Far

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
If, like me, you first heared tina with zero7, you will not be disappointed by this offering. The vocals are soulful and the melodies spine tinglingly beautiful; this album has the power to calm the fierstest of bad moods.
Published on 17 Jan 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear...
Oh well, we are all entitled to our own opinions so here goes mine. I bought this album on the back of previous reviews here as I am a fan of all things Zero 7 (Sia, Ilya etc..) but this sounds nothing of the sort. Very middle of the road, all songs basically sounding exactly the same except for one which is just slower than the other 5 very slow and instantly forgettable...
Published on 18 Aug 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 17 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
As quality is always more important than quantity, don't be put off by the fact that there are only six tracks- they are well worth the money.
I wait for In The red, Tina's forthcoming album, with great expectation.

4.0 out of 5 stars The voice of an angel, 5 Jan 2005
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
Its not often you come across an artist as beautiful and as talented as Tina Dico. I first came across her, as most people will have done, providing vocals on the most recent Zero 7 album 'When it Falls' which I must say is stunning. So impressed was I by Tina's obvious talent, I bought the album a few months ago but never got round to reviewing it.
Initially I was a bit sceptical paying the best part of 10 for only 6 songs (I am a tight Yorkshireman after all!!). However, after listening to the album, I would probably have paid that amount for just one or two of the songs. My personal favourites are 'Break of Day' and the excellent 'Haunted' but there are no real bad songs. If you appreciate talented songwriters a bit different from the rubbish that is chart music and armed with an acoustic guitar, I strongly advise you to buy this album. Apparently there is going to be a full length album on the way in the near future and hopefully it's every bit as good at this one.
Finally, if you ever get the chance to see Tina singing live, best chance is likely to be with Zero 7, I can't recommend her highly enough. If you like this, I suggest you also buy Zero 7's back catalogue along with Sia - Colour the Small One (another superb singer who perfroms with Zero 7).
Fingers crossed that this very talented young danish woman provides us with some more laid back, beautiful tunes as soon as possible. Don't let the price of 6 songs put you off!!

4.0 out of 5 stars From Zero to Hero, 26 April 2004
Lithgow (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
A sweet debut release from the new voice of Zero 7. From the openingtrack 'Warm Sand' the tone is set for 23 minutes of listeningpleasure...my only real complaint is that it's not a full album as justwhen I've got to the end, I'm ready for another 6 songs of the qualityI've just heard.
There have been some Joni Mitchell comparisons made with Tina, and on thelast tune, the influence is there to be heard, but there's an awful lotmore to the character of her voice and I think if the masses hear this,she could soon become part of the furniture.
Just looking forward to hearing a full album sometime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The antidote to Avril, 6 Aug 2004
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
Despite obviously not wishing Tina Dico a lifetime of poverty, I would quite like it if she never achieves the success that her song writing and amazing voice so richly deserve. This is the sort of album that you don't want to share with anyone (quite why am I writing this review?). The 6 songs here are so beautifully crafted and personal it would spoil it if you heard them blasted out on the radio.
Treat yourself and buy this album, pick a nice spot, put this on and enjoy...but don't tell anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible talent, 6 Jun 2004
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
I saw Tina Dico support Paddy Casey on his recent tour, mindblowing live in an intimate venue, and the 6 track EP doesn't disappoint. Warm Sand and Break of Day are both a fantastic introduction of Dico's talents as both a singer and a songwriter. Back Where We Started rounds it off perfectly, demonstrating her spectacular voice. Little known here, except perhaps to fans of Zero 7, 'Far' leaves you with great anticipation and promise of a full studio album.

4.0 out of 5 stars The shortest album I own!, 16 Aug 2005
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
Although short, this album has some catchy tunes and Tina Dico has a brilliant voice. You definately want to keep listening to it, I just wish there was more of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 10 Jun 2005
Jenny Beck (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
After purchasing both of Sia's albums, (healing is important and colour the small one) Tina Dico was recommended to me by a friend. I am so pleased I have found her. The album is amazing -even though there are only 6 tracks, you almost get a taste of what is to come from this talented lady. She will clearly be discovered over here in England - but I hope (like many others that have reviewed on here) that her music is not overplayed on the radio as it would completely spoil it all! I would recommend paying the money to buy this album - it is worth every penny. My favourite songs at the moment are 'Lets got lost' and 'Warm Sand.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful beautiful...., 7 Jun 2004
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
A beautiful mini-album. Tina's voice is outstanding as ever and the music is extremely thought provoking, the lyrics poetic.
Am hoping we don't have to wait long for a full album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 22 Jan 2005
Paul McBride (Warrington, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
If you've heard her with Zero 7 you'll know what to expect, a beautiful voice full of feeling. The music's just as good, especially on Let's Get Lost. Only 6 tracks so it's like walking out of a great gig halfway through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supurb voice, catchy songs!, 20 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Far (Audio CD)
Like another reviewer here i got the album after seeing her live supporting Paddy Cassey this time in Nottingham. However i intentionally went to see here after hearing her fantastic vocals to two tracs on the latest Zero 7 album "when it falls."
I knew here voice was good but wow live she was great and this EP captilates a fantastic singer/songwritter after a few listens you will be singing along thats for sure! Originally from Denmark she is well known over there and i see her becoming equally popular in the UK.
It's not like the zero 7 songs she sang (better than) it being predominantly lively, acoustic with Tina playing the Guitar and singing throughout. It has a folk'y edge yet lively and at times touching on a sophisticated pop sound.
When is the Album comming out...! I want more of the same please

Far
Far by Tina Dico (Audio CD - 2004)