5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece
BOC will never better this album in my opinion. It is a perfect album, in form and function. The bands recent work hasn't equalled this album for me, as a whole this album is close to perfection. In terms of describing the sound, think moody and emotional electronica. I love the hip-hop influenced beats on this album, the first time I listened to An Eagle In Your Mind and...
Published on 24 Mar 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Subtle & clever yet quite bland
I was initially quite disappointed with Music Has The Right To Children as it took some patience to get into the sound and there is little in the way of 'hooks' to pull you in. After some time I found I had warmed to it although it's safe to say that BOC inhabit a very different headspace to me.
If you like ambient music you'll probably find this an excellent...
Published on 1 Nov 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Chill and come down gently, 4 Nov 1999
By A Customer
Sounds strangely seventies TV theme tune, but really kinda mellow and chilled. But we're not talking "massive attack" chill, this is 100% electronic mood-noises. Strangely beautiful.

3.0 out of 5 stars It just doesn't do it for me, 31 Aug 2000
T Pearce - See all my reviews
I bought this album largely on the amazing reviews on this page and also the reputation of warp records. Overall, I think it is OK and kinda interesting but overrated. It doesn't seem so original to me. Maybe I just don't get on with ambient music ... but I think I'll stick to Moloko ....

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but has been done better (several times before), 18 April 2000
Mr. K. Dawson "KFD" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
I listened to "MHTRTC" again last weekend and whilst agreeing it's a lovely album I couldn't help feeling that in some ways it is only the sum of its references. I guess most of the reviewers/purchasers of this album are young(ish) and maybe not aware of "Reproduction" or "Travelogue"-era Human League, or R.Sakamoto's "B2 Unit". Early Cabaret Voltaire, Kraftwerk, DAF - all sprang to mind. Praise it by all means but pay due respect to its forebears!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Crisp, 5 July 2004
This review is from: Music Has The Right To Children [New Version] (Audio CD)
Definitely one of the more exciting ambient/electro albums from the UK. The tracks are well produced and at times very creative and even catchy. Although the album is very beat-heavy, the best listening experience comes - as with other ambient CDs - when involved with something else e.g. reading, drinking tea, lazying in the sun. Although these folks are from Manchester, i think, the use of industrial sounds is substituted by a lot of vocal adlibs (mostly female or child voices), thus alleviating the harsher synth sounds at times. Net net, a good album to listen to on a lazy sunday afternoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but nothing really special, 6 Jun 2007
sandjs (cambridge uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Has The Right To Children [New Version] (Audio CD)
I love electronica and I love ambient and chill out. So I bought this album because of the excellent reviews, here on Amazon. I liked it as soon as I played it but I found it slightly weak compared to the likes of my other electronica albums, such as Blue states, Lemon Jelly, Future sounds of london and The orb, etc. Some songs are quite strong - so don't be put off by my review, just because I think it is nothing special, you may probably love it - everyone else on here does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frighteningly good., 7 Jun 2011
Mr. J. Crook - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Has The Right To Children [New Version] (Audio CD)
Better than The Campfire Headface even. Perhaps one iffy track overall. If you know BoC you need this one

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 17 July 2008
Simes82 (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Has The Right To Children [New Version] (Audio CD)
I find this album to be extremely bland and boring, the music isn't interesting in the slightest and most of the tracks sound the same. If you want good electro get anything from air or royksopp.

Music Has The Right To Children [New Version]
Music Has The Right To Children [New Version] by Boards Of Canada (Audio CD - 2004)