on 16 March 2006
it fits my garmin etrex a treat.It looks very nice and is
a very usefull item. with it you can clip your gps to your rucksack strap freeing your hands or your belt.A very handy item to have
on 4 July 2009
Got this for attaching my etrex to my rucksack when walking to save having to carry it in my hand which it does fine. Also found that I can use the belt hoop to attach it to my road bike when cycling - saves having to buy another bike mount and/or move the one I have on my mountain bike. Product works well - only thing is that one of the retaiing bands can sometimes get in the way of the middle button on the left of the etrex. Otherwise it's fine.
This review is done with 6 months of usage down the line and I'm not that impressed!

I don't really have a problem with tightness of fit, after all, I don't want my eTrex to leap out whist going off piste ... where I have an issue is in quality of construction,

I have found that the stitching around the loop where the carabiner fits has come away ,,, and as that has moved about, so has the stitching on the back where the belt loop is.

I don't think I'm in any danger of losing my gps, but I certainly won't be replacing it with another.
on 22 November 2009
I own a Garmin Etrex HCX and initially I used a phone case that I had adapted. I subsequently bought the Garmin Carabiner stretch holster and boy what a difference. It hangs snuggly on my rucksac strap and you can swing it up and have full view of the screen. Like a previous review I am critical of one of the retaining elastics conflicting with the magnification buttons but you get used to it and overall it does not detact from a superb piece of kit.
on 28 March 2010
Difficult to fit, interferes with operation of side button, adds no protection to screen. Forget it, buy the standard Garmin case and add your own carabiner.
on 10 February 2013
This keeps my little etrex H just where I want it, hanging from the shoulder strap of my rucsac. It's tough, well made and will probably out last the GPS unit. The only reason I gave it four stars was because the elastic securing straps tend to foul the input buttons, apart from that, it's just the job. HIghly recommended.
on 28 September 2015
Using with an e-trex 30. Karabiner can go through top or bottom eyes depending on where you are attaching it to. Adds a bit of bulk but that's to be expected. Slight cover up of one of the left hand side buttons by one of the cords however not an issue.
on 11 December 2014
Does exactly what it is supposed to. Hood snug fit. There are no worries of it falling out. Money well spent.
on 31 May 2012
With my sense of direction this gadget is essential,I no longer have to approach other walkers to ask directions(some understanderly are wary of a lone male)I do have friends they just do not enjoy a 10-15 mile walk.This gadget does all that I need it to,is easy to use and I enjoy using the different functions.I would certainly replace it with another of the same make.
on 5 January 2016