5.0 out of 5 stars Track by track breakdown
I gave an overall review of this album here on amazon. (Search for it if you will) But here's a breakdown of each individual track.
01: WHO I AM - A great opening to the album and the most autobiographical song on the record which sums up the reasoning behind her break up with her ex husband and how she felt in the relationship. It's a beautiful song with a great...
Published on 1 July 2004 by Random J

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure
I am an avid fan of Brandy, but wasn;t so sure about this album. It didnt grab me as much as her other works have done. My favourite album remains to be Never Say Never.
Published on 17 April 2012 by Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!!!!!!!!, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
An another amazing cd by Brandy!!!!! Her voice could melt butter!!!! There is a surprise for Coldplay fans, in "I Tried" and in "Should I Go". In "Should I Go", she takes the piano from "Clocks" and adds a beat and vocals and I love it!!!! This cd deals with many things that went on in her life recently including the end of her marriage. This cd is a very personal look at the new stronger Brandy. She can't seem to disappoint!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
Was looking to repurchase this album from having it years ago! Love it. It's really easy listening. Came quickly in great condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure, 17 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A musical high., 24 Jan 2012
C. Vaughan "Caterina" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
This is Brandy's best album. There is nothing more I can say. I'm not a die-hard fan (Full Moon was just OK). This album has depth and could crossover to other types of fans with it's musical direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot New Brandy!!, 2 July 2004
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of Brandy so of course I bought "AFRODISIAC" the day it came out. On first hearing the album i didn't know what to think because it is completely unlike Brandy. But I found that the next day I was desperate to hear it again. Now it's my favourite Brandy album ever. Brandy has usually written a hand full of songs on her past albums but she only writes one on this. that is "FINALLY" which is one of the best songs. On this album she leaves must of the writing to Timbaland with appearances by Warryn Campbell and Kanye West. Which is surprising as this is her most personal album to date, discussing her divorce and her questioning where she stands in the music industry. She doesn't have to worry if this album is anything to go by. Buy this and you really won't forget it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pure quality!, 7 July 2004
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
The wait is over! It's here and it's amazing. Afrodisiac is Brandy's best work to date. Let's not forget Full Moon though, with those futuristic, fresh and unique beats. I tried not to compare both albums as they are so different and special in their own ways. However, with the new album Timbaland has taken over from Rodney Jerkins -Darkchild productions. Like Rodney J, Tim's unique and innovative style is superb. You'll know that feeling when you love a particular track and you don't want it to end?... well that happens all over this album and when the instrumentals kick in!!...oh!! its great!! But Rodney J is missed, where were ya man?! After playing this album you'll realise that she is an artist that doesn't get enough recognition for her work, style and talent. Afrodisiac was well worth the wait and can be played from start to finish. Aaliyah would be proud! BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning, 22 July 2004
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
I did not know what to expect from this album, so a fantastic surprise overwhelmed my sceptism.
Brandy is all grown up, and this album to me, out of all her previous ones, defines her womanhood.
Her voice is distinctively her trademark and blends too well with Timberland's ingenuity
All but 1 track, I find extremely entertaining, especially on my 40min drive to work. My favorite is "Should I go". The lyrics touch me and I can't help but take my breathe in, with Brandy. I'm pleased it's not just another love song, but highlights the music industry today.
I hope Brandy gets all the props and credit she deserves!!
Well done Brandy!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brandy on the radio! Turn it up!, 30 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
Buzz single "Turn It Up" is a floorfiller with a ridicoulous beat and a crazy catch line. Listen to Timbaland's voice in the background with the bass line. Wicked!
Then her first single "Talk about Our Love" just beautiful and one of the best singles this summer.
That's two very good reasons to buy this album. And there's more where it came from.
Pairing Brandy's warm and mellow voice with the headspinning break beats of Timbaland is a match made in Heaven. It takes a skilled singer like Brandy to make a song like the self-reflecting "Should I Go" work and it takes a talented producer like Timbaland to be able to take the piano from Coldplay's "Clocks" and melt it with Brandy's vocals and his own beats and make it work.
However though this is one of Brandy's best albums, and perhaps one of the best r&b albums this summer, it is light years from Aaliyah's selftitled album from 2001 also produced by Timbaland. Though Brandy sings that she wants to represent her I doubt that that is what she's doing. This is not the artistically acclaimed style of Aaliyah, but rather a club-banging commercial album. An album that has potential to become a big hit rather than a work of art. But for what it really is, it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 14 July 2004
R. Walsh (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
What can be said? Brandy is a genius who comes out with consistently amazing singles and albums and is yet generally totally underrated. She should be winning the Grammy's not Beyonce but people seem to prefer tripe to quality.
One day Brandy will get the recognition she deserves.
This album is unbelievable quality. You will listen to it right through. There is ONE track out of 15 that I don't feel is very strong. The other FOURTEEN, are absolutely WOW!
GET THIS THIS INSTANT. YOU WILL WONDER HOW YOU LIVED WITHOUT IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars "..should i go, should i stay.." this is one talented lady.., 10 July 2004
Aime (Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afrodisiac (Audio CD)
Been listening to RnB for the past few years and a few tracks have had me high on goose bumbs and these are "You got me" by Avant, "Sweeter than sugar" by Joe, "I dont wanna hurt you" by Latif, "Didn't I" by Lathun and "What do i do?" by R. Kelly... and now Brandy has her new one "Should I go?" growing on me...For every lady with feelings and who are deeep in the genre of RnB, this is a must get album. I dont mind buying for each and everone of you out there (LOL). On a serious note...GET THE ALBUM..its lovely...

Afrodisiac
Afrodisiac by Brandy (Audio CD - 2004)