5.0 out of 5 stars Great blues rock
I will admit I bought this because I'd heard Bad to the Bone in Terminator 2, and wanted to know if it was as good as it sounded. I must say I'm really impressed. The tracks are a good variety, with some lives ones thrown in for good measure. Quite a few covers, which isn't a bad thing, as these are obviously tracks they enjoy playing, so sound great...
Published on 29 Nov. 2005 by Matthew Vose

3.0 out of 5 stars Some I Like and Some I Don't
I like to upload from CDs and not download from the Internet so I ordered this album as It had the few George Thorogood tracks that I like in one place. A lot of the tracks were OK but not what I would want to listen to all the time and that is why it gets 3 stars. For a true blue GT lover it is probably a great album .
Published on 29 Dec. 2011 by Paul housego

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blues rock, 29 Nov. 2005
Matthew Vose (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
There's a number of tracks here which will be in my playlist as a permanent feature I think. I've played this album to lots of different people, and everyone enjoys its simple sound and fun style.
Definite 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock. That's all there is to say., 22 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Low-down and dirty guitar-driven blues from a master of the art. I defy you to put this on your car stereo and not break the speed limit, particularly with numbers like "Who Do You Love" and "Talk Too Much" on offer. And rev yourself up for a night out with the slinky, rawly sexual classic "Bad To The Bone".
Turn it up. Drink it up. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It passes the Madison Blues test!, 3 Jan. 2007
Colin Banks (NW England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a whim as I have a great interest is R&B (old meaning),Dr Feelgood and Wilko Johnson, Pirates etc, and heard some of the clips on the Amazon site. It is a truly great record and makes you drive much faster. My son also like the rocking sound. Whenever he tells me he has a new song that he thinks I would like I always ask him if it passes the Madison Blues test. Invariably he has to admit it that it does not!! Our favourite is "One bourbon, one whiskey, one beer" which is really a short story in rock form and it really does rock with clever guitar work in between the narrative. George is my new best friend>

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroly Good!, 22 May 2008
Gary Austin (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I heard Bad to the Bone on the radio whilst driving in USA and just had to buy some George Thorogood. Hearing the song again for the first time years reminded me of George's fantastic set during Live Aid in 1986. When I put it on in the car I just wondered how I had got by all these years without owning this masterpiece. It's a great mix of rock a blues, like ZZTop with attitude! Buy it, enjoy it and play it loud!

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Great years, 2 Jun. 2010
Adrian Shaw - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
The best CD celebrating George Thorogood & The Destroyers! Everything you could want is here, from Madison Blues, Bad to the Bone (with those images of Arnie coursing through your mind), Get a Haircut and American Made. Every song a gem and worth transferring to your MP3 player so that you can play them all the time and everywhere. If you only get one CD of George Thorogood then get this!

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 Star Album......, 3 Oct. 2007
Saturnicus "Saturnicus" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Bought on a whim and boy am I glad I did. I had no idea that there was such a talent.
This album rocks from start to finish. I shall investigate these guys seriously.
Well worth buying if you like rocking blues.
Fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good, 21 Oct. 2011
J. Anthony (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
You can't beat George for thumping out great rock'n'roll. This album is just great with all his best and most famous classics wether they be covers or origional somgs. Put Gear Jammer up to 11 and watch small ornaments vibrate into oblivion and your Wife yell at you as you air guitar round the room. Better still wear a ten gallon hat and do it again this time with spurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning collection of blues/rock tunes performed with passion and attitude., 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Being a bit of a metal head and riff-orientated rock fan, I've slowly branched out to the roots of those genres and have gotten quite fond of the blues. I recently came across George Thorogood and the Destroyers randomly on YouTube and decided to give them a go, as I fancied a bit of a change.
The sound of the album is probably best described as blues/rock with lots of guitar, occasionally snarly vocals and some wind instrument section accompanying the band. George's voice is one of rock's greatest unknown treasures and is at times as snarly as Mark Lanegan and sounds like he smokes 40 red Marlboros a day - and it fits the music perfectly.
'Madison Blues' sets the tone for the rest of the album, a classic blues rhythm, a cathy chorus and some nice guitars.
'One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,' is the band's take on somewhat of a blues standard (originally performerd by Amos Milburn in the 50's but more famously covered by John Lee Hooker) and is fun, 8 minute epic about a man struggling to make ends meet, having enough and drowning his sorrows in liquor.
'Who Do You Love' has a familiar feel and rhythm to it and is very catchy.
MTV favourite 'Bad to the Bone,' is a bone-a fide classic, and is going to make any man feel as macho as Arnie after a listen!
'Gear Jammer' is a great, quick tempo rock guitar number with plenty of slide and is described by George Thorogood himself in the linear notes as 'the closest he's gotten to a heavy metal song.'
There's double-entendre's aplenty in the almost laughably titled 'Willie and the Hand Jive,' ...seriously!
'You Talk Too Much,' recalls a henpecked man listening to his motormouth girlfriend blabbing on and on - something we can all relate to no doubt!!!
If you're a rock or metal fan, new or unsure of the blues, this is a great place to start. The vocals are great, the rhythm section is solid and the guitar often takes centre stage along with some of the most filthy and not overly distorted guitar tones you're ever likely to hear. A brilliant Greatest Hits collection and one of the most solid, enjoyable and consistent I have ever come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Spanning 30 years (from 1977- 2004!?), this collection is a superb introduction to George Thorogood's brand of raw blues and rock & roll and also has a couple of treats in store for collectors. Compiled in chronological order, with release/chart details and track comments from G.T. himself in a neat booklet, from the opening bars of "Madison Blues" to the closing notes of "Who Do You Love?" (the second version here - a previously unreleased remix), this album rocks & rolls like a good un. Although there's little sign of progress between the years (just added sax and rhythm guitar) that isn't the point - George is keeping the spirit of this music alive and well.

Back in '77, an advert in Melody Maker for his début album had declared Thorogood "The best white blues guitarist since Clapton" - that was enough for me as a teenage blues fan - I bought it straight away and the first time I heard George Thorogood & The Destroyers was when the needle hit the groove and out blasted "You Got To Lose", raw and immediate - hard to believe the guy singing this was white - and the slide guitar on the album was immense. The Clapton comparison can be made easily enough with covers of "Willie And The Hand Jive" and "The Sky Is Crying" - Thorogood's rawer versions contrasting with Clapton's more laid-back interpretations (on 461 Ocean Boulevard and There's One In Every Crowd).

If music were meat, George's steak wouldn't get anywhere near a flame. If you like your blues raw, with a good helping of slide guitar, you won't be disappointed: George Thorogood is the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: 30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Has said before brilliant CD great music Rock and Roll is still alive on this CD,many people ask me who is this.

30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits
30 Years of Rock - The Greatest Hits by George Thorogood & The Destroyers (Audio CD - 2004)