Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£1.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 May 2004
Although this song will probably do little to convert the sneering cynics, there will be no doubt amongst Avril's fans that she's come back as good as - if not better than - ever, with an impressive new single. Falling somewhere in-between "Complicated" and "Sk8er Boi" - but with a more insistent chorus than either of those two hits - "Don't Tell Me" is a near-perfect rock-pop song, with bombast and sentiment in all the right places.
The only downside is the lyrics, which although they're far from terrible - are peppered with occasional cringe-worthy couplets, i.e. "You held my hand and walked me home, I know/
Why you gave me the kiss/ It was something like this/ It made me go oh oh".
Also on the single is a live acoustic version (also, confusingly, on CD1), on which Avril's live vocals are far more impressive than ever before. It could certainly silence any critics who swipe at her ability to pull off live performances. Then there's "Take Me Away", which I have to admit surprised the me; it's far heavier than any previous song of hers. Only heavy in an innocent, Linkin Park/Rasmus mould, but still a notable new sound.
This CD bodes well for an eclectic, fantastic new album, and will keep the fans appetite's sated whilst waiting for it's imminent release.
on 10 May 2004
Avril Lavigne fans worldwide havbe been in a state of nervous anticipation over the new album but if the two tracks here are anything to go by our worries are over.
Don't tell me may be the single but i fell it's overshadowed by 'take me away' a song in the same vein as 'Losing Grip'. Deserves a high chart position. by the 4 track single not the two track so that you get both songs. roll on may 24th
on 1 May 2004
Dont tell me is the new single from Avril's New album under my skin which is due out 25th of may! this single is different from complicated written by avril and guitarist evan before complicated it is catchy and has some powerful lyrics like"wont get you in my pants ill have to kick your a$$ and make you never forget" if you like rock/pop stuff then you'll like this if you dont already like avril lavigne then maybe you should get this you never know you might change your mind this is a good song hope her new album is just as good, so to all you avril fans and new avril fans i think you should get this and maybe get her new album!!! Avril Rocks!!!!
on 17 May 2013
This is a very nice item to have :) It includes Don't Tell Me (Album version) and Don't Tell Me Acoustic. I personally love this song!
on 1 May 2004
Avril's work has been a bit, how do you say, horrible in the past. For example, when she released 'I'm with you' we had all heard it before. However, 'Don't Tell Me' is an amazing mix of catchy beats and infectious lyrics that will have you singing all day long!
on 25 April 2004
New Single
Listened to for a while on T.V. Radio and BBC Radio 1's OneBig Weekend, thsi is a new, and stunning track, from the great thatbrought us Sk8er Boi, Complicated and I'm With You
I suggest you getit
Avril does some greta nd stunning B-Sides, so expect them to beexcellent