5.0 out of 5 stars Lenny is underated in the UK
Published on 16 Jun 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars just 1 nice song on it, maybe 2
Very bad cd from LK one of his worse . But I knew what I was buying. I bought this only for 1 song I adore - Calling All Angels
Published 16 months ago by guzi

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenny is underated in the UK, 16 Jun 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
I love this album, it's so refreshing to hear an allround artist with genuine talent. Sistermamalover, Baptism and Minister Of Rock n' Roll are my favourites and that was a hard choice to make, because to be honest Storm is the only track I'm unsure about and thats growing on me. At first I didn't think the rap sequence from Jay-Z fitted into the rest of the track, but I'm beginning to get it.
I hear California is to be the UK single, strange choice I'd have gone with Sistermamalover.
Buy it if you like good musicianship and great vocals.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Minister of Rock n Roll!, 25 July 2004
Mr. S. T. Willey "stroma9" (Near Chester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
Couldn't make my mind up about this for a long time, but having listened to it a number of times I can honestly say that this is a great collection of songs. It may not be his best, but it rocks out at times, and has some songs that will give you goose pimples. Where are we running, Flash, I don't wanna be a star, Minister of Rock n Roll and the fabulous Baptized make this a worthy purchase.
See him live too, you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can You Dig It Man?, 4 Oct 2004
Dj Master G! (Magnolia, Delaware) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
What can you say about this album? This album totaly Rocks and Lenny is the man! You got to love how this man sings and Jams on his guitar! At the VMA's this year on MTV his performance with Alicia Keys, and Stevie Wonder was off the Chain! You can tell he is going to be in the Rock in Roll hall of fame someday! Lenny made a big impression on me with the song American Woman. He sounded so much like Jimmy and it just blew me away! So if you dig Lenny Kravitz music pick up this cd, and prepare to Jam! Rock on Lenny! Yo peace and much love.... Dj Master G!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Album to listen over and over again!, 3 Aug 2005
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
Whan I first listened to this album I was disappointed. Maybe because my expectations were high. Then, the second time it sounded differently. I don't know why but somehow I learned to listen to it. Each time I play this CD I like it more and more and now I love it. Lenny is fantastic and his music superb. A great album this is. It's 'a must buy'. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great cd., 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
Cannot get enough of this fantastic cd especially the track CALIFORNIA exceptional and worth the pittance I paid for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's only rock 'n' roll, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
You've got to give it Lenny. He can get away with it. He can blatently rip off Sly & the Family Stone, The Dandy Warhols, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, throw in a good number of lyrical cliches and still pull it off. The best tracks are the slow ones, which are less cliched and really powerful but the whole album is worth having.

2.0 out of 5 stars just 1 nice song on it, maybe 2, 3 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Baptism Album, 9 April 2008
O. Hamza "SE7EN" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
I have started to listen to Lenny alot after first seeing him Jam with Prince in concert...yeah i am a funky fan. I have brought 2-3 of Lenny's albums and i have to say i am not dissapointed one little bit...Baptism is way up there with my best albums! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! go buy now....!

4.0 out of 5 stars introducing..., 21 July 2004
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
Having never really explored the potential of Mr Kravitz, I was pleasantly surprised to find this an instantly enjoyable album to listen to. Possibly not the most adventurous or original, but never the less a satisfying listen with plenty of chilled out tracks to match the upbeat numbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 4 Mar 2005
This review is from: Baptism (Audio CD)
This album is totally awesome!!!!
If u love Lenny u will love this - original rock from one of the most original rockers of 2day! Best tracks: California and Baptism

Baptism
Baptism by Lenny Kravitz (Audio CD - 2004)