5.0 out of 5 stars Great player, great value
This is a great little player. Well made, tough, compact, light and with plenty of features. It has a graphics equaliser, with a few presets or you can set it to your own preference, it can shuffle tracks and folders, repeat play, etc.
The display on the player is a decent size and easy to read. Proper track names are supported, which is always better than just...
Published on 18 Jan. 2005 by CJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice while it lasted
Published on 29 Oct. 2005 by ckelleher23

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy little device, 23 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
This is a very useful little piece of kit that not only lets you listen to MP3's and WMA's (which iPod can't handle), it also pumps out some powerful sound when the graphic equaliser is judiciously used, and lets you save a substantial amount of data - great if you're perpetually transferring files from your work laptop to your home desktop. Very light and almost unnoticeable when you're carrying it, very durable and with a neat little high-resolution blue screen.
My only complaints were the supplied earphones, and the battery life of 8-10 hours being a little short in my opinion. However, earphones are easily replaced and so are economical AAA batteries.
As a note, the online customer support is excellent; I had a problem with the low volume due to an automatic volume restricter, that was soon resolved with a firmware update easily available from Creative's comprehensive website.
+'s
1. Lightweight device yet powerful sound
2. Multiple uses
3. Inexpensive
4. No silly white cables!
-'s
1. Uncomfortable and flimsy supplied headphones
2. Battery life isn't great
3. USB file transfer can be slow, but this problem exists with all players
4. Shape means that it may not fit properly in USB sockets on tiny laptops
Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice while it lasted, 29 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I agree that this is a nice little mp3 player for it's price...as long as it works. Unfortunately, however, a long lifespan does not seem to have been a priority of the manufacturers. I ordered two this Spring, for me and my girlfriend, and they worked fine at the beginning (nice sound and display, easy to handle). Mine broke first, after about three months. I didn't drop it or anything, it just simply stopped working, with the by now somewhat infamous 'file system error' message being displayed.
I discovered that the Creative website is full of people who have the same problems, and it seems that the technical advice they give, reformatting and so on, doesn't work for most people.
Now, after about six months, my girlfriend's muvo broke in exactly the same way, it just simply stopped working from one moment to the other.
We have since looked around in the net, and it seems that it is a very commen problems with the muvo. A word that is often used to describe it is 'disposable'. Next time i'll pay more for something that works for more that a few months!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 4 Nov. 2004
Mrs D C Dawes (Kefalonia, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I'm really impressed. I've had this for 3 days and keep listening to it. I read the reviews and replaced the earphones immediately - but the player itself is fantastic. The sound quality is great and the menus are really easy to use.
All in all, a great little player - well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!, 9 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I was bought this as a birthday present and havent been able to put it down since! Its very easy to load songs onto and a joy to listen to. It very compact, handy and light - I have used it out running and at the gym and you almost start wondering where the music is coming from!
I am not normally into gadgets but this has really won me over-go buy one - or like me get someone else to!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very user friendly, 7 Aug. 2004
Al Green (Charlottenlund Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
After looking for a good flexible mp3 player I think I have finally found it. Easy to use, great to run with,(the arm band is very secure) and the battery life has been excellent. It holds a large amount of songs with no compression and the software is easy to use to rotate your song list. All in all for something this small it has alot to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little buy, 25 July 2004
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
i got the creative muvo mp3 player as a present for good exam results and i was absoulutly thrilled with it. Firstly, this mp3 player is not for all of your albums is for a selection of your favourite songs. If you want something bigger go for an ipod or a jukebox, however this does its job perfectly. The installation cd took seconds to install and within 5 minutes of getting the player i was downloading songs onto it. Truely great player

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Thing in a Small Package, 4 May 2004
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
It’s tiny. It plays MP3s. It plugs directly in to USB ports, with USB2.0 support. It’s truly awesome!
My major qualm is that it only comes with 256Mb - a 512Mb version is rumoured, but you get what you pay for so this doesn't really register as a complaint.
The size is my favourite aspect - I can clip it on to that tiny pocket on my trousers that I never had a use for before, and tuck my headphones away in the same pocket if I'm not using them. I hardly even notice its there.
The buttons are easy enough to use that I can press them through even a thick cotton jumper.
It would have been nice to have track time remaining info, but this would merely have been a nice extra.
It comes with a nice protective case, which is very useful as it also has a belt clip.
I've not used the supplied headphones, but they apparently are better quality than those supplied with the NX.
I'm sure there's other stuff I could say, but these are the main things, in my opinion. I'm delighted with my purchase - song transfer is quick and easy, sound quality is awesome, it’s very easy to use, and certainly loud enough for me. Build quality is top-notch, too. Highly reccomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Muvo 256mb review., 26 Sept. 2004
Mart P (Kendal, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
This is the first mp3 player I have owned and I would recommend one to anybody who, like me, just wants something to use on the go and as a replacement for the old walkman I have been using up to now. The one major advantage is that it seems to be totally jog-proof, which some CD walkman claim to be but are not. This I presume is due to the lack of any internal moving parts, so it's very useful down the gym or jogging around town. Also it comes with an armband, which keeps it steady and in view at all times, and it's incredibly light and won't hinder you in any way. I think there may be some contention over how many tracks it stores, depending on whether you download mp3 or wma, but I have 75 on mine and I haven't stopped yet. If it's a replacement for a walkman your after, then get one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat and it's all you need, 17 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I have had mine for a couple of months and I'm very pleased with it. It's very small and light and comes with a handy belt clip or arm band for the joggers. The sound quality and volume is excellent although not with the supplied headphones which are very poor - shame on Creative. I replaced mine with some Sony ones and that vastly improved things.
A few quibbles - the shuffle repeat doesn't work properly. Once it's shuffled through the tracks once, it goes around again in alphabetical order. There's no support for playlists and the artist is not displayed on the screen expect briefly when the track first starts, after which it reverts to just track title.
Despite these minor faults, it is an excellent device and I am very pleased with it. For quite a while I was undecided between this and a hard-disk based device (such as the i-Pod). The price difference persauded me and now I think it's a much better option. You still get 50 tracks on it which will keep you going between PC-stops for track refills (which happen quickly on USB 2) and it's much lighter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 3 Sept. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Really simple to use, pretty good sound and a really secure jogging armband.
Would be 5 stars if creative hadn't decided to skimp on the headphones and ship possibly the most uncomfortable pair I'd ever come across.

Creative MuVo TX 256MB MP3 Player