5.0 out of 5 stars Great blues rock
I will admit I bought this because I'd heard Bad to the Bone in Terminator 2, and wanted to know if it was as good as it sounded. I must say I'm really impressed. The tracks are a good variety, with some lives ones thrown in for good measure. Quite a few covers, which isn't a bad thing, as these are obviously tracks they enjoy playing, so sound great...
Published on 29 Nov 2005 by Matthew Vose

3.0 out of 5 stars Some I Like and Some I Don't
I like to upload from CDs and not download from the Internet so I ordered this album as It had the few George Thorogood tracks that I like in one place. A lot of the tracks were OK but not what I would want to listen to all the time and that is why it gets 3 stars. For a true blue GT lover it is probably a great album .
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by Paul housego

4.0 out of 5 stars TURN UP THE VOLUME !!!, 12 April 2014
asiana88 (ARDROSSAN, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I do quite a bit of long distance driving - George always perks me up when I start to flag a bit.
My most played tracks are 'Bad to the Bone' & ' Move it on Over' - loud !!
I guarantee these tracks will have you wide awake in no time.
I think it's a good collection of get down and dirty rock - great guitar work.
This is the only George Thorogood CD I have & I can recommend it - if only for the 2 tracks mentioned, although there are some other really good tracks on this collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning collection of blues/rock tunes performed with passion and attitude., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Being a bit of a metal head and riff-orientated rock fan, I've slowly branched out to the roots of those genres and have gotten quite fond of the blues. I recently came across George Thorogood and the Destroyers randomly on YouTube and decided to give them a go, as I fancied a bit of a change.
The sound of the album is probably best described as blues/rock with lots of guitar, occasionally snarly vocals and some wind instrument section accompanying the band. George's voice is one of rock's greatest unknown treasures and is at times as snarly as Mark Lanegan and sounds like he smokes 40 red Marlboros a day - and it fits the music perfectly.
'Madison Blues' sets the tone for the rest of the album, a classic blues rhythm, a cathy chorus and some nice guitars.
'One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,' is the band's take on somewhat of a blues standard (originally performerd by Amos Milburn in the 50's but more famously covered by John Lee Hooker) and is fun, 8 minute epic about a man struggling to make ends meet, having enough and drowning his sorrows in liquor.
'Who Do You Love' has a familiar feel and rhythm to it and is very catchy.
MTV favourite 'Bad to the Bone,' is a bone-a fide classic, and is going to make any man feel as macho as Arnie after a listen!
'Gear Jammer' is a great, quick tempo rock guitar number with plenty of slide and is described by George Thorogood himself in the linear notes as 'the closest he's gotten to a heavy metal song.'
There's double-entendre's aplenty in the almost laughably titled 'Willie and the Hand Jive,' ...seriously!
'You Talk Too Much,' recalls a henpecked man listening to his motormouth girlfriend blabbing on and on - something we can all relate to no doubt!!!
If you're a rock or metal fan, new or unsure of the blues, this is a great place to start. The vocals are great, the rhythm section is solid and the guitar often takes centre stage along with some of the most filthy and not overly distorted guitar tones you're ever likely to hear. A brilliant Greatest Hits collection and one of the most solid, enjoyable and consistent I have ever come across.

4.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly good!, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
first time listening to lonesome george album and it's a great rockin vibe! will purchase more of him or similar bands.

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Years of Rock- the greatest hits, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Bought as a present for my husband, he says it is very good and he would recommend it to fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars George thorogood, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan of these lot and although a few hits are missing it is still worth the price for such pure class

5.0 out of 5 stars A great greatest hits, 8 Oct 2013
Ms. E. J. Baker "Elle" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Everyone has their favourites with artists who have been showing people how its done for a few decades, George and the boys are no exception. This is a good selection of great tracks. There are a couple omitted that are my own personal favourites but they were not the biggest hits and therefore as this is the best known hits they get the inclusion. Norhing on here is poor, they are all barnstormers and if you get the chance to see these guys live move mountains and go! Its a night to remember for a very long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real gutsy stuff, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Like all his music a reflection on life through a blues medium.
He was over here in the UK just recently and I missed him

5.0 out of 5 stars a rockin' good time, 6 Sep 2013
gary david merrin "GD merrin" (kelmscott perth western australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
great album for lovers of this genre of music regards gary merrin not a bad track in this collection top notch

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn it up and rock, 24 July 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Bought this after recently seeing George rock the joint with great music like this. Impossible not to find yourself rocking whenever you hear George doing his stuff....and love the humour in there, especially when George tells of when he was told to "get a hair cut and get a real job"-how sweet it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 31 May 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Thank you. Bought this album for me and a copy for my brother. Excellent purchase. Just what I've been looking for!

ARRAY(0xafa441a4)

30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits
30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits by George Thorogood & The Destroyers (Audio CD - 2004)