on 22 July 2015
Picked up two of these to go along with a "Large Wooden Garden Hammock with Wooden Splitter bars". Note: if you want to use these at both ends of the hammock then you'll need to order two as there's only one in the pack. In the end I probably only needed one as it worked better to have one attached to the side of the house and a bit of rope tied to a tree for the other end.

Firstly, these are rock solid. They come with long screws and plugs to go in brickwork/concrete. You could skip the plugs and screw them straight into wood though if you wanted. The screws had no problem at all holding two adults in the hammock even with some excessive swinging!

Secondly, the hook is much bigger than I expected. It weighs almost half a kg (~1 lb). The back plate is 8cm (~3 inches) in diameter and the hook itself is 12 cm long (~5 inches). The opening in the hook is 2.5cm (~1 inch) at its widest and that works well with the thick rope ends you normally get on hammocks. The metal of the hook is 1cm (~0.4 inches) thick so will outlast the hammock, me and probably the house!

I've included a picture with my hand in shot to give a sense of scale - but then again I guess you have no idea how big my hand is! :)

Hopefully this is helpful to someone though!
review image review image review image
on 8 August 2013
Good large solid hook but I didn't read properly and expected two as a hammock has two ends! Quite expensive for just one hook.
on 24 May 2011
They do the job and they're well built and will obviously last...but the plastic collar makes an awful sound when loaded and moving. A rubber collar would have been preferable. Replacing the collar isn't difficult though.
on 13 May 2013
GOOD. Very strong, no sqeeuzing sounds or anything like that. Just do the job perfectly. My hammock is hanging and I feel safe!
on 9 June 2014
like it say's easy to put up easy to hang your hammock off, solved problem of where to hang the hammock with such good fittings either to wood or concrete, well worth the money.
on 28 January 2015
Work very well and more than fit for purpose.
The item was larger and more substantial than it looks in the picture.

I installed them between two large oak trees in my garden, so I can get my hammock out and ready to climb into in seconds.

The main reason for not giving the product a 5 star rating was the cost.
I feel the product was a little over priced.
on 10 December 2014
I'd recommend doing away with the screws provided and using stronger ones. Most of the ones I've used are now ruined (still holding the hook in place, however) and one had its head snap right of while tightening. Hook itself is great.
on 13 January 2016
I've used these to put up a hammock in the office. Confidence inspiring build, the clips are large so should be able to accommodate all sizes of support. I've ordered another pair for outdoors. They might seem pricey compared to something DIY but these are the ones you want to buy.
on 28 June 2015
Got it for our hammock and have been using it for the past few months. Hammock is perfect for the living room, and this product has held well! Very strong. My mother, father and sister have been in the hammock at the same time and they're all grown adults. Very strong.
on 5 July 2015
Seems sturdy, have two drilled into interior block and plaster walls and they show no signs of movement or coming loose after a couple of night's (I'm 14 stone and I rocked myself back and forth several times)