5.0 out of 5 stars an album you don't get bored of
i love this album, very reminiscent of jack johnson's laid-back surf tunes. great tunes throughout, consistent toe-tapping sing-a-long music. fantatsic. love the song free, and heading home. makes me want to grab my surfboard and go on the road travelling.X
Published on 18 May 2006 by Lovejones

3.0 out of 5 stars sub jack
don't get me wrong I LIKE this album. it's just pretty samey, and after jack johnsons sublime first album (which his own second fails to live up to) this seems like a waste of obvious talent.
comeon fellas you can all obviously write and sing, how about mixing the styles up a little bit and losing the ukulele.
Despite that, its still a cool album to listen after...
Published on 22 Feb. 2005 by O. Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars an album you don't get bored of, 18 May 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Jack Johnson fans!, 11 Jun. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
This album got recomended to me by a fellow Jack Johnson fan. So I stuck it in my amazon shopping basket. A couple of days later I was driving to my dull and unrewarding office job. With the windows down and the system up listening to the first track on the album 'if it don't matter'. I felt like I was driving to the beach on the most beautifully sunny day in years. This album has the same laid back but uplifting feel as Jack's stuff. If anything, Donavon has stronger vocals. This album is a must for anyone who likes Jack Johnson's music.

5.0 out of 5 stars not just a great surfer, 19 July 2004
H. C. EDWARDS "talkingcyberman" (south wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
Forget Jack, Donovan is so much more fun. Don't just go on his surfing talent, check his website and listen to the man.
I can't believe I would have missed out on his music were I not dating a surfer!! A little more publicity please! This is a beautiful, well-rounded album, uncomplicated and still poignant.
I only wish he'd gig in Britain...he may not get the big waves here but he'd have a massive following.

5.0 out of 5 stars The guy is a legend in the waves and an awesome musician!!, 3 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
Donavan is one of the most soulful surfers out there and it is reflected in his music. If you want a pick me up tunes or something to chillout to then buy this album.I own all of Jack Johnsons albums and then heard one song they did together. i bought this album and now it sits right on top along side Jack. overall this is awesome and a album that anyone can listen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A legend in the making., 15 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
All I can say to start this review is what an album. From the first time I heard Donavons work in a Yute travelling out from Manly, NSW I was hooked. I was fortunate enough to be in a car of a retailer who is sent obscure material by record companies. This 5 song compilation was basically Donavon Frankenreiter accoustic. Five tracks from the album with nothing but his voice and his guitar. Found nothing of him back home in UK but used Amzon to track his album down. Every track a gem especially the first, a real summer feel good track but I'll always remember track 10, 'call me papa' at its best... in an old Yute played accoustically by who's got to be a legend some day soon, Donavon Frankenreiter .

5.0 out of 5 stars summery guitars, 2 Sept. 2004
G. Ormrod "georgie" (lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
Like everyone below says, this is a must for anyone who likes Jack Johnson (I might even venture to say that I prefer this guy)....but a little more about the music itself; here we have happy, sunshine filled acoustic guitars with Donavon's strong vocals which match the sounds perfectly. There's also harmonicas, ukeleles and the usual percussion and bass.
The songs all stand out individually with beautiful hook-motifs and fantastic lyrics that make you want to listen over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great album !, 26 Mar. 2006
H. T. L. Boyson "_henriquez_" (Un-united Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
I completely 2nd James's opinion above. Probably one of the best CDs I've ever bought. I was at the Unleashed Festival in Watergate Bay (2005)aswell and since then a week hasn't gone by where i haven't listened to his music. I just can't wait until he releases his new album this summer !
I actually prefer Donovan over J.J these days (Mainly because radio has ruined his songs through all-day everyday play, oh well it was good while it lasted ay)
In conclusion: buy this CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack who?, 3 Aug. 2006
A. Gallamore "elscrubio" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
I bought this album a month ago purely on a wim as I heard a few clips of his music and really liked it. What impresses me the most with the album is its general playability and how it keeps up the standard set in the first few songs throughout.

The songs are soulful and full of meaning and are sang with a voice you would die for. I hope that he doesn't become too mainstream as I love impressing friends with this album and I can't wait to get my hands on his second album

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic album - true surfer vibe, 28 Aug. 2005
J. Hutt "Indie Kid" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
I bought this album nearly a year ago now and I still haven't stopped listening to it. After seeing Donavon perform live at the Nokia Unleashed Festival in Watergate Bay this year, I just cannot wait for follow-up to be recorded!
I discovered Donovan through my love of music from the likes Jack Johnson, G Love & Special Sauce and Ben Harper.
Although the style of the music is similiar to Jack Johnson's bur I consoder it to be a little bit more 'smoochy' - perfect if you wanna get the girlfriend in the mood!
If you want to chill out at home, or something to play at the summer BBQ, this is the CD for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew me away, 14 May 2004
This review is from: Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD)
Now what can I say about this cd, I heard about donavon from being into Jack Johnson, and for starters, anyone into Jack must buy this album. Anyone who isn't into Jack, here it is plain and simple,
BUY THIS ALBUM AND ALL OF JACK JOHNSON'S!!!!!!!!!!
And do it now, you won't regret it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Donavon Frankenreiter
Donavon Frankenreiter by Donavon Frankenreiter (Audio CD - 2004)