Published on 2 Feb 2009 by C. damant

3.0 out of 5 stars Monogamy
Whether you find this game stimulating or not rather depends how long you, as a couple, have been together. As most know, the game is played at three levels getting progressively more intimate as you go from level 1 to level 3. Unless, you are very new to each other, I think most couples will find levels 1 and 2 rather tedious.Even level 3 is not overwhelmingly sexy...
Published 3 months ago by Tony H

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fun game that brings you out of your shell.. if you have one!, 2 Feb 2009
C. damant "Damanca" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monogamy Game: A Hot Affair for Couples Adult Board Game (Personal Care)
I am really glad I bought this game as a Christmas present for my hubby! I had a sneaky look before I wrapped it and was very close to sending it back as I didn't think I could do some of the suggestions - even though we have been together 11 years I still felt a little embarrassed giving him a sexy lap dance!... But I am glad I was brave and kept it as it was a lot of fun!
We played it on New Year's Eve so had a few drinks and spent the evening talking, laughing and "other things" as per the cards.
Yes it can be a little embarrassing but when you are both doing funny things then it's ok after a while - plus a couple of drinks help with the first time nerves! lol

I would recommend looking through some of the cards the first time as you do need some 'props' like foods to feed yourself and each other in a seductive way (we bought Pringles and dips and they both came in handy!) and you may also need things like a blindfold and whipped cream. If you would rather both keep the cards a total surprise then as long you have some food you can improvise with the rest - or leave that particular card for this time playing and pick another one.

Some of the cards are actions do to straight away, others are to complete within a week or month and some are surprises for each other to do whenever you like - so the game doesn't really end that night.

There is a quicker way you can play the game by just picking the cards but we played the full version and it took around 4 hours - so keep the whole night free... put music on.... get some drink... some food and have fun with your loved one!

(Sneaky tip - there is a square on the board whereby you are required to take an item of clothing off - therefore I wore some socks even though I had a skirt on! hehe)

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, but not for the very shy..., 21 Dec 2005
By A Customer
I bought this game for my partner and I to give us a bit of fun, spice up our love love and so that we spent some 'quality time together'.
The game is fairly good quality, nice board and cards etc.
You go around the board, removing clothing, eating food in erotic ways, drinking, performing tasks and answering personal questions. The more times you go around the board the more erotic the questions and tasks.
My partner is quite shy so found some of the things a bit too much, but you can just repick cards or do the things you feel most comfortable doing. Obviously you need to both be in the mood, but you also need to have a bottle of something on stand by, some nice nibbles and about 2 hours of uninterrupted time.
Overall a good game, recommended for those wanting to spend more physical time with their loved one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Dec 2008
This game is fantastic!
It fills an evening and not only gets you in a very passionate mood, it allows you and your psrtner to learn things about each other you may never have known before.
The first element allows you to talk openly about favourite moments with your partner, or an ideal date, or even how particular things that your partner make you feel.
The second round is quite sensual, it prompts you to massage your partner or restrict yourself to kissing/caressing just one part of their body (the temptation makes for a great build up).
The final part is more sexual (use your imagination).
The other element is the extra cards that you gain throughout the game and can collect up to three to then share with your partner at the end (if you get more during the game you must discard your least favourite). These may be role-playing scenarios or positions you's like to try, or something you've always want to try but never felt right about talking about it- this gives you the great outlet of someone else having written down exactly what you want to do!

The only warning I would give- make sure you buy the extras needed- something sexy to nibble on, drinks (shots would work well) and things like massage oils or chocolate body paint.
With the fantasy cards an outfit or two would be benificial too.

Overall: A fantastic way to get to know your partner, about the way they feel about you, things they'd like to try and what their fantasies really are!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be shy, this is sexy fun!!!!, 27 Nov 2004
Mr. Andrew Moore "lord derfel cadarn" (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
As another reviewer said, this is good fun but you are not be shy. Role the dice move round the board, collect and discard cards and your clothing and you could end up naked! Along the way the cards tell you what you have to do which could be remove an item of clothing or do something to your partner such as give a massage, kiss the inner thigh...or something else. at the end the cards left with the winner give the scenario foe a role play fantasy that you both have to carry out.

Yes its fun, yes its sexy and yes its a turn on. If you are stuck in a rut, want to try something new but don't know what then give this game a try... you'll have to be broad minded but wow things certainly start to look up... if you get my drift!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite cool, 30 Jan 2013
I definitely do not regret my decision to buy this game.

I bought it a year ago as a present and we played it like 4-5 times, but it was loads of fun every time. We would play more often if it didn't require so much preparation (sliced fruits, whipped cream, alcohol, sexy outfit.... shower (lol, just kidding =D ) ).

Some cards are so-so, but some are very interesting, give you some new ideas and really turn you on for the final part of the game.

So, don't hesitate, give it a try, you are definitely going to have a romantic evening (at least) and it's totally worth 18 pounds.

Also it's not a one-time-game, you can play it many times - by the time you'll be done with all the cards you are gonna forget what was in the beginning, so you can start all over again =). As I said, we played like 4-5 times and we still have some cards we haven't seen yet.

Oh, after writing this review I feel like playing again =) I think I'm gonna arrange another Monogamy-evening this weekend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, 22 Aug 2010
Definitely agree with the people, who write above that this product is not for the shy people. However, it is always not to late to change your attitude from shy to crazy!!!:))Actually even a brave one can blush during this game.... The game is hot and it turns on rapidly. I totally suggest to buy and try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 18 April 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My husband and i really enjoyed this game. We played it on a weekend away, and we're a bit prudish so it suited us well as it starts slow and then builds up. As others have said, it's better if you have food and drink available, including a little alcohol. It also has fun suggestions to try later! Have a go, and have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars From warm to steamy in 60 minutes, 2 Feb 2007
My partner and I bought this game together for a laugh.....little did we realise!

You'll need a couple of things not included in the box..like oils, but nothing too expensive.

Be open minded and you'll have more lustful fun than you've ever had before.

It starts off warm, while you work you way round the board, then you get warmer...and warmer 'til you're piping hot.

There's tips for quicker games......and you'll learn new things about your partner, and yourself!

We love this game, and I think it'll keep surprising us for years to come. Forget getting stuck in a rut..ruts don't exist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun and something different to keep you entertained, 13 Oct 2010
N. Jones "NAJ'o" (Hereford, England) - See all my reviews
We have played this game twice and both times found it very enjoyable. There are 3 levels of intimacy from very basic stuff to just tease ease other through to performing oral etc. You go from eating food seductively to eating it off each other, kissing gently on the lips to passionate kissing. It didn't do as much for me as my girlfriend but there was something hot about having to wait. It's definitely more fun while drinking as the game suggests even if you are open about doing things, but especially if either of you are a bit shy about trying things.

For anyone who has read negative things about this game, there are a couple of things that are a bit soft but that's the idea of the game. I'm sure the reviewer who said none of this is exciting was written by a typical man. The game builds up slowly and has very personal questions you ask each other, which helps you learn things you wouldn't normally ask about. I will admit there are some strange questions like 'What is your favourite tree/plant?' As a couple who have nothing to do with horticulture, it seemed a bit stupid but cards like this are rare. Even as a very close couple, we still learned things about each other e.g. A question asked 'What have you achieved/done that you're very proud of?'

The game does go on to some kinky stuff on the hottest level such as eating food off each others 'intimate bits' and again there are a couple of odd ones like putting a head bobble over your erect penis...i advise against this 1 but as before, the majority are very hot and sexy and even though we are fairly adventurous, there were quite a few new experiences.

There was 1 card that suggested she use a toy on my bum, which some people may feel odd about but obviously you don't have to do the ones you're not comfortable with...although the idea of the game is to open you up to new ideas.

This game is probably more suitable for inexperienced couples although we found it to be good fun on a Saturday night in.

4.0 out of 5 stars You may want to adapt the rules, 12 Jan 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
If you were looking for a challenging game to compete with your partner this isn't it. What it is is a good way to ask the questions you either didn't think to ask or didn't have the nerve too under different circumstances. It also encourages to explore and extend your physical relationship.

This won't be for every couples taste and you may well want to adapt the game play to suit your relationship.

The game works through three levels. The first is tame and is primarily about personal discovery. The second stage starts to get a bit more adventurous though is comparatively tame still. The questions and activities will probably start to push your boundaries. The final and third stage will almost certainly push your boundaries and needs to be treated with some care as some may find it a little much. Of course there will be those that will love this. It's worth noting that not everyone enjoys being told they should have to do this or the other.

I would suggest playing in a warm place as you might not enjoy this if your shivering. You will also need some basics, yoghurt, cream, ticklers, blindfold etc. The game does try to use things you would find in most households.

Great to get you talking and doing.

Monogamy Game for Couples