4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results, if pricy
The quality of the prints using these inks, the Epson R800 printer and semi glossy Epson paper are fantastic and beat prints from any from the high steet stores.
True, the price for a mere 13cc of ink in each cartridge is too high. Previous posts just demonstrate that insufficient research was done to identify the true cost of operating this printer
We can only...
Published on 12 Jan 2006 by A. Lodey

1.0 out of 5 stars Worry- Is this Ink Cartridge Genuine?
I have always bought original inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 800,even though the price is very high.

Today I am printing important invitations, the yellow ink is out . I replace it with one that arrived from Amazon recently.
Published on 18 Feb 2012 by J.P.W.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results, if pricy, 12 Jan 2006
A. Lodey (UK) - See all my reviews
We can only hope that the kind folk at Epson have a pricing policy re-think in the near future or extend the bulk pack deals available for the cheaper products to the high end ink sales.

5.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 4 Jan 2006
By A Customer
Don't be tempted to buy the cheaper 3rd party ink refils, compared to the epson inks they are rubbish especially on printed photo's. There's no point having a good printer filled with bad ink.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worry- Is this Ink Cartridge Genuine?, 18 Feb 2012
J.P.W. "JAKI" (Ipswich, England) - See all my reviews

Instantly a notice comes up that the ink is not genuine. I click that I will still use it . My time is short. The invitations must go.

No way. The printer has stopped and won't print at all no matter what I do.
It is Sunday and I can't find a shop open.

Where did this cartridge come from?Epson T0544 Yellow Ink Cartridge STYLUS Photo R800/R1800 Printers (C13T05444010)

5.0 out of 5 stars Value AND Quality, 26 Oct 2005
By A Customer
We bought the Epson R800 because we were printing out photos mainly and we required the best quality available. The Epson R800 gives you exactly that. Yes the ink cartridges are slightly expensive but then that is the nature of ink cartridges these days. We have found that we do not need to replace all eight ink cartridges at once, rather the cyan and magenta will be replaced one month, and the black the next. We are currently printing an album full of large resolution photos for my sister's wedding and have not run out of ink yet! Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars good service, 23 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
as I expect with things from the Amazon website and amazon suppliers .... package arrived on time ... in fact a day early! .. properly packaged and as I ordered. contents in good condition.

proper job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson inks, 9 Jan 2010
Having tried a number of substitute inks i have returned to Epson. Its worth paying a little more for the Quality and problem free printing

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Inks, 14 April 2010
Epson do a good ink for the 1800 and only through Amazon can I find it at a reasonable price

4.0 out of 5 stars Epson cartridges - replace just 1 and the printer will FLUSH them ALL..., 2 Mar 2007
Yes, of course I love the quality of the prints this machine produces, they are excellent. As a designer, and an Apple MAC user, I need very accurate colour reproduction and great quality prints. Compatible inks never match Pantone colours. Epson it seems, go hand-in hand with Apple. However, like almost everyone else, I have been blown away by the cost of the inks in this model.

Epson seem to have designed the 8 cartridge system to supposedly make replacing just 1 colour more economical for the user. But, let me tell you what an official Epson call-out engineer told me just 2 weeks after I bought my printer. Most of you probably know this already but, it's worth saying again.

Every time you change just one cartridge, the printer is designed to flush away the good ink in ALL the remaining cartridges as well. Thus, despite the advertising gumph saying that changing one cartridge at a time is economical, in fact, it's not. It's created specifically to drain away good ink. Personally I feel held hostage by Epson, I own my printer but Epson still control how I use it... and for how LONG too. Yes, that's right. The engineer also said that the printer itself is programmed to break down after 'X' number of prints are produced. It generates valuable revenue from service and repairs I assume. The printer has a clock/counter inside. Epson seem to think we (the user) need a built in self-destruct chip inside our printer that will serve as a forced reminder for us to book an expensive service. Apparently this is standard across all big brand manufacturers but, I personally think it is dishonest and it makes me angry.

Epson make great printers but personally, I don't like being stitched-up when I buy an expensive product like this. DON'T buy one if £80+ per month, AND a Kings Ranson to fix it when it mysteriously stops/breaks-down in the future, is going to be a problem for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Epson red ink, 21 July 2009
Decent genuine product, but shame about the high price. Epson must be making a fortune on these products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson original ink, 2 April 2009
J. D. Codd (KENT United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson Original Ink Cartridge T0541 Photo Black (Office Product)
I have used Epson original ink for many years but
as money has got shorter I decided to try a compatible
ink from another manufacturer.Unfortunately the ink
did not work at all well in my Epson printer and it had
to be replaced as it repeatedly blocked the ink jets.
Maybe I was unlucky but will not make this mistake
again.