4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly well done.
Published on 4 Aug. 2008 by TG

3.0 out of 5 stars Only my opinion
Published on 13 Oct. 2010 by Madmax

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly well done., 4 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
Remember reading Wishing Chair as a kid but never noticed they had done an animation. Don't know what date it was originally released but the animation is pretty good and the stories quirky, funny and scary enough to keep a 4-5 year old captivated. All nice and squeaky clean for quiet viewing which is always a blessing. Bought with the Faraway Tree and have not regretted it one bit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only my opinion, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film for my 4 year old grandaughter. We like to watch a dvd in bed when she stays overnight at weekend. Unfortunately she spent most of this film under the covers as she found it very scary. She has got a vivid imagination but this is definately not one of her favourites. I was quite surprised as I never remember Enid Blyton writing horror stories but it seems that to a four year old this one was.
I will leave it for a couple of years and then try it again and see if it is more suitable for an older age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton's Enchanted Lands - The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD], 25 Feb. 2009
G. Jefferson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
This has been played over and over again and they love it. Ages of my children are 8, 6, 3 & 2 and they all sit quiet throughout the whole dvd - well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great old fashioned fun for kids, 9 Aug. 2010
A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
Having read the books to my little boy, I thought I'd get the dvd too. It's lovely - just good old fashioned fun, no aliens or violence........... just lovely stories for children. Great value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old stories brought to life, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
My grandchildren loved it and kept on wanting more stories. A great success! This is the third generation to enjoy Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Children loved it, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
Brought back memories for me too. Excellent value for money and postage was a good rate to New Zealand too.

3.0 out of 5 stars My kids like it fine, 11 May 2015
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD does not follow the book; it has stories told in small shows rather than being one long movie. My kids like it fine, but it is not what we expected, and we would not have gotten it if we'd realized what it really was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures of the wishing chair, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for a gift as I had already bought one for my grandson many years ago but had to order it in shop I think its a must have for all young children magic

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 22 Aug. 2013
Mrsruthdrewry - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
excellent entertainment for the children with lots of imagination. excellent entertainment for children. excellent entertainment for children in a wishing chair

4.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair [DVD] (DVD)
intertaining but not so much when you know the kids are always expecting of something else than just a flying chair or whatever but it's good enough..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›