on 27 June 2008
I was wishing for the family to eat more vegetables and thought a helpful way would be through homemade soups. I chose this product because it had a 'clean' unfussy look to it. I liked the idea of the stainless steel piece. When I took it out of it's box it seemed bigger than I thought it would be, and little on the heavy side. It comes with a clear plastic beaker which also has a rubber lid which can be used as a non slip base by putting on the bottom of the beaker when blending in the beaker. It just stores standing in this beaker when you've finished. It works brilliantly it is effecient and powerful. It does have cord attached to it but I don't find that a problem. Just make sure that it is fully imersed in bottom of soup pan before switching on otherwise some soup may find it's way onto your jumper through the blenders bottom vents. It's super to clean, twist the base off run under the tap, job done. I would have given it five stars but for one thing, if you have small hands or arthiritus I wouldn't recommend because the top part where you hold and switch on is too large for small or weak hands. When you press the on switch it only stays on whilst you are holding it in which is good for safety. It has 2 switches for 2 different speeds and is approx. 13 1/2" long. I have used this product for alot of soups. It has a years guarantee. This one does not come with any extra attachments. I am very pleased with the performance of this blender.
11 comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2008
I bought this item yesterday because it was half price in Tesco's, and I fancied making soup without having to cool and tip into the blender....always a messy business. I used it to blend a large pan of soup last night and for creaming potatoes lunch time today. For the soup I merely placed the head of the blender on the bottom of the pan and in no time at all the soup was beautifully blended. For the mash I stabbed the blender round the pan, not much more than half a dozen stabs altogether, and the potatoes were so creamy and delicious. The metal shaft was not affected by the heat, although the instructions advised cooling food a little before use. Afterwards I rinsed the head and stem under the tap.

The last reviewer marked the blender down a star because it needs fairly strong hands in use, but although I have a problem with my thumbs, I was able to use my fingers and as it worked so quickly I didn't find it a big problem; it was certainly easier than struggling with a masher. It stands in it's own beaker for storage. So far, I am really pleased with my purchase.
on 29 March 2009
My old Braun hand blender finally packed up and by consulting the Which magazine I chose the Kenwood Wizzard HB615 Pro Hand Blender, 2 Speed, 400W to replace it. A very good choice. Good looking, easy to handle (if a little heavy for my old hands)it does a first class job. I would recommend this one to anybody seeking a new stick hand blender.
on 15 March 2009
Blends well and the beaker is useful - but twisting / unscrewing the blade from the motor unit (in order to clean it) has led to the blade coming loose, which is annoying. A friend has a different model of hand blender which has a push button to release the lower half and that seems a much less laborious and more robust way of achieving the same thing.
on 30 April 2009
The Kenwood Wizzard Pro is excellent for making soups and sauces. My housemate also has a Kenwood Wizzard but not the 'pro' version (the only difference is the metal or plastic head) and the plastic stains badly, it is permanently orange due to our penchant for carrot and corriander soup. A MUST HAVE in any kitchen!
on 2 July 2010
I needed a repacement for a Braun hand blender that was second hand in 1985. A hard act to follow indeed. I read the reviews and decided on this one, because it was no frills.
Wonderful, so easy to clean, the bottom half of the blender comes off and can even be put in the dishwasher.( I just wash it under the tap, as it is in use so often).
Nothing more to say except, good engineering, excellent design. does all it is supposed to without faff and fuss.
on 5 January 2010
Brlliant product, used my son-in-law's ancient Braun hand blender while on a visit and decided it was so useful for making soup without having to get out the liquidiser that I went to look for one for mself.
This Kenwood version is so much cheaper and does a fantastic job, I can't think how I have managed all those years without one.
on 23 December 2010
We bought this last year and its performance confirms all the reviews. However whilst preparing the icing for a cake it just stopped. I suspect that beneath the robust case there is a not very robust motor. A big disappointment.
on 29 July 2010
We love this blender because it's so sturdy. It's quite heavy to hold but does a heavy duty job. This was a replacement for an identical blender we'd bought previously as part of a set that came with a measuring beaker and mini-food processor. The motor went on the previous one after several months of abuse - we use it every day to do baby food and you need to have enough liquid in that the blade doesn't jam on the hard meat! (So I'd say it was probably our fault it went). We were pleased enough with it to buy the same one again.
on 25 June 2009
I use my Kenwood Wizzard HB615 Pro Hand Blender every day,it is so easy to use and does the job in seconds,I wouldn't want to use any other blender as I have found that Kenwood is by far the best value and best product on the market.

See one answered question