4.0 out of 5 stars Good small torch.
Mini mags are best when you need a strong but small light in a bit wider beam than the Princeton Pulsar.
Takes easily replacable batteries that are easy to get and has a sturdy metal casing.
Still light enough to dangle off keyring.

Published on 15 April 2010 by A. Shopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, should have known better
No point writing a long review, it is overpriced and underpowered.

A mobile phone torch app will output more light then this feeble attempt at a torch, Manufacturer should have used a LED optic at the very least I mean the cost is peanuts.
Published 9 months ago by Another Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good small torch., 15 April 2010
Still light enough to dangle off keyring.

I currently have this, a pulsar and mini leatherman attached to my keychain and still manage to carry everything fairly comfortable in my pocket, satisfying my inner survivalist instincts.
Mini Mag fits well in the cool tool group.

Only minus point is that if I have the light attached to keys for too long without checking, it loosens up where you attach the batteries and finally comes apart.
I ended up loosing the light and the battery casing and realised that I only have the keyring bit left.

Never mind, still the coolest small torch I have found, I just keep the battery attachment closed properly from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, should have known better, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Maglite Solitaire (Misc.)
No point writing a long review, it is overpriced and underpowered.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, 18 Jan 2013
Dr. Sylvia Knight (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red (DIY & Tools)
I bought one of these twenty years ago, and I am surprised they are still on sale when LED torches are so much better. Its maximum light level is 2.3 lumens, whereas modern competitors do 80+ lumens, also on one AAA battery, such as
ThruNite Ti 2 Flashlight, Cree XP-G2 LED, 81 lumen, OP reflector, Waterproof to IPX-8(blue)
I used it for years but when the bulb blew yet again (it has replaceable bulbs, whereas LEDs just keep on going) I threw it away and treated myself to something better. The Thrunite linked above also has a low power mode that is brighter than the Maglite and runs for about ten times as long. It is a similar price, smaller, more waterproof, and thirty times as much light comes out on full power. There are plenty of cheaper and tinier alternatives too if you're not wedded to the AAA battery. Your mobile phone might put out more light than this too!

Incandescent lightbulbs in this day and age: just say no.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received it yesterday,tiny torch but very good., 27 July 2005
By A Customer
I thought oh oh when seeing how small and portable it was but then tested it out and discovered its better than 3 other torches i have bought and used that were bigger and with on/off rubbish switches that kept turning themselves on while in your pocket.This one here is impressive in contrast to them and only needs one battery at a time.Very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Damn, damn, damn, damn!, 6 Dec 2013
R. Mcintyre "armac" (Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maglite Solitaire (Misc.)
I'd overlooked Amazon's habit of posting up marginally related trash in any given search, so failed to check that the return for seeking "LED key ring torch" actually WAS what I'd sought.

This is NOT a "LED key ring torch". it's a tungsten bulb device.

As a result I'm stuck with this feeble, fragile incandescent cripple of a thing.

Don't buy this product. Buy something with a LED emitter unless you've got a hangup on replacing burnt out bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little light!, 23 Sep 2009
Very good light as you would expect from Maglite. I bought from them as they are a very well known company for making good sturdy torches. I was not disappointed. Shockproof and waterproof and not a bad light source from something so small. Good for finding keyholes or navigating abit of unlit street or even going for walks (althought a bigger torch would be more suited).
It is perfect for putting on your keyring like I have with mine so you always have it to hand. Comes with a nice little box and a spare bulb in the other end of the torch. Would definitely recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor value, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red (DIY & Tools)
Bought this little torch to wear on a lanyard around my neck when camping, hiking, etc. I've been using it for over a year now. This is a robust item that throws a beam of light which can be altered by simply twisting the bezel. However, the quality of the light source is very poor compared with other similar products on the market for under a tenner (LED's are so much better). The beam is a dull yellow/orange colour and very disappointing compared with more modern technology. I have £1.00 keyring lights which are much brighter and give a more useful 'white' light. Plus, battery life is poor. Comes with small lanyard and decent quality AAA battery and a very durable case. Comes with a nice little presentation case which is attractive if you're considerng offering it as a gift to someone. Given poor light quality I would not buy this item again and can see this product becoming redundant in very near future due to better quality products for similar price. Despite this, it is still a useful accessory to have as it has a multitude of uses around the house and also outdoors. Better than nothing but poor value for money nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEEING THE LIGHT., 5 Jan 2013
R. Phillips (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
There are more powerful keyring lights, some smaller and some with multiple functions. I have used several. This one take easlily purchased, long lasting aaa batteries and has a decent loop attachment ( I take the tough cord off and simply use the ring directly through the torch base and onto my keyring.). Try buying the right button cells at your hotel or corner shop. An AAA battery? no problem.

I had one on my car key spat for a dozen years, (three Duracell battery changes). The black torch got rubbed down to its aluminium case against my other keys. Dropped in mud, on pavements, continued to work fine until I lost it- and have purchased the same again. Enough light to look for a dropped purse/wallet in the cinema, read a book durring a power cut or find your way home on unfamiliar forest paths.

There are none as small, hardy, cheap, with such universally obtainable batteries and as reliable. The only downside is the case colour will dissapear after several years of company with several keys, though it doesn't affect the function.The fancy led alternatives I have used don't take kindly to sharp knocks. Even with a broken seal ( easily replaced) the SOLITARE is washed out , dried, seal replaced and its up and running. Led electronics are fine 'til they get wet or battery corrosion strikes... the SOLIARE's simplicity avoids all that. Also led's torches I have used have all tended to switch on when stuffed in pocket with a bunch of keys. The MAGLITE SOLITARE needs to be twisted to switch on and avoids accidental wasteage. Really a good basic design, hard to beat- at any price.

IN A NUTSHELL:-

Portable Keyring Power That Continues To Shine When Others Fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch- Black, 4 Jun 2011
This product arrived the day after I purchased it! And I was very pleased with the product itself. I have bought it for Army cadets but it could be used for other things to. It is very bright and very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini gem, 3 Nov 2010
S. Cannan "StevieC" (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my stepson who lost the first one. I got this maglight again becaus it was perfect (my stepson says) and had a brilliant lightbeam. It is very handy for him as he likes to clip it to his key ring or belt and is always at hand. He begged me to get him another for his birthday and as its a cheap item but well made I am happy to oblige.

Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Red