5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio
If you want a small, reliable radio with good battery life then this is certainly worth a purchase. Have not had any frequency shift (like you get with cheap and nasty made in the ROC). Would definitely recommend this item :)
Published on 9 July 2010 by DV - P2S

3.0 out of 5 stars OK General Listening - Not Great for Headphones
This radio is not up to the usual Sony standards. It looks and feels like a cheap generic radio.
Small enough to fit into a trouser pocket.
Sound quality from the built in speaker is fine, and quite loud given the diminutive size.
The issues are:
Published 11 months ago by Robert Groom

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy pocket radio, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker (Electronics)
I bought this to replace a similar ancient one that is now too decrepit.

The only fault I can mention is the sound which is really quite tinny coming from the tiny speaker. I've not tried headphones yet. The volume and tuning controls work smoothly. The radio is compact and lightweight and ideal for travel which is the main reason I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality pocket radio with clear reception, 24 Mar. 2013
Mart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I've had the previous model of this excellent little pocket radio for at least 5 years, and it's still working perfectly despite being dropped, left on all day, and left out in the rain and sun. This is the ICF-S10 Mk2 and is just as reliable and durable.

It's compact, pocket size approx 12 x 7 x 3cm and gives a clear sound quality from the built in speaker. Controls are just the essentials -analogue FM and AM switch, tuning, volume, and a 45cm retractable sturdy telescopic aerial. There's a useful red tuning light to show when a station is tuned in for best reception, and a 3.5mm earphone jack. Batteries are 2AA and last ages.

Reception is very reliable, with no wandering off the station, and sound quality for a radio of this size is excellent - clear and detailed sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars sonny radio, 22 Aug. 2011
the radio on my Aiwa packed up and I wanted a replacement,.The Sony Radio fitted the bill and was cheaper [including the postage] than my local retail park.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony ICF-S10MK2 pocket radio, 21 Mar. 2013
I agree with other reviewers - it is good value for money - easy to carry around and the battery seems to last and last. BABS

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pocket Radio, 23 Mar. 2013
Needed a radio that i could carry with me and not take up much room in my already overfull rucksack, read the reviews and this seemed like the one to buy. after 3 months of use i cannot fault this radio.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK General Listening - Not Great for Headphones, 17 Jun. 2014
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Small enough to fit into a trouser pocket.
The issues are:
1. The tuning dial is really sensitive and not recessed - it's easy to move by mistake when transporting it, especially in your pocket.
2. The volume control is hugely sensitive when used with headphones. It goes from nothing to deafening in a tiny turn of the dial.
3. The headphone jack is mono - that means in order to use it with stereo phones you're going to need a 3.5mm mono to stereo adapter in order to have sound to both ears. Of course it still won't be in true stereo though.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little trannie, 1 Feb. 2015
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
For the past three years I have been listening to a radio which, after you have been listening to it for a few minutes, would lose the signal and consequently I would end up listening to a series of crackles rather than my chosen radio station. This was okay when I could actually retune it, but when I was in middle having a bath or taking a shower it was a real pain in the neck. Because of this I was almost pleased when it finally stopped working together, as I am much too frugal to replace a radio that actually worked even though it wasn't doing its job properly. I have no such problems with its replacement, the Sony Pocket size portable though. I have had it for a fortnight now and I am already convinced that I have purchased a very good little radio.

It is a small radio that, in order to give an idea of the size, would, as the name suggests, comfortably fit into the average jacket pocket. It comes in a silver/grey colour which I don't particularly care for (a small radio should always be black or possibly white) but nevertheless it looks quite cool, almost retro. For such a small radio the sound quality is more than acceptable with little distortion even when the volume is high. The sound, by the way, can be surprisingly loud when the volume is at its highest setting. The radio picks up a good number of stations in both AM and FM without the aerial being extended; with the aerial extended though many more stations can be picked up, many from overseas. Searching for these overseas stations is a particular pleasure of mine when, late at night, I cannot get to sleep. I was a little surprised to find that a earpiece was not included with the radio as I thought this was standard but this is not much of problem as they can be purchased extremely cheaply from Amazon or even in many high street shops; please note though that sound will only issue from one earpiece if using a pair.

I love transistor radios (do people still call them that?) and from a early age have always owned one. Through the years I must have had at least a dozen and this Sony model is one of the better ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars pocket size radio, 21 Aug. 2013
this radio is very good, has a good sound quality for a small radio,but my only complaint is that is is far too big to go in any pocket that I posess

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Companion, 14 Feb. 2013
The delivery was excellent arriving days before expected. I had a Sony radio previously for over ten years and it finally stopped working every day. Having read the reviews to help me choose, this one was highly rated and I totally agree.
It is very nice to look at, good to listen to and a real good replacement for my old reliable Sony radio.
Would recommend this to anyone who likes to listen to a radio in bed, in the bath or just about the home and garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than the Sony ICF-S22, 30 Dec. 2011
I've had my ICFS10MK2 for over 4-5 years during which time its given me endless hours of reliable service.

Its lately started having issues with the speakers and tuning however I suspect this is more my own fault for using it while in the shower and letting moisture get into the contacts. This has only developed over the last 3-6 months.

Its a couple pounds dearer than the Sony's other compact radio, the ICF-S22. I would recommend this one over its stablemate as its a good deal more compact.

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›