work well. Good if you have trouble holding heavy tools, as these make it easier!
Published on 10 May 2010 by D. J. Edington

5.0 out of 5 stars The kindest cut of all, 27 Nov 2009
Mr. Geoffrey G. J. Taylor (Howden, East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 34478 190 mm Anvil-Pattern Ratchet-Action Secateurs (DIY & Tools)
I have used many types of ratchet secateurs but this remains my favourite. Many of the others (which all cost much more) are heavy and bulky but this one is light and fits the hand well. The ratchet action allows quite thick branches to be sliced through with very little effort. I have bought two of them because, many years hence when the first wears out, I may not be able to get a replacement. I should add that my first one was bought about 15 years ago!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and effective!, 31 Aug 2010
David Rose (London, UK) - See all my reviews
We've been using these secateurs for several years under different names and they're excellent for general garden use, cutting twigs and branches up to an inch just as well as secateurs costing many times more. They're very light and easy to store and handle. Every 3 years or so the plastic anvil gets chewed up and we just order two more - his and hers!

5.0 out of 5 stars ratchet Secateur, 16 Mar 2010
Draper 34478 ratchet action secateur cuts through tough stems with ease. The ratchet action makes for really easy pruning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, simple ratchet secateurs, 28 Feb 2010
phil cusak (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent value and really do the job, handling surprisingly large branches for their size and weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars ratchet secateur, 2 Aug 2010
When these secateurs arrived I was not impressed they seamed too light to be any good. But actually they are great the lightness means they can be used for hours without tiring the hand, the ratchet action is very good and will cut through tough thick stems ( with in reason of course ) I am very happy with them and to date three of my friends have bought them as a result of my experience,and all agree with my comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardener, 26 Dec 2009
The secatuers are incredible, I use them all the time, they save a lot of pressure on one's hands, I recommend them

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 10 May 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 May 2011
These clippers were a life saver, bramble bush was cut very easy, would very much recommend these and for the price I paid I cannot fault them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & very cheerful!, 15 Aug 2010
Richard Adams - See all my reviews
This is the second one I've had of these - different brand but exactly the same tool bar the colour! - & it's brilliant. You can't get better value for money. It's lightweight & easy to use. As long as you don't try to take on too big a job that the secateurs are not designed for you won't be disappointed. I have tennis elbow, but this takes all the stress out of pruning, meaning no painful after effects for me! Fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars brillian ratchet action, 7 May 2011
G. Lodge - See all my reviews
When I first discovered these secateurs I was amazed by how good they were. They make cutting a thicker piece really easy. This is my third pair over about 15 years. I still have one of the other pairs and lost my first pair so they last well too.