5.0 out of 5 stars Trashy American TV - I love it!
Published on 23 Jan. 2009 by C. Schouten

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Was ok
Published 10 months ago by Murray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Trashy American TV - I love it!, 23 Jan. 2009
C. Schouten - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
After cotemplating what box set we should start watching next, my other half and I took a risk and picked up Nick / Tuck - and boy am I glad we did! From the first episode we were hooked and wanted more! Even my boyfriend, who can be quite choosy, was smiling by the end of the first episode. I love each and every character and credit to the actors for playing it so well! There is real drama, heart wrenching storylines, laugh out loud moments, plenty of sex and the surgical scenes have the "oh my god how real do they look' factor! For people giving this series negative comments because of too much sex / scenes too grotesque / trash television - that is exactly what makes it so good! If you don't like it, go back to watching ER or Casualty! We're nearly half way through Season 2 - and Season 3 is waiting for us in the cupboard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, 15 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Powerful, heartwrenching, emotional, at times hilarious, and not at all tacky. Everything a quality drama should be. I was blown away by the characters and the stories in this first season. A must see, absolutely first class in every way.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Tell me, what don�t you like about yourself?", 16 Jan. 2005
S. Greig (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Half way through watching the first episode I said to my wife: "Two partners, one extrovert, the other a bit of a geek. Both working in an unusual industry and not quite getting on. This is just 'Six Feet Under' but sunnier!". Fortunately by the end of the first episode I was happily proved wrong. Even though the premise of the program is similar-ish this programme goes into a whole darker side than Six Feet Under ever did.
The programme purposely goes out of its way to shock. There is sex, violence, death and graphic depictions of operations. Saying all that, this is a very entertaining program. The characters are likeable, we have the hapless family man Dr McNamara (Walsh) who tries his best to be a good father and husband but some how manages to go a bit wrong. And then we have the voracious Dr Troy (a brilliant McMahon), the smooth operator who reminds me of an evil cousin of Dr Doug Ross from Chicago! Both lead characters work very well with each other. Never quite getting on one hundred percent but never quite falling out enough. This tempestuous partnership manages to give us some very good television entertainment.
The supporting cast is also very good, Dr McNamara's wife (Richardson) and son (Hensley) are particularly worthy and provide some of the most interesting storylines.
I must mention the soundtrack to the program. Its fantastic, a mix of oldies and new stuff all played quite loudly but never seems out of place or intrusive. It is very, very good. Also I have just noticed the soundtrack CD is available from Amazon too.
All in all, a fantastic program with believable characters, great actors and fine plots. Do not let the graphic surgery scenes put you off as they are really not that long. It is worth watching through to see the last five minutes. I am not going to give anything away, it's a bit contrived but clever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nip/Tuck is a timeless masterpiece., 23 July 2013
Brett_Bloom (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This first season of 'Nip/Tuck' is nearly ten years old. However, watching it again in 2013, I was reminded of that one quality that defines a great story: timelessness. Other TV drama series from the early Noughties might now seem slow and out of date. But not 'Nip/Tuck'.

Ryan Murphy's vision was to create a show that explores the depths of our culture of superficiality. And right from the pilot episode to its season finale, 'Nip/Tuck' is gripping. Characters such as Christian Troy, Sean McNamara, Kimber and Gina are simply unforgettable. And their storylines have an addictive quality.

As we become more superficial, 'Nip/Tuck' should become compulsive viewing for a new generation of viewers who missed it the first time. And for the fans of Ryan Murphy, 'Nip/Tuck' is a brilliant preview of the gems that he would go on to co-create such as 'Glee' and 'American Horror Story.' If you have got this far to this review, you would already be aware of those great shows anyway!

4.0 out of 5 stars top quality trash tv, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Love this show and inparticular Christian . Love the sexiness, the gore, the witty quick script , the ability to tackle issues , just a great watch to really unwind at the end of the day . The only reason I didnt give 5 stars ? I thought the closing 2 episodes were a little silly . Previously having been moved to tears we were now in Carl Hiassen comic bad guys style and I did not also believe how Christian was suddenly wanting to become a family man . Shame, I shall still look forward to series 2 on my dvd player tho .

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting viewing, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
My daughters were the first members of our family to become Nip Tuck fans. Now my husband and I are deeply committed too. It's an inspired series with high quality acting and plot lines that have many twists and turns which makes for riveting viewing. In addition, Nip Tuck explores many social issues through the medium of cosmetic surgery. Thoroughly recommended... in fact, we're just about to start watching Series 3 so must go!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows you will see..., 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This is one of those times when you have come here out of curiosity and that you glad you did. This show is just so dark and brilliant. The first few episodes will keep you satisfied but you may not want to watch the whole boxset in one go, which is no bad thing, because when you come back to it you will just go - wow.
All the actors are super although you may not think that at first. Absolute genius of a show - ten out of ten.

5.0 out of 5 stars MCNAMARA/TROY........UTTERLY FAB VIEWING, 8 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
The best dvd boxset I have ever watched, all characters are exciting and entertaining, all apart from the irritating, shaky, repetetive, dull and bland Julia. Couldn't warm to her at all but am addicted to watching this programme and have just ordered series 2. The storyines are over the top but this is exactly the kind of show people want to see, never a dull moment!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snip, snip sweetheart!, 14 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Nip/tuck is a completely original and unique tv series. Its bold, colourful, harshly graphic and brilliant throughout. Ok some of the story is a bit far fetched but the one thing that I think makes this show stand out from the rest is the relationships between the characters, they just seem so realistic. The two doctors make you believe that they are dependant on each other dispite apperances. Julian McMahon plays Dr. Christian Troy, a single egotistical womaniser, who will have to improve his ways and Dylan Wash plays Dr. Sean McNamara who is a married father. Right from the first episode your thrown into the deep end you soon see the unsteady side of Sean's marriage and Christian's thrill seeking attitude. Add an amazing soundtrack and I promise that within 10 minutes you'll be hooked. The box set comes with some good extras, the documentaries show how they created the amazing visual effects as well as a music video to the remix version of the excellent title song.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite show, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Such a great TV show, after starting watching it when it first started I lost touch with it due to a rubbish job and unsociable hours. But finally I'm catching up again and loving every minute of this spectacular show and starting from scratch. Can't wait to get the rest

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004]
Nip/Tuck - Series 1 (Box Set) [DVD] [2004] by Dylan Walsh|Julian McMahon (DVD - 2004)