on 24 June 2013
Do not buy this product from DFB Sound and Light Warehouse if you want MASTERPLUG brand.

I selected MASTERPLUG brand for it's quality and ordered this product, but what was shipped by DFB Sound & Light Warehouse was an inferior quality Pro-Elec product, despite their shippping note saying that it was a MASTERPLUG Extension Lead.

The wrong product was shipped to a family member away from home, so I was not aware immediately. As soon as I found out it was not a genuine MASTERPLUG product I requested a return/exchange, but DFB replied "Sorry returns period has expired".

Based on this customer experience I would not buy from DFB Sound and Light Warehouse again.
on 22 July 2013
It looked cheap when it arrived and was very light. After only three uses it nearly blew out my games console (loud noise and spark) and I could have been electrocuted. Since then I have stopped using it as I feel it is not safe; could start a fire or damage my electronics. I never will by any electrical appliances online again. Only from a reputable goods provider.
on 10 November 2014
ALMOST SET MY HOUSE ON FIRE. DO NOT BUY!
on 2 July 2013
this masterplug is an absolute delight. I get it out at dinner parties and guests cannot believe the length. Do not however, plug it in as shown in this picture, I tried this and it simply does not work.
55 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2014
keeps short circuiting and whenever i plug it in and use, my device turns off and on due to power surges? very dodgy. i just don't use it.
on 25 April 2015
I bought one of these a couple of years back and until last night it would have probably got 4 stars from me - it did what it needed to. Last night however it expired with a loud bang and a flash. Only 2 devices plugged in to it so not overloaded. Fortunately son did not perish and devices seem to work, not so sure about the chargers.
on 8 June 2012
This item was advertised as a Masterplug extension lead - IT IS NOT MASTERPLUG.
It is some unbranded item like you can pickup in your local discount store for the same price. I would say that the quality reflects the price paid and it arrived quickly, but it is NOT a branded Masterplug item and potential purchasers should not be deceived in this way.
on 9 June 2013
The plug arrived quickly, in a plastic bag inside a box with another product. The extension has a great long lead, which is what I was looking for but unfortunately it it did not work. I tried the extension in several plug sockets and each time there was no power to the gang extension. Very disappointed and returned for a refund. Will go and buy a different extension.
on 2 October 2011
"I would not buy this item again as it is cheap and nasty, unlike the genuine Masterplug Brand. Amazon need to check this one out".
on 18 November 2013
only 2 of the plugs work.. makes me wary to even use it! Terrified I burn in my sleep - SCARY!