5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I wanted
Published 20 months ago by Emma Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a waterproof watch
Published on 18 May 2012 by jillbb

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a waterproof watch, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Timex Ironman T59201 Sleek Triathlon 50 Lap Watch Midsize (Watch)
I am currently on my 5th version of this watch. it keeps letting in water (no i don't press any of the buttons when swimming) and Timex then send out another. The 5th one just died. The only thing I can think of is that they are not tested in COLD water. There is a warning not to use them in hot tubs etc (I don't) but perhaps the waters around the UK coast are just too cold for them!

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked and stopped working after 3 swims!, 31 July 2012
I was initially very pleased with this watch. I wanted a simple, small, comfortable and unobtrusive watch and this seemed to tick all the boxes.

Only problem is that it has only lasted 5 weeks!

On a recent swim the display began to fade, at first I assumed it was the battery dying. The screen went blank after an hour and I took it off put it in the box to deal with latter. Read the waranty to see about getting the battery replaced, but found out that it is not covered by the warranty but than it doesn't seem like much is: "IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DEFECTS OR DAMAGES TO YOUR WATCH: lens/crystal, strap or band, watch case, attachments or battery".

Anyway it turns out that it wasn't the battery as inside the screen appears to obviously have moisture in it and the LCD display is not looking too healthy. So it would seem pretty obvious that it has leaked.

Other interesting things from the small print on the warranty are:

"WARNING: TO MAINTAIN WATER-RESISTANCE, DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS UNDER WATER."

So I would suspect this leaked because I was using the lap counter functionality and pushed the big start/split button while swimming. Frankly if you are not supposed to use these functions while in water than I don't really see the point of this watch. At all!

PS - Only gave this one star as you don't seem to be able to submit reviews of 0 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I wanted, 10 May 2013
Emma Smith "book bunny" (Bromsgrove, England) - See all my reviews
I always buy this brand of watch and this one doesn't disappoint. Though the face is smaller than I usually buy, it does everything that I want it to do. The last Ironman I bought had a face you could tap to start and stop the chronograph but I found this was useless in a swimming pool as the water lapping against it would randomly stop the time! I much prefer this 'older' version. I also love the 3 alarms...great when I want a staggered wake up!

Timex Ironman T59201 Sleek Triathlon 50 Lap Watch Midsize
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available