Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 November 2007
Awarding a score to this album is not an easy thing to do. Why? Because in reality a lot of the songs on this collection aren't very good. This said, however cheesy and throw away songs like 'Remember (Sha La La)', 'Shang-A- Lang' and numerous others are they are genuinely happy three minute (or less) pop songs and that's something sadly lacking I feel in today's world of the 5-6 minute self indulgent deadly serious 'single'. Maybe for this reason, this album is as much worth buying for the nostalgia trip that listening to it will take you on as it is for the music. All of the Rollers hits are here and most of the other tracks are of a similar ilk and at least passable. At times the sickly sweet lyrics do get a bit much but as a review of the Rollers most popular years this is hard to beat. Ironically, artistically, the best song on this whole set was the Rollers first flop single after a run of 11 consecutive hits 'The Way I Feel Tonight' (a more adult sounding ballad) from the 'It's A Game' album. A word of warning now. Nowhere on the packaging does it state that these recordings are the original versions and a few of the tracks on this collection sound to me as if they may have been edited slightly ('Keep On Dancing' barely makes 2 minutes for example) so real Rollers fans might need to check this out before purchasing this. For the rest of us however (who no doubt simply want to be reminded of their younger days and/or some fun teenage pop songs)I suspect that this collection will do nicely.
on 26 July 2006
The Bay City Rollers have always sufferred from a bad reputation (among those that have never heard their music). So it comes as some surprise to hear just how great they were. It is just an injection of the purest pop you will ever hear. Don't try to analyse the lyrics, just go with the flow, and pretty soon you will be up out of the chair chanting S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night, Shang-a-lang, bye bye baby, and all the rest of their classics. The music is as fresh today as the day it was recorded. If you are a fan, or just curious to hear what the "worst band of all time" sounded like, this is the place to start.

(and Saturday Night was released in the UK, before Les joined the band and wasn't a hit, but was re-recorded, with Les, soon after for their debut album. And it was this version that got to US number one a few years later).
on 7 September 2007
To be perfectly honest the Rollers weren't my cup of tea back in the 70's BUT credit to them they had a great if not short chart career. Nice to hear the original recording of their Top 10 Hit from 1971, "Keep On Dancing". On all their other best of albums this one always seems to pop up as a re-recording. I'm not so sure that, "Give a liitle love" is the original recording having listened to it a couple of times...perhaps its been remastered as they like to call it these days? If you're a big fan of the Rollers then this album is definetly a must!
on 3 June 2014
I saw the Bay City Rollers in the 70s when I was a teenager. For some reason they came into my mind the other day and I decided to buy the CD. So glad I did!
Even after 35 or so years, I am remembering the words and singing along. A real Blast from the Past!
Not sure if teenagers today would appreciate the songs, but fans from back then are sure to enjoy it.
on 19 September 2013
They are still my favourites to listen to. Even my grandchildren like them.would recommend this to anyone.brings back memories of my youth.
on 14 September 2013
its great, the more you listen to it the better it gets and it gonna be great for a party I am throwing next week
on 16 September 2013
Great if you like the Bay City Rollers - all their hits in one place. I bought off the Market Place - what a bargain.
on 8 May 2013
If you are stuck what to get someone who is just turning 50 this cd will take them back to their childhood. I bought this for my cousin who, once she opened up the gift, pestered her family to play it. For a night she wasn't a wife, mum or gran, she was that teenager again singing along and after all this time remembered the words. Made someone happy and buy this cd.
on 10 December 2013
Love this album a few surprise songs I had never heard before and others that still get played at most venues these days really brought back my childhood
Great value from amazon to
on 22 February 2016
No, honestly, I am not and never was a Bay City Rollers fan...
But this now has historic qualities and there are still women I know who swoon at this remembering their youth.