Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£13.09+ £1.26 shipping

on 1 September 2004
O-Zone's single "Dragostea din tei" was released in Romania 1 year ago and was a smashing hit. But maybe you don't know that their first success was "Despre tine". They are about to release it this autumn in Europe. It's going to be #1, I can guarantee (it broke the tops in Romania 2 years ago). And "De ce plang chitarele" it's going to follow (this one was released this year in Romania, but it will boom later in Europe). So you're gonne hear more from this band. Europe, get ready for Romania!
on 19 July 2004
I am so upset with Americans and their refusal of all things "foreign" - I reside in new york city and yet only this week heard this song, only because I happened to be listening to the Welsh Top 40 on BBC Radio online whilst slaving away at my office at 12 midnight. Bright, lovely, catchy, optimistic tune!
on 23 June 2004
This is the 1st cd-single I've bought in 7 years.Why?Because it is one of those songs that makes you feel happy and you can't help humming along to.An awesome pop record.
Altogether now....."Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma,nu ma iei,nu ma,nu ma iei,nu ma,nu ma nu mai iei....."!
on 8 September 2004
Now be honest who went on holiday and could not stop listening to this? - its just the best tune to get ready to!
Very catch and really addictive..... so much so that Im trying to find the album from these Romanians. Its proving hard as there is a battle over the rights of this song at present (its actually a love song according to translations of lyrics!)
Hallo, Slaut.........no ma noma naiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
on 5 May 2004
Yes this is cheesy Euro pop but how many of us will still be humming the tune and singing along with it when it is played. i reckon the majority. everyone trashes chessy songs like this but people should see it for what it is... just a song... something to lighten the mood and to sing along to. wheres the harm people!
Pop lover and proud!
on 22 May 2004
I first heard this song in Spain and have loved it ever since. It has been a big hit all over Europe and I am sure will do just as well in the UK even though you can't understand what on earth they are singing about. The band are unexpectedly from Romania a country not known for producing strong Euro pop beats however, this is a very catchy tune that must be a top ten hit in the waiting at least.
on 20 July 2014
Vibrant, delightful, cheeky, 'Dragostea DinTei' is always a pleasure to listen to. It is really the crisp, clear quality of the vocals that makes this track, while the background beat is also compelling. I thoroughly enjoy the graphics, which again show the crisp new quality that rocketed this production to fame out of nowhere.
I have an issue with the online translations of this song, however, which I would like to air. Perhaps someone who takes pride in the Romanian language would care to comment? Since 'Dragosteia Din Tei' is sung in Romanian, I was interested to read the lyrics in English translation. Imagine my astonishment when I found that there are several English versions, each with a vastly different meaning from the others! How can one Romanian word, such as 'duc' (as in 'haiduc') mean both 'Duke' and 'outlaw' at the same time?! I think the translators have done a weak job and it is a pity.