5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!
Published on 3 Oct 2005 by M. Petty

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, don't get what the fuss is about
I bought this CD mostly on the recommendation of other reviews and the beautiful, haunting Angelica (which is built around Debussy's Clair de Lune). There are a few other good tracks on here, but far too many are exactly the same - some singing over some electronic stuff on top of some over excited drum and bass drums (that's what we called them in my day, anyway)...
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by Chris Widgery

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 3 Oct 2005
This review is from: Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004 (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Lamb, was a couple of months ago when a friend of mine played me Gorecki (beautiful song!) I was so impressed with the song I ordered 'Best Kept Secrets' and it is the best purchase I've made in years. If you like the kind of alternative music, e.g. Massive Attack,Portishead etc then this album is for you. There's tracks that are slow, and a different kind of romantic. Then there's tracks that are a bit drum and base-like. There is everything on this album, it makes me cry, it makes me happy. This CD is the one I want played at my wedding, also my funeral. Not only are the songs themselves so amazing, but the lyrics are so simple yet beautiful you can't help but relate to most of the tracks. This album is more than amazing, I can't think of a word to best describe it...Buy it and see for yourself. I apologise now if its not your thing, but in my opinion its a beautiful, exciting album that makes you want to put it on repeat over and over again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 17 Jun 2004
Thomas White "fredley" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
Lamb really are in a class of their own, and they prove it with this fantastic album, taking you on an emotional journey from the dizzying rythmic vibes their first 2 'head albums', through the the heart wrenching vocals of their last 2 'heart albums'. This really is a must for your music collection. The DVD videos are superb, again showing Lamb's emotional transition.

5.0 out of 5 stars lamb greatest hits, 17 Nov 2006
This review is from: Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004 (Audio CD)
well what to say about this cd?

when i first got this cd i had only heard the song angelica before which i absolutely loved so much it made me buy the greatest hits.

when i first bought this album it took some listening to to get used to, but my god now it is one of my favourite cds, i can listen to this cd again and again. all the songs are so different in pace and melody, some songs been just in a state of pure idilic ecstacy while others have eclectic beats to rock youre socks off mostly having the very haunting vocals of the female singer, and ill tell you now her vocals are soomething else, very nice to listen to.

so without further ado get this cd!!! if you havent heard much of lamb before then this is the perfect starting point. this will make you want to buy everything lamb, but if you like this dont buy the remix cd (a few songs are good on it but not many)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have discovered ..., 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004 (Audio CD)
Saw this band at a festival in 2009 and they really stood out. Made a note that here was a band not just to download a couple of tracks, but to do it properly and get at least one CD. Couldn't beleive I'd not heard of them before. Every time I listen it's like I'm discovering something new, yet I'm transported back to a warm, relaxed summer festival evening. Great variety in their music so very hard to put into a genre. All too easy to compare to the likes of Portishead. Sure there are some similarities, but Lamb are FAR better. (Vocally think a little bit of Everything but the Girl). Gabriel is probably my favourite track but the whole album is completely absorbing. Go on - try it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfull, 5 Feb 2013
one of my prefer cd
full of masterpieces.I think it's enaugh for to understand the spirit of this duo.
raccomanded

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for the DVD, 21 Oct 2005
I sometimes feel that when an artist releases a "Best Of..." album, it tends to signify the end of their carreer. I hope this is not the case for Lamb because they clearly have more to offer. I purchased this purely for the DVD, I was curious to see what they looked like and what sort of videos they produced for those gorgeous tracks. I was not dissapointed, the videos are as strange and entertaining as the music may suggest. Ranging from the surreal to the sublime, the videos have the appearance of high production values and artistic merit to them. Very classy. As for the tracks... I've got them all on the other Lamb CD's but it's nice I suppose to have the "Best" ones all together on a single disc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, don't get what the fuss is about, 11 Jun 2011
Chris Widgery (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004 (Audio CD)

So I really, really don't know what the fuss is all about. I am doubtless missing something here, but try samples of everything before you buy. Angelica and Gorecki are not what most of this album is about

ARRAY(0xaa7122c4)

Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004
Best Kept Secrets 1996 - 2004 by lamb (Audio CD - 2004)