5.0 out of 5 stars He rode a BLAZIN' SADDLE, He wore a shinin' star ....
This is my first review on a product so I hope you like it. :)

I have been after the delux version of my all time favourite film for ages. My ghast was severly flabbered when I saw it on AMAZON and at the price I paid to. Now to the film and package.

Published on 1 May 2012 by TynepoolDFM

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying just for the camp fire scene
Classic Mel Brook. Although funny, it was more in your face funny with 'I cant believe hes saying/doing that' shock and thinking I cant laugh at that can I? Sad to say I remember it being funnier, it may be a classic but there are times when I was bored
Published 4 months ago by Gdkool

5.0 out of 5 stars He rode a BLAZIN' SADDLE, He wore a shinin' star ...., 1 May 2012
This is my first review on a product so I hope you like it. :)

BLAZIN' SADDLES is a very funny comedy by MEL BROOKS about a black sheriff (Cleavon Little) trying to get accepted in the white God fearing town of Rock Ridge. There are pleanty of slapstick gags through out the film ending with an all out brawl in the Warner Studios film lot. There are a bunch of crazy characters to including a German speaking Red Indian, a drunken quick draw gun slinger, a childish governer and the very sexy german show girl singer.

The items in this delux version are fantasic for collecters. The limited edition senatype, reproduced set of lobby cards and the large photos of behind the scenes was great. the only drawback was the film poster being folded to fit in the box means the poster is creased but it still is nice to have in the film poster collection

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE BEANS MR TAGGART, 5 Aug 2007
L. Wilson (Natal South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
Gucci, Count Bassie, Mel Brooks, Cleavon Little and of course Gene Wilder mix with a generous array of acting talent, throw in a dash of wild west and you have got the worlds most outrageous movie. It does have a racist tone but it is in context and so carefully handled by the delicate hands of Mel Brooks (get the gist).I have watched this film more times than I can remember and as our kids have grown so they too have watched time and time again. It is, without doubt, totally O.T.T., funny beyond reason and so full of one liners that you have to watch over and over just to remember a fraction of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, funny funny, 12 Dec 2003
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
Those who are Mel Brooks fans will love it! Its one of the funniest films ever!!! If you've never seen a Mel Brooks production this is a perfect starter!
Hilariously funny while dealing with the serious issue of racism.
Most funny moments include, the campfire scene obviously, the singing from the people of Rockridge, and the froggy loves daddy scene..im laughing just thinking about it!!!!
Watch this film, laugh and wonder why they dont make films as funny as this now. (Im 17 by the way so my dad introduced me to Mel Brooks,)

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Genius!!, 1 Jan 2007
Mr. A. Hale - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blazing Saddles (30th anniversary edition) [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
Just to say that I could watch this film seven days a week and I could never tire of it! It is is just simply a piece of cinematic genius in its own way and will hopefully live on forever despite people like Mr Hutton getting rather carried away in his review and taking the film to be literal in it's "racism" etc! May I suggest that he needs a long calming holiday and to get an open mind and a sense of humour. Everyone else I know that has seen this film,both BLACK and WHITE has understood the intended controversial humour and irony.Quite simply a must have for anyones dvd collection!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Saddles - best patrol movie, 15 Dec 2007
Paul Midgley "TenDown" (Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
We had Blazing Saddles as a movie onboard our submarine back in the mid 80's. I think my watch must have seen it a dozen times, until the Control Room watch could recite any scene from it. It is brilliant. Doing the watch handover to the strains of "There was a sleepy town called Rock Ridge..." in the background was slightly surreal. Best line in the film, you almost miss it - "Bart! They said you was hung!" "And they was right...!"

5.0 out of 5 stars One of brooks' finest films, 21 July 2002
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
I only watched this film because my best friend is a Mel Brooks fanatic and after seeing 'Men In Tights' previously I didn't have high hopes. To my delight it turned out to be one of the freshest and most engaging comedies I've seen in ages even though it may have been released 28 years ago. Gene Wilder is brilliant as the Waco Kid and Cleavon Little gives a great performance as the 'black sheriff'. I challenge you not to watch this film with a smile on your face from start to finish, purely because of the great performances by all of the cast and the wonderful humour of Brooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every minute, 18 Oct 2005
R. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
I first saw this film in the cinema in 1974 and found myself on my knees between the seat, tears running down my cheeks and gasping for breath. No, I hadn't been mugged - this film was sooooo funny that I was literally helpless with laughter. 30 years on and I still find the film a hugely enjoyable romp. This was Brooks at his funniest with belly laughs from beginning to end.
Classic Comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest film ever made, 10 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
This is quite simply the funniest film that has ever been made. It is an absolute riot from start to finish. Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little are excellent but Harvey Korman steals the show for me as the hilarious Hedley ("That's HEDLEY!!!") Lamarr.
An audio commentary from Mr Brooks is all that is missing from the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never tire of laughing out loud at this one..., 4 Feb 2005
M. K. Wright - See all my reviews
For those of you who have not watched Blazing Saddles, I would have to ask "Why not?" This is Mel Brooks at his best, although in fairness to this comment, Mel Brooks at his worst can be pretty grim. I wont bore anyone with the actual storyline, because that's not too important, as in essence this is designed as a spoof Western and not a deep flick that will have you philosophically contemplating our existence, and don't expect to be on the edge of your seat wondering what the next twist will be. I was contemplating rating this 4* due to what I thought was a very disappointing ending, where it just got silly (I know it's a spoof, but if you watch the film you'll see what I mean), but felt that would be unfair to the comedy genius demonstrated in first 7/8ths so didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to buy, and laugh forever, 7 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [VHS] (VHS Tape)
To my knowledge Mel Brooks has only ever made 3 good comedy movies (although he has made quite a few films in his career which aren't that bad). But Blazing Saddles is one comedy that can be classed as an all time classic. Set in the town of Rock Ridge, a new Sheriff is appointed to bring law and order to this once peaceful town. Now being ruled by thugs and gangs, in steps Sheriff Bart. The only problem is that the Sheriff is black and nobody in the town knew that until the day he arrived. The film is filled with great gags and punch lines from the opening seen where a railway track is being laid by coloureds and the Chinese (with the memorable songs 'I don't get a kick out of Champagne' & 'Camp town lady') to the scene at the campfire where too much beans can have a serious effect on your breathing ability through your noes. Loaded with laughter that will keep you amused for a long time...a must have movie.

Blazing Saddles (30th anniversary edition) [DVD] [1974]