4.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent FF release!
Published on 7 April 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word... Terrible
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by NarutoxNinetails

4.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent FF release!, 7 April 2004
By A Customer
Final Fantasy Unlimited is one of the best series of DVD releases I have ever seen and a great one for fans of Square Enix's RPG series FINAL FANTASY. Just by seeing the first episode I knew immediately that this wasn't going to be different from any other Final Fantasy title, even if it's not a game this time. Just by seeing the Chocobo involved and hearing the exact music to the games I realised that as soon I as I get them I'm gonna buy them straight away! Square Enix was doing good releasing this and I'm glad. For all of you FF fans out there, you must get this! WELL DONE SQUARE ENIX!

5.0 out of 5 stars FFU Is Awesome, 16 Feb. 2004
i have volumes 1-3 on Region 1 and in march ill be receiving volume 4, these are great to watch, any true FF fan wont be disapointed and will appreciate the time took to Dub these in English 5.1, the Summons on this are wicked.
This adventure is baed on 2 twins Ai and Yu (Yeh i and you very funny) who set off to a mysterious world known as wonderland, wonderland is full of monsters and above all the Evil Earl Tyrant who has everything he wants, anyway the twins go into wonderland to find there missing parents, ofcourse theres lots of enemies who want to stand in there way, Lisa helps them as best she can, but they always seem to get trapped, until Kaze shows up, and although he doesnt seem to intend to want to help them he always summons a beast to destroy there persuers, monsters are summoned by Kazes Gun (Magun translated is Magic Gun) to summon a monster he inserts 3 varied capsules of soil, he mixes different combinations to result in the summons, sometimes by the colours he chooses you can guess what hes going to summon, for ex, Ice Blue, Maiden White, and Sky Blue summon Shiva, as any FF Fan would have probably guessed, youd be a fool to miss out on this wonderful series, even if you dislike Anime/manga it really doesnt matter, its very exciting to watch, and you will want to watch them over and over, ive already put mine onto Recordable DVDs so not to wear out my originals a must by
liquid_snake_31uk@hotmail.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it out first!, 14 April 2004
Jon Bond (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
unlimited is not for all but is a good dvd for most. The art is stunning and the occasional 3D graphics really add to it but does not live up to the standards of previous FMVs. I do not suggest you go straight ahead and buy this hpowever as you may be one of the few who dislike it. If you wish to try it out first, PSM2 is offering a free episode 1 of final fantasy Unlimited so you can see what it is really like and whether it is worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing volume that I have been looking for, 10 July 2013
I have been looking for the volume 7 of FF:U for a quite a while, mainly from Finland and finally deciced that since they don’t have it anywhere and haven’t even heard about that there should be 7 volumes of the serie in total, that I should expand my search. I could go on and on about how poor the Finland’s anime situation really is and something about certain manga series have been terminated for good there because they don’t sell enough and not telling about it to us otakus who seek the anime and manga they want elsewhere if they are not provided by local publishers. So that’s my reason to buy this volume.
FF:U is also one of the very first anime series that I bought and really enjoyed the series. It’s well made, plot is really good, voice actors seem to do their best... It has action, it is fun. It’s very much everything I want to see in animated film or serie. It has rich, strange worlds, amazing, sometimes silly and unique characters. It’s also something that it just is worth watching even the end is bitter. This also suits for people who are not familiar with Final Fantasy series of games. For sure I’m not.

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word... Terrible, 27 Dec. 2012
I was excited when i saw a Final Fantasy anime on dvd and i of course bought it straight away being a massive fan of Square Enix and their work. I honestly wish i hadn't bothered. From previous experience with Square Enix i expected an anime with fantastic graphics, good characters and amazing action/fighting scenes but boy was i disappointed. The anime graphics themselves are almost forgivable until you come to the poorly edited in CGI features, such as Kages arm-gun and the train, even then the storyline itself was kind of weak and after watching all four episodes there was no character development to speak of and it generated no interest in me. I would avoid this anime at all costs if you have any respect for Square Enix. I have no idea why they bothered to make this because this is in a word...TERRIBLE.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit weird, 9 Jan. 2005
Less Final Fantasy and more "standard anime with some FF moments in". It's a bit weird to be honest, having a very simple art style which occasionally has CGI elements.

The plot involves two kids who end up in a place called Wonderland. Sound like Final Fantasy? No. It doesn't.

I think the mistake here was slapping the FF label on something before production. I'm not saying you won't like it; many do, and I still found moments I enjoyed, but ultimately is no part of this created for Final Fantasy fans. Hell, you could remove the Final Fantasy label and nobody would be any the wiser. Except maybe nicer in their reviews due to lower expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised, 23 Mar. 2012
I didn't even know Final Fantasy had a anime series until I found this in a second hand shop in Leeds. When I first watched it I was spectal however by the end of this DVD I was impressed. The only thing that was disapointing was the ending theme - the mad chocobo theme and crazy japanese fast talking lyrics did let it down a bit. But who watches the credits anyway????

I liked this and the Magun is definatly one of my favourite weapons of all the final fantasy series :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlimited Possibilities, 11 Oct. 2005
When I saw the first episode of FFU I wasn't expecting a great deal I must say. After the disappointment of the film I was expecting something similar. However, to my great surprise and relief I was wrong. The characters are great and the plot has as much depth as the atlantic. The mix of 3d and drawn animations are great, the soil demon summonings are absolutely amazing; they gave me chills. The soundtrack is also great; that is if the ending and start themes are the same as on the japanese versions. Kaze's soil theme is also something to rave about as it gave me goosebumps and I never get bored of listening to it. I highly recommend this dvd although I do admit that not everyone will like it. Intimate Final Fantasy fans however, will love this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope it gets better!, 26 Feb. 2015
Nice! I bought this over a year ago and only recently got round to watching it, although it does seem a little repetitive when the guy summons with the 'Ma-gun' could have kept to the original animation, other than that, pretty cool and lots to be admired for a FF fan like myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Fantasy:U is the dog's!, 29 April 2004
By A Customer
This is the dog's this DVD! A great fan of the FF RPG series on variousconsoles, I never thought I would get to see Square-Enix's efforts atmaking a videogame-cartoon hybrid. Well, I'm bloody glad I did as theresults are fantastic!
The animation is clean and the CGI fits in nicely with the 2D. The musicis great with plenty of nods and winks to Uematsu's efforts from theseries. Uematsu in fact has made the opening theme, which includes wordsalong the bottom for those of you who like Karaoke!
The storyline at first seems clicheed but all worries of this are soonallayed as the plot keeps you hanging on at every turn, leaving you with asomewhat down feeling as you realise you've seen all 4 episodes and haveto fork out on another DVD to see what happens next! What is also nice arethe references, some casual, some blatent, to the videogame series, withpossibly the best being the summons that Kaze produce from his Magun(watch it and see).
For fans of Manga, this is a must. For those of you who aren't, this isstill a must!
xx TJ

Final Fantasy Unlimited - Vol. 6 [DVD]
Final Fantasy Unlimited - Vol. 6 [DVD] by Samantha Clark (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: £2.58