5.0 out of 5 stars How did this pass me by?
Published on 15 Mar 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Triggermen
Published on 17 May 2009 by G. C. Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars How did this pass me by?, 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Trigger Men [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I don't believe I've never heard of this film before! I love the films where British humour is pitted against the Americans, this film really does the trick - hilarious from start to finish (in the typically understated British way) this film takes British humour to the next level - Morrissey and Dunbar get funnier by the second - altogether, a thought provoking and hugely entertaining film!

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, 30 Aug 2008
J. Symon "JMS_5" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trigger Men [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
The film centres around two down-on-their-luck British men (Morrissey and Dunbar) in America trying to earn some decent money. However, when they come across a briefcase meant for two american hitmen (Wahlberg and Rapaport) holding thousands of dollars inside with a further loot if they agree to 'take out' a businessman (Postlethwaite) it proves to be too tempting. However, things get more complicated when the two original hitmen clue in on their plan...
It was a friend of mine who recommended this to me actually and having found it here for a (very) cheap price, I figured I would give it a go and I was not disappointed! As much as I like Neil Morrissey (Men Behaving Badly was a favourite of mine), it is his scenes that tend to drag a little which is pretty bad considering he is the main actor. It is the american counterparts who have the most endearing and funny scenes especially Wahlberg who is nothing but charming and cute throughout as he begins falling for the businessman's daughter (Forlani) while trying to figure out who stole his money.
It's not a classic but does what it says on the tin and you won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Triggermen, 17 May 2009
G. C. Gray (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trigger Men [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I did enjoy this film and in places it was very funny but likewise some of it was a little predictable and over the top. The relationship with Forlani & Wahlberg is a little unbelievable and I found Amanda Plummers character very annoying but overall all actors play a good part, in particular Morrisey and Dunbar as the 'wannabe' gangsters and Walhberg & Rapaport as the real deal.

The story unfolds well and I would recommend anyone to try it, especially for this price as you dont really have anything to loose. It may not be a classic but it is an enjoyable film.

Trigger Men [DVD] [2003]
Trigger Men [DVD] [2003] by John Bradshaw (DVD - 2004)