My right-hand kitchen sink periodically blocked so that it drained very slowly and the outlet from the dishwasher caused the washing-up bowl to rise majestically like a moored yacht each time we ran it.

Published on 9 Dec 2011 by Peter A. J. Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Works if you use it occasionally, forget heavy duty use
At first I was very impressed with this product; it produces a lot of suction. But after trying to unblock a stubborn drain the handle broke. The plastic used is cheap and prone to wear at the point where the handle joins to the plunger. I am going to go back to the tried and tested rubber plunger on a wooden stick that will last forever.
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Stephen Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely powerful and effective piece of kit - watch out for splurge back, 9 Dec 2011
Peter A. J. Bennett (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker (DIY & Tools)

Using chemical sink products, sluicing with washing-up liquid and boiling water, prodding around with a skewer, clearing the u-bend and making a "hand plunger" all worked to some extent for a period but the problem always returned, the left-hand sink was fine so I could look at the pipe work and see the stretch which must be blocked.

Removing it would not be a simple job, so before I did so I decided to try a couple of plungers, this one (because it looked cool and fun if I am honest) and an old-school, Mario style cartoon type Monument - Large force cup (Plunger).

They arrived at the same time and, of course, this one was put into action first.

It is bigger than it looks (15cm across the "cup" and about 50cm tall) and fitted snugly over the plug hole in the offending sink.

I gave it a big push (the part at the bottom concertinas down), thinking I would then pull again to try to suck the blockage out (I was too lazy to plug the dishwasher outlet and put a damp cloth over the overflow pipe) and that was the one and only push needed. I was so happy that I had (and have had since) a perfectly flowing sink that I was not even unhappy to have to clean the expelled black sludge off my hands, the sink and the plunger (well, just a little miffed).

Final advice - this is a powerful bit of kit. Learn from my experience and start gently and build your way up. Maybe even cover with a tea towel in case you get a Ghostbusters style sliming experience like me. You can always build up to the big guns of blocking other outlets to create a better vacuum and really pumping away but, with this monster, you might well find there is no need...

5.0 out of 5 stars F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C !!!!!!!!, 20 April 2012
First I will start by saying 'WOW' !
Now, to be completely honest with you, I was rather sceptical about this item. Even reading all the brilliant reviews, I'm sure you can understand that it's difficult to believe something working sooo wonderfully - - BUT please believe me when I say that this item does what it says on the tin..!

Our bath was blocked, and it got to the point where taking a shower also meant that your feet got to have a little soak in their own miniature bath, as the water started to mount up, because of the 'blockage'. My other 'alf, being a bit clever 'n' that, had a look at the pipe etc, but noticed that it wasnt blocked that he could see, so obviously the blockage was further along the pipe. Same as some of the other reviews here say. We tried liquid blockers etc, but to no avail!

So, having read the reviews here (thankyou, thankyou, thankyou) I decided to spend the 8.22 and purchase one of these for us to try. And, I'm gona say it again - 'WOW' ! It worked! We did it a couple of times, covering the overflow, as other reviews recommended, and it worked!

So, if you are reading this, wondering whether this item works, and, as I previously thought, probably doesn't, then please believe me when I say it does. Go for it, you won't regret it! I reckon this is one of the best creations ever! <ee>

Can't recommend it enough! :-)))
A++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoaaa! Steady now., 11 Oct 2010
N. Harbron "Nigel @ Trustplumbing" (SCARBOROUGH) - See all my reviews
This is the biz but be very careful if you have the push fit type wastes and drainage pipes, this brute can pop them right off so go easy with it.
My bath has never runneth so quickly since I gave the watse a pump with this beastie. Looks like a sex toy though, albeit a bit ambitious. Great value plunger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks ridiculous, works brilliantly, 10 Feb 2013
Mr. L. Lang - See all my reviews
I was impressed by the reviews for this thing and having now bought and tried it I can say that I heartily agree, along with one warning: this thing is NOT small. That said, its capacious mouth means it has managed to clear every slow-draining sink in my house (there were a few) in seconds, where dozens of litres of various bleaches and drain-unblockers had failed. The corrugated chamber means you get a huge amount of pressure with each push and pull, so make sure you remember to block any overflow holes in the sink/bath with a (gloved) hand - the first time I forgot and propelled nasty water the whole way across the room! And then felt sad.

Although it will take up a fair bit of space in a cupboard and looks like some kind of cross between a space-hopper and a pogo stick, it is ridiculously good at what it does. What I had taken to be a case of bad pipes turns out to have been a number of very stubborn clogs that are now (and very suddenly) a thing of the past.

And by way of a minor proxy review/anecdote:
Stopping at the pub on my way home from work (that's where it was delivered - I haven't decided to tackle the world's plumbing problems!) with this sticking out of my bag, the landlord came over and said "Is that a massive plunger or are you just pleased to see me?" Once I'd assured him that, while I'd welcome a pint, it was just a massive plunger in my bag, recognising the distinctive colour, he added: "Is that that big corrugated one? Got one myself. Best plunger in the world mate. Stupidly good. You made a good choice."

I couldn't agree more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant unblocker!, 7 Oct 2011
This unblocker is quite big but it really does the job. For best results, stop air coming out of the overflow with a dense cloth or similar as you use it. The unblocker may bring up some drain debris, so give it a good wash afterwards!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a big boy, 7 Oct 2013
I read reviews and thought this is the chap for me. It arrived promptly and it is indeed the largest plunger I have ever seen. A quick one two and the slow draining shower is no longer slow. Gave the sink a shot as well and there was a fountain out of the shower drain.

Every man should have one (and women as well).

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster plunger!!, 21 Mar 2013
Rather bigger than I thought but hey it does the job. Had tried for several weeks with a small plunger to no avail..then first time I used this beast the blockage just gave up and hey presto the sink runs away as it should. One word of caution place a bowl under the ubend as this beast creates a deal of pressure that forces water through the joints. Would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might be too big for some, 11 Feb 2013
Sajad Jiyad (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Cleared a blockage in my bath tub, builds up lots of pressure quickly and you will see (and smell!) the effect right away. This will not clear any major blockage in your mains or share drains, only in the internal pipes if small blockages such as hair,etc pile up. Do check the size before purchase as it may be too big for some sinks. Did the job for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars great unblocker, 27 April 2010
I live in Spain ,my kitchen is on the 1st floor my utility room is on the ground floor,the waste from the kitchen joins the waste pipe from the utility room then goes under the property into the main soil pipe.
2 years ago the waste became blocked ,I called in a pipe unblocking company they sent 4 men could not get it unblocked charged me 100 euros returned the following day put acid down which cleared the blockage.
9 months later again blocked called another company after an hour could not unblock the pipe charged 50euros suggested should knock the wall down and lay a new pipe.
Persevered for 6 months emptying the sink manually called a 3rd company in they jet washed the pipe still blocked they then used a large plunger which did the trick charged 100euros a week later blocked again .
I searched the internet purchased master plunger cleared within 5 minutes reblocked 2 weeks later again cleared within 5 minutes no problem since saving me about 180 euros
I would therefore recommend the master plunger

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Saved me a fortune!, 24 Sep 2013
Really powerful and effective.

Easily cleared my two completely blocked kitchen drains (where 3 bottles of chemicals had previously failed). Much friendlier to the environment too than all those chemicals.

Thanks to everyone who left the great reviews for this product that persuaded me to buy it - they are not wrong!
Same drain problem last year saw me pay 160 to DynoRod to do the job that this plunger did in a couple of minutes.

Yes, the head is large and it only just fit in my smaller kitchen sink, but I found it worked even when I had to squeeze it in to the available space. Particularly effective when I blocked the overflow and second plug hole with rags.

Buy it! I don't think you'll regret it :-)