5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Great quality item, many thanks!
Published 20 hours ago by Richie2106

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair
Not much new in this film, and not a DVD I will keep on my shelf for very long. teens may enjoy it.
Published 2 months ago by Jacques van Heerden

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair, 16 Jun 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad jokes is where I draw the line..., 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Police Academy, No. 6: City Under Siege [DVD] (DVD)
A gang is terrorising citizens by robbing stores in the Wilson Heights district of town.

Since a leak in the department is suspected, the Governor has chosen the officers from the police academy along with Captain Harris and Lt. Proctor to catch the criminals using old fashioned police work.

When Commandant Lassard is indicted, the officers must bring the gang and Mr. Big to justice to clear his name....

What grabs me so much about this movie is how much it reminds me, especially in the last twenty minutes or so of Tim Burtons Batman.

Not plot wise, but just the feel of the whole thing. Maybe it's because it was released around the same time as that movie, or Burton had a spare set going.

Other than that, watching this movie through rose tinted glasses doesn't do the film any good. The first time I saw this film, I was 12, and I liked it, largely because Police Academy had been shoved down my throat, thanks to the yearly sequels.

Seeing it now, you realise how poor the actual film is, and that the screenwriters couldn't come up with an original idea between them.

It's all the same stuff. Hightower shows his strength and has one scene where he looks frustrated.

Jones makes lots of noises and does bad Kung Fu.

Hooks shouts.

Tackleberry has a big gun.

Callahan shows her guns.

Harris and Proctor get things wrong.

It's what we get, time and time again, and it gets less and less funnier.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 15 Mar 2000
I have seen all the previous films in the Police Academy series and I did not think much of this one. I guess after 5 good ones you may run out of good ideas. It still has some funny moments but nowhere as many as the previous films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Police Academy, No. 6: City Under Siege [DVD] (DVD)
Great quality item, many thanks!

Police Academy, No. 6: City Under Siege  [DVD]