5.0 out of 5 stars My old friend!
Published on 9 April 2010 by Stefangee

3.0 out of 5 stars Tools all work well but red shell cracked after some time
I've had this on my keys for a couple of years.
I bought this model because it's on the smaller side, and in general, I'm very happy with it. I use the tools regularly. The tools are great.
However, it's not unbreakable. The red shell on mine has broken in one place. This makes no difference to function, but it's not idea.
Published 15 months ago by hebrides

5.0 out of 5 stars My old friend!, 9 April 2010
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
This is my fourth Swiss Army knife, and my second Victorinox Sparta. I sadly had the previous one confiscated at cape Town airport when I forgot to put it in my hold luggage! On my return home I immediately ordered a new one from Amazon which arrived within three days. I was lost without it. It is beeautifully engineered with just the right tools and the right size to carry in your pocket. In my case not a day goes by when I don't use it. Lovely knife at a super price. Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round pocket knife, 22 Nov. 2011
Anthony Keith Gibson (Peterborough, Cambs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
This is my third one of these knives in 20+ years. The first wore out as it had been sharpened so many times and I lost the second one a few weeks ago. The new replacement is just as good as the first two - main blades are very sharp and keep their edge well, other blades aren't used as much but very handy when needed especially the corkscrew! The tweezers which are enclosed in the body of the knife have proved very useful when autumn pruning my roses - many thorns removed. Overall an excellent everyday knife that is not too bulky to be carried around in any type of clothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant knife, 4 Jan. 2015
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
The Classic Spartan Swiss Army Knife by Victorinox has been dubbed one of the most popular knives in America and is by far one of the best selling pocket knives. It is also an excellent and unique keyring.

This miniature tool is small enough to fit in any pocket, glove compartment, handbag - anywhere.

I myself have carried a larger one around with me for around 20 odd years which I've recently lost and had to order this one from here.

Swiss Army Spartan Features. . .

Large Blade - 2.75 inches
Wire Stripper
Bottle Opener
Key Ring

Length (Closed) is 3.5 inches

This one arrived well packaged and it goes without saying as a design classic that the build quality of this knife is non other than first class.

The blades are solid and feel very firm to work with and the tin opener works brilliantly as does the corkscrew. The blades on these knives sharpen up very well indeed too.

This knife if looked after will last for 10 years plus.

There's 1001 uses for this little knife as well as the obvious ones such as pulling splinters out of your fingers > cleaning your teeth > cutting packets/string > stripping wire > general knife work with the blade such as cutting Amazon boxes open, picking staples out of things, tightening glasses screws, opening beer bottles, cutting food tins open and of course opening bottles of fine wine . . .

The other 991 uses you will be ready for as and when they arise in life! and they will :)

A lifesaver at times, once owned you will never go without.

Super Swiss recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and the best, 26 May 2012
T. Bryant (UK, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
Victorinox have been making penknives since... well, since penknives were invented! This is another great model offering just what is needed, not too many tools getting in the way or making the knife too bulky which can sometimes be the case. My only complaint is that they still insist on including a half size knife as well as the regular one, which is comparatively useless and a bit of a waste in my opinion. Really this is a great product, well worth worth paying £2-3 more for the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox 1360313 Army Knife Spartan - Camoflage, 10 Aug. 2011
An excellent well made swiss army knife. A must have as part of any emergency kit. Have not been able to find any weakness or fault with this yet. Excellent value for money.Victorinox 1360313 Army Knife Spartan - Camoflage

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks a lot better than on picture, 19 May 2014
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Amazing Swiss quality UK carry legal pocket knife (larger blade is only 2.5" and both blades are non-locking)
The functionality is excellent and all tools do a great job, to note even there is no phillips screwdriver the tip of the can opener
is designed to be used on both flat and phillips screws and it works great.
Both blades are razor sharp from box and hold edge for a long time, one of the best quality stainless steels ever.
The knife is very light and compact (this is a 2 layer 91mm range knife), great for EDC pocket carry, no need for a belt pouch.
The jelly red is an amazing looking shiny transparent red and in reality looks a lot better than on the picture.
Highly recommended.

It also can hold the micro screwdriver in the corkscrew and has the straight pin slot beneath it, both these parts are sold separately as spares and you can get them from good outdoor shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spartan knife has nothing you won't use constantly, 19 Sept. 2010
Roy (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
Victorinox is the Mercedes-Benz of the pocket knifes. You can't go wrong with choosing it. Now the only question is which type of the knife to choose as they produce many versions. In short, it should have everything you need and nothing you don't need. This will save the money and wear your jeans less.

*Wood-cutter is not needed, if it will ever be, there are more effective tools for that. Thus "Hiker", "Camper", "Huntsman", "Champ" and "SwissChamp" is out.
*Multipurpose hook is for climbing, so "Climber", "Explorer", "Cybertool", "Ranger" out.
*It must be red because I don't want to make a thug image in workplace (black versions) or look cheesy (green "Rescue Tool").
*Anything that takes care of nails is a burden too, because I take care of my nails with real scissors.

What you're basically left with is "Spartan" and it really deserves it's name. I'll cover all the tools below:

*Long blade - gives the name to the knife. Less used than small blade (see below).
*Small blade - for cutting around the edges of any products that come in transparent plastic, like electronics. You don't use the long blade because in case of accidental closing it would cut your fingers. I don't know other way how to safely open plastic packagings.
*Two screw drivers with can/bottle openers. I tested both of them on numerous occasions and they perfectly work on both "+" and "-" shaped screw heads. Can opener has the written instruction supplied in the box, check it out.
*Bottle opener - less used as I'm not fan of vine, but you never know, as ladies are into vine and many bonus points to you if you open their bottles :)
*Reamer punch & sewing eye - I used it this morning to drill an extra hole in my new leather belt. Incredible.
*Tooth-picker and tweezers are a bonus.

Victorinox Spartan gives you all the tools you need and doesn't burden with anything you will not use (like wood saw or climbing hook). Because of that it costs less and you can carry it everyday without bulging pocket. Thanks Victorinox!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more using your teeth!, 23 Feb. 2015
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

I myself have carried a larger one around with me for around 20 odd years which I've recently lost and had to order another one from here.

Swiss Army Spartan Features. . .

Large Blade - 2.75 inches
Punch/Reamer with sewing eye
Bottle Opener
Key Ring

Length (Closed) is 3.5 inches

It goes without saying as a design classic that the build quality of this knife is non other than top notch.

There's 1001 uses for this little knife as well as the obvious ones such as pulling splinters out of your fingers > cleaning your teeth > cutting packets/string > stripping wire > general knife work with the blade such as cutting Amazon boxes open, picking staples out of things, tightening glasses screws, opening beer bottles, cutting food tins open, making new holes in leather belts as the years go by and of course opening bottles of fine wine . . .

The other 990 uses you will be ready for as and when they arise in life! and they will :)

Super Swiss recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and practicality all the way, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
There is good reason why Victorinox are the most famous knives in the world - fine quality and practicality and very affordable prices.I picked the Spartan as i wanted a small blade,a bottle opener and a corkscrew to go with the bigger blade and minimum of other tools that will not be used.Why are people marking this down for not having certain tools or a locking blade?Victorinox make these with 87 different instruments and a whole load of combinations - if you want scissors get a Victorinox Hunstman or Climber and if you want a locking blade they even make one of those now too.

Thankfully,the lack of a locking blade and main blade having a cutting edge of over half an inch less than the UK legal limit mean this knife can be carried about the UK without fear of falling foul of our draconian knife law - i expect to have this little cracker on my person for many years to come.

I received this on Christmas day and it was immediately put in to use opening wine and beer bottles and later the toothpick,all tools working very nicely.The small blade has been used many times for opening packaging after my Janary sales spree and peeling oranges so much so the edge dulled a little but a few strokes on a soft stone and it was razor sharp again.Having two different sized screwdrivers is always handy though it is unlikely i will use the can opener as there are better tools for that job though it will do in a camping emergency i suppose.I can think of no instances were i will get the opportunity to use the tweezers,wire stripper or punch/sewing needle but who knows what will crop up.

At £12 this is remarkable value and would make a great gift for,well,anyone that doesn't have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there nothing the Swiss Army Knife can't do?, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Pocket Tool (Sports)
What can I say about this knife - it is fantastic. One word of warning, it doesn't come with that thing that you use for getting stones out of your horses hoof, and as a result Dobbin has had a limp for a fortnight now. Still not to worry, because I can manage to open a wonderfully fruity Chablis and punch holes in cans of Carnation Milk so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Knife