4.0 out of 5 stars 1975 November
Published on 10 July 2008 by G. G. Saunders

Published on 1 Sep 2009 by A. J. PEPPER

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as 'Fantasytastic' as it could have been... but it's alright!, 1 Sep 2009
A. J. PEPPER "Pepper-Pot" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Return To Fantasy (Audio CD)
I was 15 when I bought this album way back in 1975 when I was (as I thought) Uriah Heep's No.1 Fan and was the first Heep album that I bought new (all the others being second hand) with cash from a paper round which is why it holds an important place in my nostalgic memory even if the music (listening to it today) isn't as exciting perhaps as that which went before. I even had a T-shirt (long gone) with the album cover pictured on it.
RTF was the first of two albums to feature ex King Crimson bassist John Wetton replacing the excellent Gary Thain who was having some problems at the time and I never really thought that he suited Heep. However, there are some good tunes here, RTF gallops along nicely even if I never really knew what it was about, 'Shady Lady' a song about a lady of easy virtue is probably my favourite as an all guitar duel, 'Devils Daughter' is a good heavy typical Heep tune as is 'Beautiful Dream'. 'Prima Donna' was released as a single with a heavy brass section, coupled on the 'b' side with 'Shout it Out' which features here as a bonus track. 'Why Did You Go?' is a lovely ballad which I still listen to on it's own if I'm in the mood so to be fair it's an Ok album with a few 'near misses'. Well worth a listen - as loudly as possible of course.. it makes all the difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1975 November, 10 July 2008
G. G. Saunders "Rock Dr." (West Sussex .UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Return To Fantasy (Audio CD)
Its that long ago! 75, little did we know that this was David Byrons second to last Heep album.. I have the vinyl and it wasnt played much in the last decade ( if at all ) . so after getting this remastered CD it really has come to life. I all ways enjoy outakes and unreleased vault specials, and this amongst other Heep remasters has plenty. reading the sleeve notes it is amazing to think this group ever got it together to write or record but, Gerry Bron (manager producer and company excec) held the strings of these boys. a classic heep rock album similar in parts to Sweet Freedom and Wonderworld. The one track Im not to taken with is the title track R.T.Fantasy, may be it should of been on last!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastick, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Return To Fantasy (Audio CD)
another excellent album from the excellent uriah heep ive been listining to this band since i was 15 years old im 57 now and still playing all there music every saturday in my own rockfest its just way ahead of there time

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Return To Fantasy (Audio CD)
My husband loved this CD - took him back to his teenage years! We've even managed to get seats for their latest concert after purchasing this!

4.0 out of 5 stars return to form? nearly, 6 Dec 2008
Mr Blackwell (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Return To Fantasy (Audio CD)
side 1 on the original vinyl(ist 4 tracks on the cd) were fantastic with beautiful dream being a particularly outstanding performance from david byron,side 2 sadly never really saw much action on the turntable,so playing the cd is a high rapidly descending to boredom,hard to believe this is heep biggest selling album in the uk!! this was the first heep album i ever heard,im glad i stuck with them. 3.5 stars

Return To Fantasy
Return To Fantasy by Uriah Heep (Audio CD - 2008)