on 1 October 2009
I bought two of these lawn edgers - we have a large garden and I wanted my husband to share the work!

They are absolutely brilliant. However, in our garden a lot of the ground is very hard clay with rough grass and we found that honing the blade of the edgers made them even more effective and efficient for the task. They are now razor sharp and slice easily through the toughest turf and soil.

If you have less tough terrain you will find that they are very effective without extra sharpness.

I am very impressed with the quality of Draper products. Don't be tempted to buy cheaper versions. These are the business and will probably last for years.
on 22 September 2014
Bought based on good reviews, I must have received an exceptionally bad one, or that it couldn't handle the slightly hard surface close to the edge of my lawn, there is some cement supporting the bricks on my stone path. However, the pressure I applied should not lead to the tool bending so easily.

Issues:
Not very sharp
The head bends in all directions if any resistance is met, eg stone
After 1 hr of use the metal pin holding the tool head to the shaft worked loose.
I wasn't able to complete my edging !!
Now on its way back to Amazon, in 3 pieces....

I will be looking elsewhere ...
on 4 November 2011
the cutting edge is not as sharp as I would have wished and the top of blade could do with being a bit wider to allow for more pressure on cut.
on 15 September 2011
An excellent strong tool, would have been better with a sharp edge instead of very blunt, but I have rectified this, hence 4star
on 7 September 2014
Within 5 minutes of use it bent and the blade where it meets the shaft wobbled. Blade is so blunt it hardly cuts at all more likely it crushed the grass causing more harm than good
on 16 June 2013
A previous half moon lawn edger I bought was rubbish from the start, far to light and flimsy. This lawn edger is very strong and solid, and does the job well.
on 20 April 2014
Great product, appears sturdy and the service was second to none. No hefty packaging and easy to open. Does the job it's supposed to would recommend.
on 20 August 2013
TOO blunt so was unable to cut any any grass edges, maybe the Manufacture forgot to sharpen the cutting parts & just producing it for it's good-looks?
on 18 April 2014
this seemed a sturdy enough product at first, but the head bent and the pin holding the head to the handle came loose the first time it was used!
on 7 October 2014
blunt and shaft bent the first time I used it.avoid.

See one answered question