5.0 out of 5 stars Great Viewing For Children of All Ages
This was actually bought for my ten year old daughter, but is proving to be an even bigger hit with my three year old son and has, thankfully, taken the place of the Wiggles in his affections. It is, simply, a wonderful series of tales containing memorable and amusing characters, such as Moonface and Saucepan Man. With each tale telling of their adventures in a...
Published on 12 Oct 2003 by Mr. William S. Robertson

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I suppose that having read all the Faraway books as a child and then reading them to my own daughters, seeing a dvd interpretaion bought for my grandson was never really going to meet expectations. It has been brought up to date from the Enid Blyton original '50s stories which todays children will probably like and can relate to. All the characters are there and the...
Published on 10 Aug 2011 by Intrepid Explorer

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars made us smile, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
My 6 year old is obsessed with the books and this won a WOW from her - doesn't stick to the original story lines from the book but my 8,6 and 3 year olds all sat and watched, giggled out loud and enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
My brother hasn't seen this since he was small.
The nostalgia and magic we remembered from being kids was still there.
Brilliant buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
Read the book and enjoyed it. The DVD is good too. My daughters enjoyed it. Would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories shared, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
I found my old Enid Blyton books to read to my nephews 5 and 6 years old when they frequently stay over, then found the DVD. This was bought so they could see the characters within the stories and they love it. It is so different from the cartoons/programmes of today with all the fighting involved, taking them back to a simpler, kinder and gentler way of life. It shows that there is still a place for Enid Blyton in the modern world, as they now want me to buy the other DVDs in the series! I love it as well, as I had most of the books as a child, so now were all happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old stories enjoyed once again!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
My grandchildren enjoyed it and wanted to watch all of the stories at once! I was pleased that another generation had sufficient imagination to enjoy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little ones, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
What a fantastic series - my (very articulate & mature) 2.5yo loves this so much: she will sit and watch all 7 episodes in a row without a squeak out of her (unheard of!). She loves to include the stories and characters in her imaginary play and tells me all about the different stories over and over, so it has really captured her imagination at the point where she is learning to follow plots and understand consequences etc.

I was looking for something for her to watch to wind down which wasn't violent (very hard to find), and these are perfect - funny, imaginative, colourful and charming stories. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 out of 10, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
Reading the books to the kids at the moment so they wanted the DVD to watch as well. They loved it as it just brought all the characters to life for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
An old quality DVD but after the kids have had the stories read to them and now watch the DVD they are loving it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past., 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
My grandson loved this, it was a favorite of my daughter when we used to read bedtime stories, so it was nice to see it on DVD, I have now ordered the wishing chair DVD.We have all the books, but he is to young to read them yet, but he will recognise them when he hears them at a later date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to my childhood, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic dvd, read all the books as a child. When I saw the dvd I had to get it to watch with my children. When the dvd came my boys said no thanks mum! I put it on one wet afternoon and we all sat down to watch it- what a treat. It is basic old cartoon but just as I remembered it. Now my 5 year olds favourite!!!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD]
The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD] by Enchanted Tales (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: 7.99