5.0 out of 5 stars Kate Rusby live from Leeds., 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] (DVD)
Kate has a way that makes you feel at home. She's informal and friendly. Whenever I see her she makes me smile yet when she sings she can wring emotions out of you that you didn't know that you had. She is truly gifted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live From Leeds-Kate Rusby, 8 Sep 2009
F. Al-salim (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic DVD, the next best thing to being at the live concert. The content is excellent so is the quality of the DVD. Big voice combined with good humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fairest of all DVDs ?, 11 July 2007
This review is from: Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] (DVD)
While hunting through Amazon recommendations, a cd popped up with a striking cover (it was the Kate Rusby album the girl who couldn't fly). After entering her details on itunes and listening to a clip of her voice I was hooked, buying Hourglass, Underneath the Stars, and Sleepless.

However it took me a fair while to get around to buying to buying this DVD, it floating around the top of my Amazon wish list for about 5 months. Not sure whether this "live" DVD would disappointed me (having been let down by various musical artists "live" DVDs). I didn't need to worry! This DVD is a treasure to any Kate Rusby fan!

From the start you can tell the DVD has been put together with care and attention to detail, the menus are particularly well designed and styled. Upon entering into the concert, I loved the venue, its beautiful and so intimate, (lucky Leeds to have such a stunning building!) I can well understand Kate's choice to film there, rather than London (even thought filming in London would have been easier!)

When I bought the DVD the lady in the shop said "oh you'll enjoy that she's funny" And to my mind I thought "oh yeah?" But Kate is! She is warm, chatty and amusing. (Refreshing change, to some other artists' have seen in concert, when the only communication with the audience consisted of huge chunks of swearing). She introduces each of her songs and gently jokes about them. John McCusker also makes for laughs, as well as blowing your socks off during the instrumental track "tunes". In fact not to slight Kate in anyway, but "tunes" is (one of many) highlights on the DVD, showcasing the united talent within the Kate Rusby Band (the DVD includes biographies of all the band members to read at leisure). The show is delightful, filmed simply and effectively. Kate performance is flawless through out, sounding exactly like she does on cd.

The Extras include an interview by Andy Kershaw, where they talk about how Kate started out, also featuring John McCusker. There are three interviews in total, Andy Kershaw one, one at her home (or what I think is her home) and finally a tour diary.

If you're a Kate Rusby fan you can't do no better than add this DVD to your collection.

(and thats from a southern softie )

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey, Muther!, 12 Nov 2004
Mr. Kevin Gallagher (Wadebridge, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] (DVD)
A fellow Yorkshireman recommended this lady to me, for which I will forever be grateful.
I grew up in Rotherham not far away from Barnsley, so I can understand all her idioms and nuances.
Quite simply, Kate Rusby is astonishing.Husband John is incredibly talented.
I've lost count of the times I've watched her concert.
"Professional, Classically trained Musicians"?
Bah! Those orchestral robots should get a life!
This is REAL music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality concert and interview material, 15 Jan 2010
A. Henderson "Alistair" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] (DVD)
The concert footage is superb, you hear every word and note. The audience are respectful and really into it. I have most of Kates CD's and saw her from what felt like a mile away at Cambridge Folk Festival

This is an intimate concert in Leeds and all the better for this.

There is a lot of interview footage as well, so you can learn a lot too, or just enjoy the performance.

A must for folkies!

Alistair

Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD]
Kate Rusby: Live From Leeds [DVD] by Kate Rusby (DVD - 2003)
12.99