4.0 out of 5 stars Want to know the working height?????
As in other reviews,ladder quality is decent for domestic stepladder. I took a bit of a gamble with these as I needed to reach a high ceiling (approx 12ft) but could not find any info re the working height of these ladders. For anyone interested, the platform is approx 5 feet high and the ladders allow me to reach the ceiling with a bit to spare.
Published on 20 April 2012 by Mick 59

3.0 out of 5 stars Hailo L40 7-step Stepladder - not quite saintly!
Published on 26 Dec. 2012 by Rowley Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to know the working height?????, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Hailo L40 150 kg Capacity Aluminium Stepladder (7 Steps) (Tools & Hardware)

4.0 out of 5 stars Top quality step ladder, 7 Oct. 2011
I experienced considerable delay in the delivery of this item and was forced to phone up the supplier when the item failed to arrive within the timescale forecast after the first delay notice. However, delivery difficulties apart, I am very pleased with the excellent build quality of this step ladder. Its rock solid stability belies the fact that it is pleasingly lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, yet sturdy and great custumor service, 26 Oct. 2012
I needed a step ladder larger than the old 5 step steel tubular one I had for cleaning out the gutters. This 7 step version is very light and sturdy and stable and easy to move and climb up and stand on the top platform. The firm actually make one with 8 steps if you need a little more height.

The platform at the top locks into place and although small is easy to step on, with the handle across providing security.

I lost one of the rubber feet in soft ground almost at once, so either stand the ladder on a board, or only use on hard surfaces or indoors. However I e-mailed the company in Germany via their website telling them about this and asking for a replacement. Within 3 days a package arrived with 4 feet (2 front and 2 back). That is what I call service. So before that my review was 4 starts, but after that rapid no questions asked response it is 5 stars.But apart from that, it is a good and well priced buy. Just watch out if you are not on a hard surface, because the feet can get stuck and come off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head for heights., 6 Aug. 2013
This set of steps replaced old wooden steps and I now wonder why it took me so long to buy something so much more stable that is both strong and so much lighter. I have looked at and tried lighter steps than these but they did not instil the sort of confidence you need working at height.

I am delighted and have reached parts of the house untouched this century because they are so easy to manoeuvre...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect stepladder, 15 Sept. 2011
These are great for decorating and also getting into the loft with ease. They are sturdier than they look in the picture and they arrived in TWO days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladder, 24 July 2011
I'm really happy with this ladder. I use it to get into the roof of my flat. It is very sturdy and looks well built. The price is good too. Delivery was also good. Happy customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars stepladder, 9 Sept. 2011
these steps were good value for money and I have used them lots of times since buying. They are so light and easy to carry around inside or out

3.0 out of 5 stars Hailo L40 7-step Stepladder - not quite saintly!, 26 Dec. 2012
Rowley Hill (Saffron Walden, UK) - See all my reviews
Delivery - good. Weight - good. Strength - good. Bucket hook - good. Square-shaped top - not yet convinced vs round top. Top plate - NOT good, as when it's supposedly locked in place to hold the whole ladder rigidly open, the top plate pops up and the whole ladder tries to fold - a real nuisance. Would I buy another Hailo? Probably not. (If the manufacturer reads this; I can be contacted)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ladder, 1 Jan. 2013
K. Davies "coldcase" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely perfect for my needs. I wanted to access my loft space safely without having to have someone footing an ordinary ladder.

This step ladder had the height I required and is light enough to be moved around with little effort. It's easy to put up and I felt confident standing on it.

It also arrived within 24 hours so I can't praise the seller enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars good stepladder, 10 Nov. 2012
Very neat, sturdy steps and frame (important for me as I am overweight and chose this as it has a 150kg working capacity). The only negative point for me so far is that the rubber feet are a bit sliperry which makes the legs slide on the laminate floor I am using it on, when going up and down, whilst stretching the tensioners.