4.0 out of 5 stars Songs For Our Generation, 2 July 2004
This review is from: On My Way (Audio CD)
Fun, fun, fun, it's all about fun and that's bloody fantastic. I just wanna join in with every song, the drumming of John Kent at the beginning of "I need you back" just get's you a moving. Rock in your younger years, that's what this album begs you to do, rock with a smile not a frown. Ben Kweller just sums up what I would hope to create in terms of music, youthful energy that would make anyone dance, the voice of the free of mind student, that just has those lingering worries that are solved with a smile. He takes off where Ben Folds left us, he carries the baton for youthful zest that Folds left behind when he incorporated his maturity into his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars BK's back with a brand new invention, 13 April 2004
This review is from: On My Way (Audio CD)
Nearly two years after the modest triumph of his debut album 'Sha Sha' Ben Kweller is back with his New York inspired flower-rock follow up. He recently won national acclaim in the UK supporting Kings of Leon on their sell-out tour, being heralded as the Dylan of this generation. After such success 'On My Way' feels like a natural progression from 'Sha Sha', with a mixture of heartfelt ballads and pop rock pieces, all with the head nodding catchiness and bottomless integrity of his first album. However the latest from BK develops his wide net of inspiration to include a sixties vibe in 'I need you back' and smokey country rock of 'The Rules'. Switching between piano and guitar, BK makes is obvious once again that his talents not only lie as the writer of quirky yet tender lyrics, but as a well-rounded and accomplished musician. This album is a must have for any discerning indie rock fan, as well as more general music lovers looking for something honest and original from an increasingly contrived industry. Emotive and diverse, 'On My Way' deserves to be a huge success. Expect great things from this man.

5.0 out of 5 stars On My Way, 6 Jun 2007
Cody Duell - See all my reviews
This review is from: On My Way (Audio CD)
On My Way is Ben Kweller's sophomore release, and definitely shows that Kweller is on his way. On My Way was recorded almost entirely live with the band in the studio, in contrast to the polished over dubbed style of Sha Sha, and it shows in the raw style of songs that permeate the album. The hard rocking songs are more so than those on Sha Sha, and `The Rules' in particular is an energetic romp which gives the listener an urge to fully rock out. When it comes to touching guitar ballads, `On My Way' is the `Lizzy' of this album, and as far as piano ballads, `Different But The Same' and `Living Life' are each gems. Overall, all of the songs on the album show Kweller's impressive songwriter's touch and this one is definitely more than worthy of a good listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet again!, 24 April 2004
This review is from: On My Way (Audio CD)
What is there to say. 'Sha Sha' was good, a nice jolly pop record thatwould sound great on a sunny day drinking beer outside with mates. Now BenKweller has recorded an album that is more the sleazy dark side of theconversation-references to murder and disease are wrapped up in fabulouslysimple songs and delivered in such a way that they sound positivelyjoyous. See the title track 'On My Way' for example. The guy is a geniusand i just cant praise this album enough. Dont expect 'Sha Sha 2', expectsomething a whole lot better!

On My Way
On My Way by Ben Kweller (Audio CD - 2008)