5.0 out of 5 stars Wow
Published on 22 Sep 2011 by Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 5 months
The spade had reasonable reviews and appeared sturdy when it arrived but in less than 6 months the rivet attaching the handle to the spade end has broken so it falls apart! It is now useless. The tesco spade we had before lasted 6 years! Very disappointing!
Published 9 months ago by Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 22 Sep 2011
Mike "Old Fool" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper Expert 19656 Stainless Steel Digging Spade (DIY & Tools)
Why did I struggle for years with a spade with a crack in the handle that regularly nipped my hand? I finally bit the bullet and bought this spade - "Stainless steel I thought, how posh what a waste!" Well I should have done it years ago, it's like driving a new car after having an old banger. I feel like one of those tele gardeners with this and yes stainless steel does make digging much easier than my old trusty rusty which by the way I have kept for hacking jobs (with duct tap round the split) waste not want not. But seriously, this is excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Digging Spade, 7 Mar 2012
R. Payne "Roger" (UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived quickly and was exactly what I ordered.
It is well made but lacks a shoe guard on the top of the blade.
If I had realised this before I ordered I would have chosen another make.
Thanks for the swift delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid build, digs holes, 23 May 2012
That's about all there is to say about it really. Decent weight, digs holes and is put together very well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless digging spade...., 19 May 2014
Paul Hanna (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Spade well made and sturdy. light enough for a light female to handle but strong enough to withstand some fairly arduous use. The only main fault with the spade is the lack foot rest lugs, when digging into heavy soil, even with heavy soled boots on, the blade is quite sore on the sole of the foot. They should reconsider this and perhaps weld a thin strip on to the top edge, something i'm considering doing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 5 months, 20 Mar 2014
Mary (Crete, Greece) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great spade, 22 Feb 2014
Good spade for the price paid have used several times now better than the more expensive spades great value spade

4.0 out of 5 stars present for a gardener, 4 Nov 2013
Bought it for a present for a gardener. he seemed to appreciate it I know he has been using it. Looked good quality

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good tool, 18 May 2013
Ian S. Lindsay (Norwich, Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this spade. Slices into the soil with ease and wipes clean after use. The handle grip is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jan 2013
Solid spade. Was easy to use. Stainless steel finish is lovely. No concerns about build quality. This was just as I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had been struggling along with my old garden spade without thinking of replacing it but I am so glad I did, 28 Nov 2014
Sometimes you see something that had not been looking for. I had been struggling along with my old garden spade without thinking of replacing it but I am so glad I did, this is amazing.