4.0 out of 5 stars A practical choice
Published on 19 Dec 2010 by V. Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Prongs not very sharp !
Although this is quite a good quality fork, I found the prongs to be thick and not very sharp. Quite difficult to use compared to my last one.
Published 9 months ago by Chritine Bird

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A practical choice, 19 Dec 2010
V. Hannah (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper Expert 19657 Stainless Steel Border Fork (DIY & Tools)
One of the reasons I bought this stainless steel fork is because it also has a polypropylene handle, as opposed to wood. If you are like me, and are liable to leave your tools around the garden, it is an absolutely practical choice. In addition, cleaning the fork is a doddle - just wipe it over with a damp cloth or hose it down and it's not a disaster if you don't even do that!
This tool is well made and does the job perfectly at a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garden fork, 16 May 2011
Looked a bit small at first but is ideal for the borders or light soil.
I would try a bigger size fork for heavy soil or clay.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gardner's Best Friend, 13 Oct 2012
As a gardener spanning over 40 years I have used many different gardening and border forks, but as I have grown older I have become very particular with what I use. It must be made of stainless steel as I have a tendency to leave it in the garden so I know where it is; a very strong shaft but light so that it is easy to use because I tend to use it as a gardening fork as the proper gardening fork is too heavy for me; and it must last a long time. After 30 years my stainless steel border fork has given up the ghost as I got it caught up on a large granite stone in the ground and I put my full weight on it and broke one of the prongs, and probably would still be going if this had not happened. Certainly it does not owe me anything as I have used it continuously, probably more often than most people, and I been most obusive to it during its stay with me. Yep, the Draper Expert is for me. Jean Sambrook

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent, 17 Nov 2013
Very strong but light and well balanced, even though I'm old I easily dug out a shrubbery I wanted cleared

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the ladies, 21 Feb 2014
D. Thomson - See all my reviews
I love this fork as it is slightly lighter and more managable for me an older woman. Good quality, good handle length, good feel to the fork. Tines nicely spaced and well made. Happy to recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prongs not very sharp !, 8 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, 7 Nov 2013
Linz G (Nottinghamshire : England) - See all my reviews
Prompt delivery, well made, being 6"3' I do find the fork slightly too short (hence 4 instead of 5 stars) but that aside, it's a good purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars too heavy, 3 Mar 2013
Chose this fork because it was described as weighing less than 1kg - but it weights much more 1.65kg.
I could have got a much cheaper product from the likes of Tesco if I was prepared to have somethiung of that weight
It does the job, so have given it 3 stars, but would not recommend if you want lightweight

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun 2014
I would recommend this fork to any lady gardener who wants a smaller, lighter fork. This is brilliant and longer than my old one so I don't have to bend as much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 2 Jun 2014
Second time I used it, one of the forks sheared off. Very poor quality steel. I have tried to contact Amazon in order to get a replacement or refund, but they deliberately make this very difficult to do, so I've given up, which of coarse what they want you to do.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Draper Expert 19657 Stainless Steel Border Fork
26.71
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available