5.0 out of 5 stars Moving
I've heard this single so much in the charts, it's really catchy. The first time I heard this I feel in love with it, it's such a moving song, it really makes you think. I would advise anyone to get this. It's a really great track, I think Mario Winans going to go far.
Published on 15 May 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up to the hype.
When I heard the Enya sample from the Fugees "Ready Or Not" at the start of this song I expected it to be something special. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting it to be the same song (it's not a rap song) but you've got to live up to certain expectations if you're going to use the same music as THE Fugees.
Anyway, this song is very dismal in comparison or not,...
Published on 12 Jun 2004 by mos-def

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up to the hype., 12 Jun 2004
This review is from: I Don't Wanna Know (Audio CD)
Anyway, this song is very dismal in comparison or not, Mario doesn't try to elevate or work with his vocals once. This is a pattern which also runs through his album but the production there saves him (he's produced for the likes of Busta Rhymes, Mary J. Blige & The Notorious B.I.G.). P. Diddy is also a setback for this track, again he is a fantastic producer but when it comes to rapping, well I think it would have benefited more from an MC like Q-Tip or Common, the average singer + average rapper equation doesn't work for it.
All in all the fact that this song is being rinsed on every music channel and radio station and being bumped in every vehicle in the country doesn't help it much, it just gets more and more annoying as you slowly analyse each of its weak points.
On a good note, the album "Hurt No More" has more than ten songs that I can listen to over and over (The Game, This Is The Thanks I Get). Mario Winans is a fantastic, fantastic producer and this covers for his average vocals, just a shame he couldn't make something of that fantastic sample and bring some attitude to this song. Buy the album, not the single; believe me, it's worth that extra eight pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 15 May 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Mario Winans is a true star!!!, 14 Jun 2004
This review is from: I Don't Wanna Know (Audio CD)
We have actually a brilliant and well thought of song here which will definetly go far.
When i heard this single on MTV my first reaction was naa, now after having heard his song numerous times it has drawn on me.
It is already number 1 in the UK charts alone for the second consequetive week and all of my friends and family have brought this single and his album 'hurt no more' as the lyrics are meaningful, the tunes are catchy, and we just can't switch it off!!!
Having saId all of this, GO AND RUSH TO THE SHOPS AND BUY THIS SINGLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Don'T Wanna Know (Pockit)
I Don'T Wanna Know (Pockit) by Mario Winans (Audio CD)