5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Fans of Comedy
The most outstanding comedy event of 2001 in aid of a most worthy cause Amnesty International!
Published on 2 Dec 2001 by hayley.raffill@lineone.net

3.0 out of 5 stars Edited by a maniac with hedge trimmers
Published on 22 Sep 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Edited by a maniac with hedge trimmers, 22 Sep 2005
By A Customer
Should have been brilliant - cast list can't be faulted. Eddie Izzard was excellent as expected. Sadly the editing is awful. Acts cut short and intersperced by intermnable shots of boring people holding birthday cakes. Also unlike previous Amnesty shows this one has descriptons of Amnesy's work intermixed with the acts. Now amnesty does a good job and it's a good idea to tell us a about it - trouble is I don't want to see this worthiness every time I watch the DVD - I want to have a laugh with my beer. Would have been much better to do a seperate documentary on Amnesty and put this on the DVD - it would have shown both Amnesty's work and the comedy better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Fans of Comedy, 2 Dec 2001
This video has to be the first to bring together Eddie Izzard, Alan Rickman, Vic Reeves and Harry Enfield in a revisit of the excellent sketch 'Four Yorkshiremen'!!! The best of British comedy from the cast of Goodness Gracious Me with their infamous sketch 'Going for an English' to Jonathan Ross and Dom Jolly performing their version of 'Stars in Their Eyes'.
Not just a comedy fest as there is fab music from the Jones (Kelly and Tom!) as well as Badly Drawn Boy.
Eddie Izzard who has taken on the role of host from John Cleese who hosted 'The Secret Policeman's Ball' is superb and Eddie fans will recognise most of the material. Not to be missed is Phil Jupitus taking off Eddie, which is completely spot on!
There really is so much more but I won't ruin all the surprises!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars laughed my head off, 21 April 2003
First, let me just qualify this score by saying that I wwent to this gig and I have NEVER laughed so hard, for so long, in my entire life. This was an amazing gig - it's just a pity that they couldn't have got more of it onto this DVD.
The top performers include Harry Hill - an excellent stand-up set completely unlike some of his tedious TV shows, Phill Jupitus and the piece de resistance, the amazing re-working of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch featuring Harry Enfiled, Eddie Izzard, Vic Reeves and Alan Rickman (that well-know comedian - not???!!). This sketch is so funny that, in spite of the performers cracking up themselves, I nearly died laughing.
On the down side, Eddie Izzard's set, comprised mostly of stuff I'd seen in other shows, is a little half-hearted - partly because as the show's presenter, he is mostly used as a link-man and never really gets the chance to get into his exceptionally funny stride. Richard Blackwood is another of the acts I was less impressed with on the night, but this is perhaps my sense of humour more than his performance.
The music sets are good from Stereophonics, the superb Badly Drawn Boy and the timeless Tom Jones, and be sure to watch the 'Uncut' section which is part of the DVD highlights.
Overall I would heartily recommend this to anybody who likes to laugh - i.e. everyone! It's a showpiece of some of the best comedy Britain has to offer, and I think there is definitely something for everyone. It'd make an ideal gift for a friend, family member or even just to treat yourself to. The one caution I would take is that there is some extremely bad language on show here (hence the '18' certificate), so don't buy it for Granny if she's likely to be offended by a few four-letter words. But apart from that, just buy it; you won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good show, bad editing!, 14 Nov 2003
Mark Sherfield (Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was lucky enough to go to Wembely and see the whole of this gig live for myself. It was one of the best nights I have ever had, a very funny show and well worth the money.
How disappointed I was then, when I bought the video, to find that most of the best bits were not there! Whoever put edited this should be shot as far as I am concerned. Why on earth did they try to condence 3 and a half hours worth of comedy and music into under 90mins?
Having said that, there are some very funny parts on here. It was nice to see Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse back together for the night. The Four Yorkshireman sketch was a blast as well, if a little improvised in parts. So dont let this review put you off at all. Im only giving this 3 stars as I know how much they missed off, which ruins it for me. The actual night I would give 5 stars though!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great show, very funny, and all for a good cause, 27 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This DVD is entertaining all round, with good stand-ups such as Phill Jupitus, Harry Hill and Eddie Izzard (who had me laughing, even though he is not one of my favourites), and other styles of comedy offered by the likes of Harry Enfield (again, not one of my favourites, but I found him amusing on this) and Dom Joly from Trigger Happy TV. The music is good, not my type of thing, but great if you are a fan of the acts, which include Badly Drawn Boy and The Stereophonics. It may sound like I only found this DVD okay, but I truly did enjoy it very much. The atmosphere brings it together, and if you are a fan of stand-up like myself, you will relish this DVD. My only real niggle is that all of the comedians acts are filtered down to about 5-10 minutes maximum, which means you only get a taster of what their full routine is like. The extras are good aswell, with backstage chat and photo galleries. Definitely a worthwhile DVD, which made me want to check out some of the acts which were less familiar to me. Plus it's all for Amnesty International, a very worthy cause. As I said before, one for the fans of stand-up, but entertaining for almost anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!!, 30 Jan 2002
By A Customer
So much talent on the comedy roster, this proved to be a great program showing the great aspects of British Comedy. Oh how wrong we were! Very very unfunny, nothing really gels on this! All the stars i was looking forward to see used old material which wasn't that funny and just looked as if they couldn't be bothered.Phil jupirtus, harry hill and eddie izzard i admire and enjoy there comedy, however they were bitterly disapointing. These people are very funny, you are best buying there solo gigs rather than wasting your money on this. The only laugh is at the end of the program when you think 'that must have been a joke!', but it wasn't, this was supposed to be british comedy at it's best. The sad fact is, it could have been great. Avoid!

We Know Where You Live (2004) (Ws) [DVD] [2001] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]