InterDesign, Interdesign, Powerlock Fog Free Mirror, Clear
Style Name: Fog Free MirrorChange
Price:£6.54+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon 19 October 2009
At the price this was more expensive than the other shower caddies but I ended up getting this because my wire one had been scratching the new tiles that my husband had put up (not good!) Of entirely plastic construction this seemed a safer bet.

It was easy to put up with no drilling into those precious tiles and seems to lock very securely. It says it is also easy to remove it, but I haven't as yet tried this. I have loaded it up with bottles of shampoo and shower gel and so far its still holding up.

My only gripe would be that the bottom part is taken up by notches for toothbrushes, when personally I would prefer another shelf as I use this in my shower and we don't use our toothbrushes there!

UPDATED - It has now fallen off 3 times. The first couple of times I was able to get it back on again but the third, I have given up, it just won't stick up and stay. My husband thought there was some type of coating on it which has now worn away. Sadly we are now back to the scratchy wire caddy. Very disappointed.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 April 2009
I bought this product about a month ago, as the previous suction-cup basket kept falling off every few weeks, and the process of getting it back on was a bit fiddly. I therefore decided to buy this.

First of all, the suction cups on this are really excellent, and the process of putting it on the wall is as simple as you can get (you do have to push hard to fix it the first time). This was the most important part for me. I needed to move it after first fixing it on the wall, and had to prise the suction cups off, they were holding so strongly. One month on, and it is holding strong, and I doubt it will ever fall off.

The plastic is a bit lightweight, but strong enough to hold lots of bottles of shampoo etc. The hooks on the bottom are handy too.

My only gripe, is that the bottom shelf is too close to the top shelf, so that you are limited as to what you can put on here, as a standard shower gel or shampoo bottle will not stand up. Hence four stars.

But it stays on the wall, and does a good job generally.

UPDATE: After 6 months, the shelves fell off the wall, although this was after a two week holiday, so the suckers possibly dried out too much. Unfortunately, as this is made of quite hard plastic, one of the shelves was damaged in teh fall, and has had to be super-glued together again. Therefore, you should check the fitting every three or four months. Otherwise, still a great product.
on 3 February 2009
It took 3 attemps to put it on my shower enclosure glass panels ( do not try on mosaic tiles, suction pads won't stick) and it has stayed up for more than a week. But I suggest do not try to put heavy bottles of shammpoo, it won't hold them
on 20 July 2011
This product was as described. Reading other reviews suggested it was not fog free. Actually , it is. Note though, not to use alcohol based cleaners on it.
If it needs a clean. just use water and lightly dry it , to avoid losing the fog free film.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I found this product to be exactly what one needs for shaving in the shower, plenty of visibility, it is slightly magnified and measures over 6 " inches in height, so it is easy to see where you are placing your razor, does not fog over and the suction grip is very strong, I highly recommend this mirror for shaving in the shower
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I originally bought this product after a series of failed attempts to organise our bathing lotions and potions. I am really glad that I bought this as it has so far been absolutely brilliant. I have bought two and they hang proudly on our bathroom wall.
Thanks for a great product that works!

Diana
on 12 May 2009
I bought this because it wasn't possible to drill fittings into my new shower. I was worried that it might not stay stuck to the wall, especially when loaded with things, but it's turned out to be perfect. Holds an abundance of stuff and hasn't fallen down yet!
on 1 August 2012
This product does exactly what it's meant to do and it looks pretty good too. I was expecting some cheap looking 'chrome effect' piece of nonsense and wasn't entirely hopeful that it would remain stuck to the tiles in the shower, but was pleasantly surprised.
The suction cap is pretty robust and it hasn't yet fallen off the tiles some considerable time after buying it!
I bought another one a while ago for my wife and found when it arrived that the suction cap had been slightly bent when it had been put in the envelope resulting in a wee kink in the rubber. This meant that it did not properly stick to the tile as air was getting under the cap.
I resolved it by putting the whole thing in a mug of nearly boiling water and leaving it to steep for a few minutes. Doing so relaxed the rubber and it went back to it proper shape and has been fine since!
on 9 January 2012
but definitely a poor permanent one and I really don't see why people are trying to use it in this way.

I have been using this, the soap dish and toothbrush holder for 7 years now as I have been forced to rent due to my job. As most renters will know landlords consider things like shower fittings a luxury and therefore do not provide them. And this is where these products come in.

Being a basic need for anyone with a shower not having them is an inconvenience and one that cannot be met from a permanent one as you don't own the wall to fix them to. Trying a number of brands I found this one quickly and have been happy with it ever since.

The suckers can be tricky to get to stick and the surface has to be clean to start with, also needing to be regularly cleaned to make sure the tray doesn't fall off but by then it is usually too late.

Which is the greatest weakness of this product that eventually they do fall off and eventually this will cause them to break, be it the first time or in the end. This happens with any product that uses suction to hold up weight and is the trade off that you make for their put anywhere use.

If you rent I can't recommend them highly enough, they do what you need with few other solutions matching them, but they are irritating and will eventually need replacing yet the best product that I consider you can get.

If you own, I have no idea why you would use them and if you are not comfortable fitting a permanent one pay someone to do it and accept that there will eventually be some rust and this solution isn't going to be of any great long-term use.

When I eventually get my mythical house I certainly will not be considering them for use and never would again while I own the walls. Until then, I wouldn't be without them.
on 28 October 2009
was delivered very quick just the right size for our shower very functional my tiles were slightly textured so all i did was smear some silicone sealant onto the inside edge of the suckers and fastened as instructed job done.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See one answered question